by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ayumi, 7th_zorro, 1 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: Nardulus] #36351
12/17/04 23:01
12/17/04 23:01
Margaritaville (Redneck Rivier...
myrlyn68 Offline
Senior Expert
myrlyn68  Offline
Senior Expert

Margaritaville (Redneck Rivier...
Looks as though you have three potential customers in this thread that are serious. Round up 20 or so more and approach Conitec.

Personally I don't see how they could do the port for $50K, but if they could that would be a steal in terms of development costs (it would effectively be an entirely new engine...everything in 3DGS is heavily rooted in DirectX). I myself would be more interested in what this would mean for the Windows version of 3DGS than what it would for the potential Mac customers. Maintaining 2 seperate code bases would not make much sense so chances are good that certain limitations in the current engine might be skirted in a new build that will run (more or less) on both Windows and OSX.

If Conitec would be willing to offer up more information on what the big picture of the potential port would be, I might be willing to throw my hat (and a few dollars as well ) in behind the development.

Virtual Worlds - Rebuilding the Universe one Pixel at a Time. Take a look - daily news and weekly content updates.
Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: myrlyn68] #36352
12/17/04 23:12
12/17/04 23:12
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
As someone who has no desire to port to Mac, I would be concerned as to what this would do to the actual win 3DGS engine development. Seems like this would spread the 3DGS team a bit thin, push back A7 release, etc....

They could hire an outside team to do it I guess, but the est. $50k price tag doesn't seem like enough for that...

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: fastlane69] #36353
12/17/04 23:47
12/17/04 23:47
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
@ CBuilder
ya know, you're not making any sense... first you express interest in a Mac dev tool, then you don't... then you do... then ya don't...

why don't you wait until you make up your mind on what you actually want to do... then i think it would be the appropriate time to engage in pointed questions... until then you are not only wasting your time, but everyone elses who is trying to offer you some assistance...

@ the rest of the interested

make that 4 customers... i would be willing to invest a thousand for startup dev costs... in return for participation in the beta, and at least the first 3 version licenses...

the returns would make such an investment insignificant... while the Mac market is small in comparison to the Win/PC market, anyone who has taken the time to look at the numbers could hardly ignore the sales potential that a 'small fish' would enjoy in a 'small pond'... the Mac market is starving for all sorts of games... an indie would do quite well, as would a tool maker who would sell licenses to them...

but hey... i'm not one who believes in swimming against an overwhelming tide, especially when there are so many here opposed to the idea of a Mac port... in other words, i'm not gonna get up and wave an iMac flag in the face of the tornadic level wind that the Windows fanboys would undoubtedly create as they fanned faster and faster...

for me, there are many other options for cross platform development (ok, there are a few) that i am comfortable with now... so, i see this as a battle that is not worth fighting...

also, this idea has been suggested before... the community response was underwhelming, if not outright negative... the company response was also negative... and understandably so... there are many pressing issues with the current engine, that to me, would take precedence as opposed to diluting resources that could be better served.

... i mean, something like this would take a definite commitment on the part of those involved... if that is not there, i would advise not even wasting the time even embarking on it...

... but if the commitment is there, count me in.

--Mike

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: Red Ocktober] #36354
12/18/04 00:24
12/18/04 00:24
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Quote:

@ CBuilder
ya know, you're not making any sense... first you express interest in a Mac dev tool, then you don't... then you do... then ya don't...

why don't you wait until you make up your mind on what you actually want to do... then i think it would be the appropriate time to engage in pointed questions... until then you are not only wasting your time, but everyone elses who is trying to offer you some assistance...

--Mike

Mike,

I really think your reading comprehension needs to improve. You are simply twisting what I wrote.

Exactly where did I
Quote:

first you express interest in a Mac dev tool, then you don't... then you do... then ya don't...

You will NOT find any wavering interest. However, please do attempt it. It will be fun to watch! Please quote me exactly from my posts to support your point. No Liberal touchy feely I think what you meant is…… Again, exact quotes only.

What I'm clearly not interested in is another currently worthless 2D game development tool like BlitzMax which runs only on the Mac. I want something similar to 3DGS for OS X. I may be interested in something like Blitz3D or DarkBasic if it runs on Windows and OS X.

CBuilder

Last edited by CBuilder2; 12/18/04 00:28.

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: CBuilder2] #36355
12/18/04 00:26
12/18/04 00:26
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Let it go cbuilder.
Any chance Red has to

a) Pick on someone for what they DON'T say
and
b) use the word "fanboy"
he'll jump on.

Don't let it get to you man; he's a broken record just looking for some airtime at your expense.

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: fastlane69] #36356
12/18/04 00:30
12/18/04 00:30
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Quote:

Let it go cbuilder.
Any chance Red has to

a) Pick on someone for what they DON'T say
and
b) use the word "fanboy"
he'll jump on.

Don't let it get to you man; he's a broken record just looking for some airtime at your expense.

fastlane69,

I appreciate your wise words. I'm going to try to drop it. Individuals can make their own conclusions based on what I wrote.

Thanks,

CBuilder

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: CBuilder2] #36357
12/18/04 00:34
12/18/04 00:34
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
hahaahhahahahaa...

ok CBuilder... that's what i get for trying to help you out...

you have to expect the sort of stuff that Fanboylane posts... he can't help himself... but you don't have to listen to him...

... unless you want to.

but here are some recent reasons as to why you might not want to listen to his looooonacy...

(1)
Quote:

fastlane69: Well some of that isn't 100% true. We didn't have to threaten them with legal action, we just had to ask them nicely to change. And part b (the illegal copy) is a lot more complicated then I have time to talk about. Just want to make it clear that this is your view on what happened,

posted by one of the senior admins in order to set the story straight after one of Fastane's creative storytelling episodes about something he obviously knew nothing about...

(2)
Quote:

the day ANYONE confuses my opinion for the "official"

in the same thread, 'lane even admits to being a lil off the centerline himself...

so... you are free to follow him... your choice CB...

ok, in response to what you say...
Quote:

I really think your reading comprehension needs to improve. You are simply twisting what I wrote.

Exactly where did I

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first you express interest in a Mac dev tool, then you don't... then you do... then ya don't...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will NOT find any wavering interest. However, please do attempt it. It will be fun to watch! Please quote me exactly from my posts to support your point.

ok... here's what you asked for... prepare to have fun, as you put it...

Quote:

Now, I am trying to find a good MAC 3D development environment that is as good as 3DGS.

Ken

Ken,

When you do, please let us know!

and this...
Quote:

If I had a Mac, I could test it out.

now i don't know about you, but that sure sounds like you're interested... then, a few posts down you say
Quote:

When 3DGS for OS X comes out, I'll run out and buy one. Until then, it would just be a nice conversation piece!

now that doesn't sound like the same person who was so interested in a cross platform (mac/win) a few posts up...

now does it... maybe it's your comprehension thats needs a lil adjusting CB... i'm only reading exactly what you posted, trying to offer you some helpfull advice...

but hey...
Quote:

I appreciate your wise words.

if you think that a guy who thinks that a hand puppet is wiser than he is (by his own admission) is someone who you wanna follow... hey, go right ahead...

i'm on,ly trying to help you and point out your options... but i can't really do that if you are saying one thing one minute.... then something else the next...

and then when i point this out to you, you get offended... ok, i'm out of it...

let's let the other people who are genuinely interested in the topic lead this discussion...

--Mike

--Mike

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: CBuilder2] #36358
12/18/04 00:35
12/18/04 00:35
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Follow the words of someone wiser than I:

"There is no try; do or do not" -yoda

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: fastlane69] #36359
12/18/04 00:45
12/18/04 00:45
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
Quote:

Yoda is a hand puppet dear boy... it's no wonder you would think that he was wiser than you...

like i told you before, 'with every word you say... '

so go ahead, just keep talking... hahahahahahaa...

or we could spare the forum your juvenile antics and get back on topic...

--Mike

Re: GameStudio for Mac? [Re: Red Ocktober] #36360
12/18/04 00:55
12/18/04 00:55
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Quote:

Quote:

Yoda is a hand puppet dear boy... it's no wonder you would think that he was wiser than you...

like i told you before, 'with every word you say... '

so go ahead, just keep talking... hahahahahahaa...

or we could spare the forum your juvenile antics and get back on topic...

--Mike

Mike,

You are the one who is wasting everyone's time by attempting to divert from my challenge in my previous post. Simply put, you cannot back up your assertions because I never wrote anything to support them. That is it.

The lesson to be learned here is if you are going to twist what someone says, plan to be called on the carpet.

I plan to leave this matter right where it is. I clearly made my point. Now, I fell using any more time to pursue this matter is not worth the time.

CBuilder

Last edited by CBuilder2; 12/18/04 01:10.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de