by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad, M_D), 1,217 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Guise Of The Wolf #409539
10/18/12 22:57
10/18/12 22:57
6 Images
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
Guise Of The Wolf

Set in the Kingdom of Uhorsko, during the 17th century, an alchemist named Dominik receives a mysterious invitation, requesting his help in stopping a ravenous creature. Dominik's carriage is attacked on his way to the castle of his summoner. Though he is cared for, Dominik suffers from a wound on his arm. Soon after, he begins to unearth the secret of the castle; a lupine curse which will haunt him in his search for a cure.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph45-vi7rjM (NEW)

Demo:
http://guisewolf.fun-creators.com/stores (NEW)

Game Details:
Genre: Horror Mystery Adventure
Perspective: First-Person
Player Mode: Single Player
Languages: English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Slovak
Platform: PC
Controller: Keyboard/Xbox360 controller
Release Date: Q1 2013

Special Thanks:
Guise of the Wolf uses some of the awesome Josef's Tear textures!

Game Special Features:
• A classic indie-style with gothic atmosphere
• Create potions from ingredients
• Survive being hunted in the darkest of places
• Use moonlight to transform into a werewolf
• Use your forms to solve puzzles
• Unravel the story mystery
• Multiple endings
• Explore a vast castle
• Discover secret paths
• Full voice-over dialogue and subtitles deliver a chilling tale

External Links:

Game Homepage:
http://guisewolf.fun-creators.com

For frequent updates, news, giveaway copies, and more! Please like Guise Of The Wolf Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/GuiseOfTheWolf

Thanks for your support!
Last edited by SeaCancer; 01/11/13 18:29.
19 Comments
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #410275
10/31/12 13:35
10/31/12 13:35
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
As promised, The game will be available at:

1) Green Man Gaming (www.greenmangaming.com) as a UK leader
2) Zodiac (www.zodiac-store.com) in Italy, he will Add an Italian Language at his own cost

Last edited by SeaCancer; 01/05/13 18:33.
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414610
01/05/13 18:31
01/05/13 18:31
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
Time to have some feedback about the demo

http://guisewolf.fun-creators.com/stores

PS: We will add the German language, please PM if you want to help us in that laugh

Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414631
01/06/13 00:41
01/06/13 00:41
Spain
painkiller Offline
Serious User
painkiller  Offline
Serious User

Spain
Just tried it, I played until you get that guy out of the cell. I think the game is really immersive and enjoyed playing it. One thing I noticed is that when you looks through the window of the room, you see a sky, but in the low part the skycube ends and looks a bits strange

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: painkiller] #414633
01/06/13 00:54
01/06/13 00:54
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
OOh, so you didn't try the werewolf transformation yet?! laugh

Well, Thanks painkiller for this point we will take a look and fix that
We will release the next version when the French & German languages are ready

PS: That guy will play a very important part in the story wink

Last edited by SeaCancer; 01/06/13 00:58.
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414796
01/07/13 21:06
01/07/13 21:06
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas

Last edited by SeaCancer; 01/07/13 21:07.
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414890
01/09/13 20:41
01/09/13 20:41
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Hey SeaCancer, I tried your demo. It is VERY impressive. As others said, it is very immersive and I really like it. Call me a fan. In some parts it recreates an atmosphere I remember from Oblivion/Skyrim from Bethesda. Take this as a compliment. I always liked the side quests the thiefs guild and the werewolf quest.

What I especially like is the deep atmosphere and the shock moments. They are nicely done; I really like the ground fog in the opening level.

I also played until the when you meet Filch. The reason why I stopped playing was because I couldn't find the f-ing kitchen. More about that later.

Here is a list of things I have noticed and I recommend you to change:

• The startup window should have a progress bar
  • Please let me skip the intro by mouse-click or ESC if I have seen it before
  • When I press ESC, the whole game exits. WTF??? You should NEVER-EVER do this. A gamer expects from ESC, that an ingame menu appears or the like and that the game doesn't exit.. please, please, please change that. This is an absolute no go.
  • When loading the opening level, you draw onscreen „UHORSKO something“. Where is Uhorsko? Try adding a countryname beside that to get players familiarize with that place.
  • When the first dialog appears that explains the usage of the inventory, you might also mention that all dialog can be closed with a mouse click.
  • When the player mentions Lazlo.. well... WHO IS LAZLO? He might comment it or you put a small intro sequence in the carriage BEFORE the accident happens (with a white flashbang, before the actual game begins).
  • I have vertical bars at the sides of my screen. Are you enforcing a certain aspect ratio or so? Don't you use video_mode?
  • I don't think that going over the bridge should force a level change. The exterior is the same but it is obvious, that you are reloading the level. Why would you do that? Please embed the scene where you see the killed Lazlo into the main level.
  • When going over the bridge, the level changes, but when going from the Lazlo place back to the castle, the bridge is about 20 meters aways from the point where the next level change is initialized. You should let the player step on the bridge to trigger that.
  • There are WAY TOO MANY invisible walls in the opening level. You should overthink that and remove them. Especially at that place where you find the carriage.
  • As I said, the shock moments are great. But what do you think about the character commenting them?
  • When entering certain level parts, like the dungeon, you are updating the journal. Which is a good thing. But like the shock moments, you might think of the character commenting these things with a voice over.
  • I accidently pressed ESC before I entered the castle, restarted the game and pressed „load game“. Then, the opening level loaded and the camera rotated slowly to the right and nothing happened. I had to start a new game then to play the game.
  • When hovering with the mouse cursor over an inventory item, you should print on screen what it is.
  • When clicking the right mouse button in the inventory, all items disappear.
  • When entering the castle and speaking to the maid, you can see texture distortions at the lower half of her dress.
  • If someone talks to you, you should be able to proceed the current text passage / spoken text by clicking.
  • Is your model lipsynced?
  • You can not open the inventory as long as the onscreen text of an item is visible. Like „door is locked“.
  • The inventory opens and closes very slowly. I would throw away that animation.
  • In the bedroom, you can't see yourself in the mirror.
  • In the second bedroom where you find the letter, you can not get the letter, if you don't press CTRL to crouch. It is not visible to the player, that you can do that. In that scene, you should show an onscreen message like „press CTRL to crouch“.
  • In the courtyard, down, at the end, on the left, I got stuck in geometry. I had to restart the game.
  • It is not visible to the player that he has to select a key in the inventory to open a door. Maybe you could give him a hint to do that the first time, like when he goes to the courtyard.
  • The dungeon looks too clean to me. Maybe you could add more fog, ground fog and more spiderwebs and such stuff there.
  • The traps are nice – but it would be more satisfactory if the player could activate the traps in order to defuse them.
  • When I speak to Filch, the very first text is disappearing, only an empty dialog box is visible. Also, the volume of the spoken text of him is different.
  • I accidently tried the rusty key to free Filch from his cell. THIS is not visible to the player, because there is no lock or something attached to the cell-grid.
  • When I freed Filch, I find text in the inventory that says, that we have to meet in the kitchen. First, I wonder why this isn't spoken by Filch, he only says „thank you“. Second, I can't find the kitchen!!! It would be easier if I could follow him there.
  • If I want to open a door that I previously opened with a key, I still have to select the key to open the door. It would be nice if the game would remember that.
  • On my search for the kitchen, I went back to the dungeon and to Filch's cell. When I went near the cell, he appeared again.

That's it.

I think this is a really good game and you have done a great job with the models, the environment and the atmosphere. But you still have to do some more homework to polish it.

And please tell me how to get to the kitchen. I am hungry for more.

Regards,
-Christian

Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: HeelX] #414891
01/09/13 20:51
01/09/13 20:51
Spain
painkiller Offline
Serious User
painkiller  Offline
Serious User

Spain
hehe it looks like we stopped playing on the same point, I could not find the kitchen like you grin

3D Gamestudio A8 Pro
AMD FX 8350 4.00 Ghz
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: painkiller] #414925
01/10/13 14:27
01/10/13 14:27
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
Hey HeelX,

Thanks for this appreciated feedback
(saved & sent to the Dev team)

Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414927
01/10/13 14:42
01/10/13 14:42
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
@painkiller
@ HeelX

Hey Guys! Kitchen is not available in the Demo laugh

kitchen, towers, and other levels are places which will spoil the game and the story for fans

There is a spoiler removed from the demo too (Just after meeting Filch)

But we will try to make the demo a little longer wink

Re: Guise Of The Wolf [Re: SeaCancer] #414928
01/10/13 14:47
01/10/13 14:47
always overseas
S
SeaCancer Offline OP
SeaCancer  Offline OP
S

always overseas
Demo Hint:

- Do not follow Filch
- Near Filch prison, you will find a prison with broken bars, sneak inside

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de