by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (degenerate_762), 1,098 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ZapFall went live on Amazon App store #455252
10/14/15 20:03
10/14/15 20:03
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
hi , i released my very first mobile game today .

i am excited because i learned how to get my game out there on the market , i know it is not all that but such is the case for my first android game .

i have learned so many things from this experience thus far .

there are many areas i wish to improve upon in my next game wich i have not done in zapfall, i am definitely switching to unity for my next game .

the framework i used does not have an active community , there are missing documentation on certain aspects i needed to know as well , and to code in two different languages were to be required if i were to code a launcher in java plus code the game in squirrel ,something i could not do ...anyway i am glad it's out there now so that i can move on .

the process involved in submitting the app on amazon was simple , however the review is not very fast ,but it is something i can live with ,however i thought if i changed the icon graphics displayed in amazon app store it would simply just update , the app is again going through a review process for the update made , this is a slow .

i charged 1 cent over the minimum allowed price ,just for the heck of it ,i do not really expect much sales from it ,or very good reviews but any way , i would like it if someone shares their opinions on the game .

ZapFall -Amazon App Store

Compulsive compiler
Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Wjbender] #455266
10/15/15 13:58
10/15/15 13:58
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace

Last edited by Wjbender; 10/16/15 16:46.

Compulsive compiler
Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Wjbender] #455423
10/19/15 16:43
10/19/15 16:43
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Well...
You want feedback, so feedback you'll get. I don't have an android phone so I am only commenting on the stuff I see.

It is "Fast-Paced" not "Fast Pased"
ZAP FALL, kinda reads like ZAP FAIL.
Your graphics are inconsistent: The clouds look like they have some depth, everything else doesn't. Also you mix no "pixels" (the icon thing) with big (the clouds) and medium (the player) sized ones. The lightning bolt at the bottom looks quite blurry. Also the colors don't fit together.
Your store page looks extremely uninspired. It needs a bit more content, maybe one or two more screenshots of your game and ideally a video. Your texts don't read well and the formatting is bad (randomly you use a period, sometimes with a space in front of it, some more random spaces). Starting your list entries and sentences with capital letters would look better.

Conclusion:
"CAN YOU MASTER THIS FUN LITTLE GAME?"
From what I see I really don't even want to try it.

Whats great though is that you finished something and managed to put it out there, which is more than most people accomplish.
Also I am sure any future games will get better, since you hopefully learned a lot laugh.

Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Slin] #455447
10/20/15 09:44
10/20/15 09:44
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Slin, I do not see it so critical. But the colors are not so harmonical. Maybe it is based on the idea of "AAAAAH!". Wjbender, it would be great if you could post a video of your gameplay, specially on amazon. Otherwise you will have massive problems with a price of 1$. But the principle of falling down, avoiding and catching some pixel blocks seems to be very funny. Hopefully the sound effects are outstanding. Waiting to see some video stuff. Regards.

Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: alpha_strike] #455473
10/20/15 22:56
10/20/15 22:56
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
1.the price has been set from 1 to free and back to 1 because I am testing out what i have read from amazon :that unlike google play the price can be altered from free to priced and back as you please..

2.those aren't screen shots , they were pieced together sprite by sprite and stretched to fit a certain size A: to see how the images gets resized on the page B: to see how they are grouped /layd out , unlike google play store the images are layd out differently and the sizes are more like thumbnails before clicked on ..

3. the colours are not the same on a mobile device as you see them on the images , a mobile device colours are different , on mine they are very vibrant and lets be honest a pc has the option of colour profiling which everyone is able to set differently .

4. this is my first ever game on a mobile platform , it isn't all that ,its very child like type of graphics and gameplay but , thats fine with me .

5. first off all , if you dont play mobile games and didn't get to play the game then your lecture on English grammar are off point and means absolutely zero to me , I am not english spoken as a first language , my grammar etc stems forth from my native language .

6. thank you , but I kinda threw away the privilege of others reviews , right after no response were recieved and I thought well reviews aren't needed anyway because I know its not fantastic .

Compulsive compiler
Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Wjbender] #455495
10/21/15 12:34
10/21/15 12:34
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Don´t know exactly what you mean, and yes, sorry for my bad english. In the past I was nearly to kill my english teacher. Some of those old witches who weren´t fucked the last years by their husbands. And then saw their profession in brainfucking pupils.
But a tip for you... go and post your work in the unity forum, specially in the android section. There are a lot of guys who are able to criticize your work in a maybe more useful way.

Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: alpha_strike] #455497
10/21/15 12:55
10/21/15 12:55
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
2. You should still show something that actually looks like your game then...
3. The idea is to make it look good on a well calibrated monitor because all the different displays try to be the same, so it should look good on most of them.
5. What does grammar have to do with me playing mobile games!? And yes I play and even make mobile games myself, but for iOS. Also if you want people to review your game after trying it you should either make it free or hand out some promo codes. It's okay if english is not your native language, neither is it mine, but the images and text is the first thing people see of your game and if those already suck as much as yours, nobody will download it even if it is for free. You could start by fixing the layout and have someone proof read it, even if it won't be perfect, it is easy to make it a lot better.

Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Slin] #455500
10/21/15 14:44
10/21/15 14:44
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
Originally Posted By: Slin
Well...
I don't have an android phone so I am only commenting on the stuff I see.

i was talking about this , you dont play android games and you havent played the game (which is what is to be commented on) , instead you decided to comment on my grammar and punctuation and spelling , which i kinda did not like since , it is the game i worked on , not the text and "screen shots" laugh

Conclusion:

that is fine it is your opinion, but you are basicly saying that you judge a game on the promotional content , which i personaly do not really agree with ,based on that i am sure i can find you thousands of mobile games and app's promoted on the stores with more eye catching promotional content but which is just trying to lure customers into something that is not worth shit . smirk

but it is good advice ,if i do plan on releasing something serious i will indeed follow your advise, i am not a digital artist although i do try , it is true that if you WANT to sell off the product ,to use descriptions and promotional content to the best of your abilities.

It is "Fast-Paced" not "Fast Pased"

correct , made a mistake laugh

ZAP FALL, kinda reads like ZAP FAIL.

i get what your saying , but it clearly is written on the page zap FALL not FAIL , it does not "kinda read like 'zap fail' " that is just you reading it and thinking of a funny rhyme to say , because slin kinda reads like sin and duck kinda reads like fuck , but the fact remains it is not written as ZAP FAIL.

Your graphics are inconsistent: The clouds look like they have some depth, everything else doesn't. Also you mix no "pixels" (the icon thing) with big (the clouds) and medium (the player) sized ones. The lightning bolt at the bottom looks quite blurry. Also the colors don't fit together.

i appreciate the comment , but then again i like how it looks and you dont , so i mean thats fine.

Your store page looks extremely uninspired. It needs a bit more content, maybe one or two more screenshots of your game and ideally a video.

that is true but i really were not even trying to show the game off ,because to me it was about being functional ,and when i started to publish it i saw i needed images and just threw them together to get the process done and see how amazon sizes and lay out promotional content, for future reference.

Your texts don't read well and the formatting is bad (randomly you use a period, sometimes with a space in front of it, some more random spaces). Starting your list entries and sentences with capital letters would look better.

i am not good at english or even writing anything , but it was required from me to enter something on a moments notice ,in to the text fields , so no i did not care how well it reads , as long as it was english , and frankly at the time was not to be very anal but just learn how to get a mobile game out there on the store , and if it would be correctly functional.

Conclusion:

that is fine but the point was not about what you see , but the game actually.

Compulsive compiler
Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: alpha_strike] #455501
10/21/15 14:51
10/21/15 14:51
cyberspace
W
Wjbender Offline OP
User
Wjbender  Offline OP
User
W

cyberspace
Originally Posted By: alpha_strike
Don´t know exactly what you mean, and yes, sorry for my bad english. In the past I was nearly to kill my english teacher. Some of those old witches who weren´t fucked the last years by their husbands. And then saw their profession in brainfucking pupils.

no was not replying to you about english .

Originally Posted By: alpha_strike

But a tip for you... go and post your work in the unity forum, specially in the android section. There are a lot of guys who are able to criticize your work in a maybe more useful way.

i will do just that as soon as i do a unity mobile game laugh

Compulsive compiler
Re: ZapFall went live on Amazon App store [Re: Wjbender] #455502
10/21/15 15:08
10/21/15 15:08
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de