by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dr_panther, Ayumi, 7th_zorro), 877 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space #422341
05/07/13 19:00
05/07/13 19:00
8 Images
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space

Become a part in the strangest war galaxies have seen!

It's an epic war between cats and aliens and their fight for... MICE!

WHAT??? Yeah, it's correct, they're fighting for mice.

One day aliens had stolen all mice from Earth and are using them for cruel experiments...
The cats cannot allow that cause the mice are their beloved prey animal number one and so it comes to a war in space between the fleets of the cats and aliens!

- help the cats rescuing the mice

- use many different ships like the...
... CATBOX-BOMBER which uses radioacitve kitty litter !
... SCOUT which shoots acid milk !
... FISHBONE which shoots with explosive... FISHBONES !
... BALL OF YARN to defense important areas !

- defend your base and destroy enemies base to win

- Voice-acting of true cats !!!

There still many things missing in the game like more cats and the alien characters,
but it should be enough for a first impression!

You can find a video and some other pictures here:
STEAM GREENLIGHT!

I hope you like it, stay tuned for some updates! wink
12 Comments
Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #422425
05/10/13 05:01
05/10/13 05:01
Alberta, Canada
Dveyee Offline
Dveyee  Offline

Alberta, Canada
Haha well I have to say I do like cats! Smooth looking interface and nice effects; great work so far! Best of luck as you continue to develop your game! laugh

Accelerated Game Creation Tutorial - Learn how to use 3D Gamestudio's WED with these exciting video tutorials!

Visit our website at http://www.accgames.com.
Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: Dveyee] #422442
05/10/13 08:37
05/10/13 08:37
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Thanks! And for all who don't have much money at the moment: you can get the full verison of the game for just 3€ !!! See the Indiegogo campaign for more details:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cats-vs-aliens-war-in-space/x/2795017

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #422511
05/11/13 20:58
05/11/13 20:58
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Now you can find the cats also at facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/catsvsaliens

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #424769
06/21/13 13:23
06/21/13 13:23
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Here you'll find a brand new trailer which shows more details about the different units in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzlOVIziNI&hd=1

Hope you like it!

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #428292
08/23/13 06:20
08/23/13 06:20
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #428447
08/27/13 15:15
08/27/13 15:15
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
grin

Someone made a 40 minutes gameplay video at youtube...
Really funny to see how he plays it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh9IUlT4ee4

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #428452
08/27/13 16:27
08/27/13 16:27
Germany
Schloder87 Offline
Schloder87  Offline

Germany
du hast ja jetzt schon mehr zusammen als insgesamt bei indiegogo, viel erfolg damit!!

Visit IGRAVISION at: http://www.igravision.com
Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: Schloder87] #428459
08/27/13 19:05
08/27/13 19:05
Germany
preacherX Offline OP
preacherX  Offline OP

Germany
Stimmt, aber trotzdem fehlt noch einiges bis zum Ziel....
Ich hoffe wirklich, dass es diesmal was wird, andernfalls muss ich mir vielleicht doch ein anderes Hobby suchen. wink

Re: Cats VS. Aliens: War in Space [Re: preacherX] #428460
08/27/13 20:48
08/27/13 20:48
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
No idea where to start, but I don't like the kickstarter nor the game, and I don't claim to think like the majority (yeah, I'm that big of a pretentious hipster), but maybe you can get some points out of it anyways...

First things first... Cats? Like, seriously? I mean, I get it, the internet is obsessed with cats and they are all cute and caturday and everything, but it kind of feels like you just took it over the top. The whole setting is extremely putting me off to say the least, to the point where I don't even want to check out the actual gameplay anymore. It feels like you aren't trying to get me as a customer (21 year old male), but my 48 year old half-aunt-thingy who is still single and obsessed with cats. I bet she would get a blast out of the game, if she would play games... Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with cats per se (except that I'm allergic against them). I grew up with them, I think they are cute, but it feels like you took a cool gimmick and tried to tailor a game around it no matter what.

Next up, the video on your kickstarter... A minute in, and I have no idea what the fuck is going on, except that there are cats, aliens and mice. I didn't watch it completely, but skipped to the text in the hopes I would get some answers there, and then I got flooded with lots of pictures. Don't get me wrong, you are skilled and can create good art (except that I can't see cats anymore, but meh), but I feel like you just tried really hard to throw everything at me at once. Also, demo now available. Great, but why can't you just tell me what you want money for?! I don't want to download something, I want a paragraph that just sums up the game.

And then there is the video where you talk to your cat... And again it feels like you are trying very very hard to stick to the setting just for the sake of it. Personally, I would've preferred if you had just sat down, explained the game, explain why you need the money, and most importantly, be a normal human being with whom I can empathize with (not saying that you are a strange freak, but the video makes you look like it).

Quote:
The game is about 40 % finished but for the rest we need your help! We want to ensure that you'll get a game with professionals graphics, sounds and music. But it's not a secret that this costs time and money.

THAT'S the stuff I want to to hear. Put the further up, explain the game, explain why it's awesome and why I want it, and once you got my attention, tell me that, by the way, you also need my money. I'm happy to pitch money into rapidly sinking ships, but someone needs to sell me the ship as the fucking Titanic first.

Don't get me wrong, I think you have a good game, the theme is not completely awful, but you just can't sell it. That's not bad, I can't do that either, and most people can't. You are a programmer, and that's good enough, but stick to your profession. If you can't sell your game, find someone who can, and get them on the boat. If that means you have to add another $1000 or so to the campaign, who gives a fuck?!
Seriously, do yourself a favour, find someone who can pitch shit, lure them on the sinking boat, and then make a band with them and play until your fingers are bleeding (or until the water is on chin level, to stick with the Titanic analogy). At the very least, look at other successful crowd funding campaign, read post mortems of failed campaigns, and then stitch everything you learned together and make a kicking campaign.

PS: Find someone to proof read your texts. At least the obvious grammar flaws should be removed, no offense.

Good luck, cat freak wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de