by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 946 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So, where to begin? [Re: 3dgs_snake] #409384
10/16/12 11:25
10/16/12 11:25
New York, USA
P
Preypacer Offline OP
Preypacer  Offline OP
P

New York, USA
Ah, so it's part of the LiteC tutorials. Gotcha.

I was looking for a stand-alone tutorial for it.

Okay cool! I'll just work my way up to that, since I'm sure it entails a bunch of stuff taught up to that point.

Thanks!

Re: So, where to begin? [Re: Superku] #410246
10/31/12 03:43
10/31/12 03:43
C
Calliopebrook Offline
Calliopebrook  Offline
C

Originally Posted By: Superku
As I've said before, you only use a specific tool/ feature when you need it, you won't find any predefined workflow as there is no such thing, it isn't even necessary. Just start with a gameplay prototype (using a simple WED level and SED) and then you decide what you want to create next, your ideas and your mind dictate what tool is to be used next.

IMO the terrain generation is in fact a little problematic with GStudio, but you can try the following approach: Open the painting program of your choice, draw a heightmap where black is the lowest and white is the highest point. Then choose a multitexturing terrain shader (there's a list of available shaders in the manual) and create the appropriate blend map (this depends on the shader). Now import the heightmap in MED and make some adjustments, if necessary. Add the terrain in WED and assign the material/ action (f.i. from mtlFX.c).

n MED you create or import your models, your player figure, enemies, other animated stuff, detailed objects and the like. When you come to a point in your level where you say: "I need a terrain, now!", you can start MED and create a terrain there, too, manually or via a heightmap. The advantage of a heightmap is that you can create your blendmap in a painting program, too, otherwise it can get difficult (I've posted a very simple and unfinished blendmap painting tool called TED on the forum some time ago, it may be useful for you).
I don't want to blame the developer but simply never use GED, it was an approach to create a realtime editor that uses the engine without having to rewrite anything, that's why you cannot edit blocks and the like in it. Everytime I used it I've only had problems and crashes.

Re: So, where to begin? [Re: 3dgs_snake] #410756
11/08/12 09:41
11/08/12 09:41
L
lorainesports Offline
lorainesports  Offline
L

Strange, I found three DGS is easy to start, this is the main reason, not other engine choose to do this, because I have no real knowledge of the 3 d game production... Just do the tutorial and reading aum magazine get basic information beginning, read the corresponding part of the manual, when I start to do your own thing.

The most easily began to draw a level from marriage and block, import prefabs, terrain and model by clicking on a few mouse clicks, check the demo how to construct the level of available, everything should be good, and easy to move on.

Re: So, where to begin? [Re: 3dgs_snake] #411482
11/17/12 06:38
11/17/12 06:38
B
bravemmolive Offline
bravemmolive  Offline
B

Body feels not good, Cheap PlanetSide 2 Gold
then go to the hospital for examination, the doctor asked X-rayed, X-ray, MD wrote diagnosis, and then I took the diagnosis and film to the doctor. Surprisingly, the doctors took X-ray diagnosis began shaking his head, his mouth Gee, I was immediately pumped wow cool, want to ask the doctor left how long results that doctors say is: "Oh, now young doctors, the handwriting is really bad. "
Cheap PlanetSide 2 Gold

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de