by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 911 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: Quad] #423784
06/05/13 14:09
06/05/13 14:09
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: WretchedSid] #424186
06/11/13 16:26
06/11/13 16:26
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
The situation is getting very alarming:
The police arrested lawyers:
http://erkansaka.net/archives/23464

Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: Pappenheimer] #427822
08/14/13 09:05
08/14/13 09:05
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
I hope things go better now in Turkey...
I wanted but forgot to mention that - sadly but not surprisingly - our loved great leader (prime minister) is beside the actual Turkish government and wishes them success for restoring order and continuing the work as before. basically the concept of the 2 governments is identical, and I would not be surpsired if something similar break out here in the future (but fortunately the situation is much softer here, I mean only rubber bullets can be used).

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: sivan] #427858
08/14/13 14:36
08/14/13 14:36
Canada
WretchedSid Offline OP
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline OP
Expert

Canada
I hate to be that guy, but non-lethal force doesn't mean anything... Here is what happened in Germany not so long ago:

Just a "harmless" water gun. Non lethal force used against peaceful protesters... Anyways, that guy lost his eyesight. And I can't imagine rubber bullets being much better.
Not saying that it is as bad as lethal force, but yeah, if shit goes down, I think it's safe to say to watch out for yourself.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: WretchedSid] #427862
08/14/13 15:00
08/14/13 15:00
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
from a close distance or when hitting soft parts of human body (e.g. eyes), rubber bullet can be very dangerous. a few years ago, when it was used here, caused numerous serious injuries, but of course only among the protesters standing calm out of the crazy hard core, who did not expected such an attack... that was the time of the previous (also loved and wise) government.

Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: sivan] #427867
08/14/13 18:16
08/14/13 18:16
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
Six people got killed(by the police) with that so-called non-lethal force. But situation here calmed down, i guess for good this time. But of course Gezi Park will be remembered and brought up in future similar situations.

Everyone saw just how full of BS all media agencies and all political parties are. People just hope their message is heard by all political and governmental bodies and hope that they will act accordingly in the future. At least they will keep in mind what happened when they are going to do something.

But of course things grown beyond sending a message, i just hope what was accomplished there will not be lost. What accomplished was that people from all ages, and very different world views stood together, side by side. People there stopped prejudging the others and probably for the first time saw that even with all their differences they are in fact in the same boat and they have to work together(Not just in Gezi Park but in every day of their life). And they did. They learned to accept people even if they do not approve their views or ways of life. Of course there are a lot of people who are not and won't be a part of that accomplishment or understand it,the people who were not there or the ones who believe every bs mass-media spoon feeds them.

And for the world media, they played their part for the most of it. But some of them, as you would expect, were BS again. It was completely unrelated to Arab Spring thing. We were not armed, we were not trying to destroy our country by splitting in to two large groups fighting each other. We did not even want to overthrow/replace government. As we seen during the period of the protests, current government is just as bad as any that can be put there. All political parties are full of BS. So what's going to change if you replace it. In a sense this is also valid for places having that "Arab Spring". Go through all that struggle to remove one tyrant king just put another one on the throne.

It was police against people - only police armed with their non-lethal force. As you might have seen government's police did not prevent anything. They just made things worse. And people did not want to fight with police, police brought fight and violence. When there was no police, protests were always begun and ended peacefully. It went on for so long even police started to question what they are doing. People just wanted to be heard. Nothing more.

Re: What's up with Quad? [Re: Quad] #427899
08/15/13 11:38
08/15/13 11:38
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
good to hear that no more danger, bad to hear that political parties are the same crap as here.
a bit offtopic, but the arab spring is also a strange phenomenon. a friend is posting about what is happening in Syria: no relation to liberty, just mercenaries paid by USA and probably Israel to overcome unfriendly regimes similarly to Lybia an Egypt, killing hundreds of civils without care who are rather beside their current government.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de