by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,086 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Crash.... [Re: paulshort] #43566
04/11/05 11:04
04/11/05 11:04
MI
paulshort Offline OP
paulshort  Offline OP

MI
Nope that dident help. In the event manager it says there is a IPNATHLP error which seems like it is happening around the time of the crashes. What is this error, on MS's website they said it has something to do with a network or something...

Paul

Re: Crash.... [Re: paulshort] #43567
04/11/05 12:38
04/11/05 12:38
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
This would support the assumption that some driver, maybe a network driver, could be related to the problem. However without having access to that system this is just guessing.

If it only happens with a certain level, you could send that level to the support - in the unlikely event that the problem is not related to a fault of your PC, the support should be able to reproduce that problem. Otherwise I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for a quick fix of your problem.

Re: Crash.... [Re: jcl] #43568
04/11/05 20:02
04/11/05 20:02
MI
paulshort Offline OP
paulshort  Offline OP

MI
Ya guys I am sure its not a 3DGS problem like I originaly thought. My comp freezes up or shuts down whenever I do something that uses lots of resources like running 3dmark 05 or Doom 3. The only thing I could think of that would be causing this is my father taking out the memory sticks whenever he did not want me using it and they were taken out on multiple occasions and some damage possibly might have been done to them... other then that Im out of ideas and I cant call a manufacturer because I built it. Maybe I will take some memory out of my other comp and see if it works without the bad memory...

Re: Crash.... [Re: paulshort] #43569
04/13/05 11:45
04/13/05 11:45
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Resources - thanks for a clue. Try this:

1. Restart your computer
2. When Windows loads fully, click on start > run
3. Type "rsrcmtr.exe" (without the quotes) and okay it.
4. A new object should appear near your clock indicating your resource level. Double-click on it and note the numbers.

If you get an error saying that your computer cannot find "rsrcmtr.exe", you'll have to do this to install resource meter.

1. Insert your Windows CD.
2. Go to the control panel and double click "add/remove programs". Click on the Windows setup tab.
3. Scroll down to find "system tools" and click on the entry, not the check box.
4. Click on the details button.
5. Find "resource meter" in the list and put a check in the box.
6. Click okay on both windows and the program should install.
7. When installed, restart your computer again and when it restarts, follow steps 2 through 4 to take note of the resources.

Do note that this is the Windows 98 process. It may be slightly different with XP, ME, and other OS. If the resources, upon startup, are less than 40%, you'll have to close a lot of programs. If they are less than 50% upon startup, you might want to be more careful and close some programs. Above 60% and you should be okay. To help increase your resources available, you'll have to access msconfig and turn off startup programs. To do so, do this:

1. click on start > run
2. type "msconfig" without the quotes.
3. Click on the "startup" tab.
4. From here, it gets a bit tricky. Anything relating to Windows, antivirus, firewall, and spyware scanners (certain ones) should be left checked. Other things such as your printer (unless actively used), MSN Messenger (unless you actively use it), annoying registration reminders, etc. should be unchecked. You must leave "systray" and "explorer" checked. If you can, take a screenshot or copy and paste the text from the startup tab and I can help tell you which programs to leave checked and unchecked. In short, anything that you don't know what it is, leave it checked (or at the default, usually checked). Take note of the path for clues on what the program is.

Hopefully this'll help you. The more icons you have by your clock, the lower your resources tend to be upon startup. If possible, try to get no more than six icons in there. My resources at startup are 53%. I'm not sure what my resource hog is (either AVG or Spy Sweeper, unsure which). But, before running msconfig, I advise that you note your resources upon startup.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: Crash.... [Re: ulillillia] #43570
04/14/05 22:16
04/14/05 22:16
MI
paulshort Offline OP
paulshort  Offline OP

MI
Sorry ulillillia but I optimized my PC's resources a while ago and that is not the problem. Like I stated before I believe the problem is damage to my memory sticks...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de