by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, 7th_zorro, AndrewAMD), 1,054 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rain ,fire & volcano effect #426717
07/27/13 20:24
07/27/13 20:24
Only in your imagination!
The_KING Offline OP
The_KING  Offline OP

Only in your imagination!
Hi, everyone

My question includes three points, two simple and one may seem weird:

- I have a strong will to know how to make rain & fire effect. I know it's very easy ,but I can't set the proper values ,especially for the fire effect. Also, I want the code for a rain effect (I did it but caused some lagging) that is the fastest and the most efficient

- The second point is as follows: I've a part of terrain that's supposed to be a volcano running. Actually, it's not running of course ,and I want to make it run or ,for another instance, I want a part of my terrain texture to move making some running river or volcano effect.

Thank you for reading

Last edited by The_KING; 07/27/13 20:25.
Re: Rain ,fire & volcano effect [Re: The_KING] #426730
07/28/13 09:16
07/28/13 09:16
Alberta, Canada
C
CanadianDavid Offline
CanadianDavid  Offline
C

Alberta, Canada
1. There is a lot of code on this forum for rain/fire/snow effects already. Do a forum search or Google Advanced search for the codes. The fastest method is to use particles as no collision detection is used. The slowest, but most realistic is to use entities which can be removed on impact with the environment.

2. Do you mean like the car demo on the download page? You can use a moving texture or use a regular texture and adjust it's position using u,v coordinate. I forget where that is in the manual. And I know someone on this forum will suggest you look at MystyMood's template so there's that resource as well.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de