by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,643 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Why i chose Amazon App store instead of Google Play #455207
10/13/15 10:14
10/13/15 10:14
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
i am almost at the final work for my first android game ,and i was looking at the publishing options i have for mobile app/game stores.

my 1st choice would have been the giant Google Play store , but i sadly learned that Google Play does not support my country and many others as a Google Merchant ,but apparently Google Play store does support my country for ad's , which is to say that , i as a citizen of my country are not allowed to sell my app/game on Google Play ,but only allowed to release my app/game on Google Play for free with the option of ad's.

i can not express my dissapointment with this enough , so i decided to take a look at Amazon , which turned out to support my country , although Amazon app store has a smaller amount of published apps/games , it offered free developer registration ,and the registering process was pretty easy and fast for me.

i am now a registered developer on Amazon App's store and able to release my app's / games at any time ,it also offers plugins for some game engines like unity ,to use add's or other services like leaderboards from gamecirlce etc.

i can also publish my pc games to Amazon , so this is a pretty nifty option .

on the other hand , i could make use of google play's large exposure for free games with adds in them to help revenue out a little bit.

i just cannot believe the Google Play Merchant support situation sucks so bad .

Compulsive compiler
Re: Why i chose Amazon App store instead of Google Play [Re: Wjbender] #455209
10/13/15 11:26
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
it is really sad that Cyberspace is not on the list laugh

I don't know how popular is Amazon store but probably you can get more attention in a smaller site without a big advertisement campaign...

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: Why i chose Amazon App store instead of Google Play [Re: Wjbender] #455210
Netherlands
Reconnoiter Offline
Serious User
Reconnoiter  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
That is some very interesting info about Amazon, tnx! When you publish a game on the amazon app, is it region bound (e.g. like amazon.de <-> amazon.uk) or can people from different regions buy/use it?

Re: Why i chose Amazon App store instead of Google Play [Re: Reconnoiter] #455212
10/13/15 12:58
10/13/15 12:58
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
sivan lol . but in all seriousness it sucks .

yes I assume the distribution regions follow the same principles for pc , with mobile you can pick your regions or just leave it at all regions , you can also change your price per region I think .

I do not want to give false information as I have not published yet , best to check it out , they do reach a lot of geographical regions though .

there is less competition as you said but most people do publish on multiple stores , so for example rovio and the guys of minecraft etc all are there too.

so I mean those guys still hold the battle line and well I haven't even thought about competition , just hoping to make some sales .

being able to publish pc games , awesome why not hey

Last edited by Wjbender; 10/13/15 13:08.

Compulsive compiler

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de