Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Searchable Manual #426891
07/31/13 11:03
07/31/13 11:03
Bonn
Sundance Offline OP
User
Sundance  Offline OP
User

Bonn
Hiho.

There are some times when i need the syntax of a command or need to search something in the manual. Is there a manual in PDF or CHM format where we can search for specific words? This would really help. the online manual won't help in that case. Or did i miss something?

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: Sundance] #426894
07/31/13 11:06
07/31/13 11:06

A
acidburn
Unregistered
acidburn
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hiho.

There are some times when i need the syntax of a command or need to search something in the manual. Is there a manual in PDF or CHM format where we can search for specific words? This would really help. the online manual won't help in that case. Or did i miss something?

You can search the manual that you get by pressing the Help button in your Zorro window.

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: ] #426913
07/31/13 12:35
07/31/13 12:35
Bonn
Sundance Offline OP
User
Sundance  Offline OP
User

Bonn
*grumpf* Your kidding!?

will take look. :-)

PS: Okay i looked and saw that on my old VPS i already had opened the help and had typed something into the input field.
Man i'am getting old :-(

Pleas JCL delete that topic. What a shame...

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: Sundance] #426926
07/31/13 13:17
07/31/13 13:17

A
acidburn
Unregistered
acidburn
Unregistered
A

Nah, don't be embarrased, this stuff is complex. Trying to take care of all the details, sooner or later we all miss the most basic stuff in front of our eyes.

One other way to get more help is to type the function/variable in the editor (if you know it's name up front) and let the editor context help find and offer you more explanation. Most of the time it works well, although sometimes not so well. But, it's been very helpful to me during my first steps.

Also, it seems that documentation in PDF format is a frequently requested feature, I might give it a shot at creating such a PDF later today. I suppose with todays smartphones it's quite possible to browse Zorro documentation on the beach, if and when bikinis around finally become boring. grin

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: ] #426927
07/31/13 13:43
07/31/13 13:43
Bonn
Sundance Offline OP
User
Sundance  Offline OP
User

Bonn
Oh. Acid. Beach? Bikinis? What you are talking about blush
Bikinis boring? You must be there for ages...
Hope that someday i have the time to sit beside you and we both watch bikins and looking at our live accounts. Both making us smile grin

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: Sundance] #426962
07/31/13 17:55
07/31/13 17:55

A
acidburn
Unregistered
acidburn
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: acidburn
Also, it seems that documentation in PDF format is a frequently requested feature, I might give it a shot at creating such a PDF later today.

Or NOT... I give up. jcl certainly spent lots of time creating nice hyperlinks and graphs to make documentation useful, and I just couldn't find ONE bloody converter that could preserve all that usefulness, after installing and testing at least 6 of them! Either they have working hyperlinks, but do not preserve images or they have nicely embedded images and not a one working link. Seems like technology of converting chm's to pdf's is not yet mature in 21st century. Bummer!

I certainly haven't exhausted all existing converters, so if anybody has plenty of time, they could make another attempt. But, I just got bored... no pdf today, my love has gone away...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Oh. Acid. Beach? Bikinis? What you are talking about blush
Bikinis boring? You must be there for ages...
Hope that someday i have the time to sit beside you and we both watch bikins and looking at our live accounts. Both making us smile grin

Hey, that's a nice idea! I like the way you're thinking. grin

We'll use small screens (that's why the Zorro's window is small) and find beaches with chicks that wear small bikinis. Only our accounts will be big and fat. grin

Re: Searchable Manual [Re: ] #426980
07/31/13 20:08
07/31/13 20:08
Bonn
Sundance Offline OP
User
Sundance  Offline OP
User

Bonn
Yeah. The accounts should big weighted not the girls. Man what a dream. I see it clearly before my eyes...

Moderated by  Petra