by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 1,470 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A6 physics engine and Newton #39346
01/17/05 04:32
01/17/05 04:32
Atlantis Offline OP
Atlantis  Offline OP

I've been testing several engines and currently have A6 commercial and plan on upgrading to pro once I've completed my first level and like how it looks running 3DGS. I'm building my first level in several engines and then will decide from there. So far, I'm most impressed with A6.

I've been browsing thru the physics forums picking up tips and hints on getting started using the physics.

If A6 has it's own physics engine then why the Newton one http://physicsengine.com/ ? Or is the Newton one for people who have the commercial edition who want more than one object at a time? If I upgrade to Pro (I won't be upgrading just for the physics) the would I need the Newton?

Re: A6 physics engine and Newton [Re: Atlantis] #39347
01/17/05 05:55
01/17/05 05:55
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:

Or is the Newton one for people who have the commercial edition who want more than one object at a time?

Yeah, mostly. Commercial has the one physics object limit which newton does not...makes it an attractive solution for the Commerical Version user.

Quote:

If I upgrade to Pro (I won't be upgrading just for the physics) the would I need the Newton?

That's subjective. Feature wise, A6 can do everything Newton can and vice versa. However, some people say that Newton is more stable and that they like it better. I've personally not used Newton, but never ran into any problems with the A6 Physics Engines.

Thus, while it's not necessary to use Newton in Pro Version since they share teh same features, there is nothing stopping you from using it if you like Newton better.

Re: A6 physics engine and Newton [Re: fastlane69] #39348
01/18/05 12:32
01/18/05 12:32
Earth, for the moment
MASTERJUNOJET Offline
MASTERJUNOJET  Offline

Earth, for the moment
If your going for commercial sale of your products, (asssuming you have to pro version), then you should probably go for the physics engine in A6.

Projects: Jet Force Gemini 2

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de