by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (TipmyPip, AndrewAMD, Quad, aliswee, degenerate_762), 970 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Closure of Oanda demo #482591
03/03/21 15:00
03/03/21 15:00
Munich
K
kalmar Offline OP
kalmar  Offline OP
K

Munich
Hi all,

I received this today from Oanda:

"---------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I am contacting you today is that we pulled the latest demo API quote usage report and your account was in the list with one of the highest number of API calls. We made a business decision to terminate the demo account if the attached fxTrade demo API license agreement with the annual price of $3,000 is not signed by the end of this week.
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has someone else received this as well?

Thx

Re: Closure of Oanda demo [Re: kalmar] #482592
03/03/21 15:13
03/03/21 15:13
Chicago
AndrewAMD Online
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Online
Serious User

Chicago
Can you attach the license agreement?

You might need to stick with simulated trading on a real account. Or use MT4.

Re: Closure of Oanda demo [Re: kalmar] #482593
03/03/21 19:05
03/03/21 19:05
Munich
K
kalmar Offline OP
kalmar  Offline OP
K

Munich
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k7cSa4QY6Yc_4bdTwN-5629CNJGfnz0D/view?usp=sharing

They are saying about changing of business model. Whatever that means.

But as to me so far they have possibility to buy 1 lot of FX, that's fine to test with real money. But not index CFDs of course laugh

Re: Closure of Oanda demo [Re: kalmar] #482625
03/08/21 19:12
03/08/21 19:12
M
MMK Offline
MMK  Offline
M

Originally Posted by kalmar
Hi all,

I received this today from Oanda:

"---------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I am contacting you today is that we pulled the latest demo API quote usage report and your account was in the list with one of the highest number of API calls. We made a business decision to terminate the demo account if the attached fxTrade demo API license agreement with the annual price of $3,000 is not signed by the end of this week.
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has someone else received this as well?

Thx

I have received a similar email from a "Juan de Carmo":
Dear - XXX

Thank you for your interest in OANDA and for using the fxTrade practice API. The purpose of this version of the API is to allow traders to test their integration with our REST API, which will eventually be used via our production API service.

Your current use of our API is in line with commercial consumption of our data. If you would like to continue using OANDA data, we would be happy to have you do so via a market data agreement. Your usage to date means that if you do not have a market data agreement in place with OANDA in the next 30 days, we will remove your access to the API.

Please contact us within the next 30 days to discuss this in greater detail.
Best regards,

Juan De Carmo
Head of Sales - OANDA Solutions for Business

I had a strange feeling, because usually I do not get emails from any Head Ofs and the email address (firstname@oanda.com) had not the format that I am used to (firstname.lastname@company.com or similar) from conversations with big companies in my professional life.

Today I have received a new email with similar content, sent from Juan, but signed with "Artem Ukropov". Maybe they share the same email address? crazy
Dear - XXX

Unfortunately we have not received a reply to my previous message from you. As mentioned previously, your access will be cancelled in 21 days if no action is taken.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss.

Best regards,

Artem Ukropov

Juan De Carmo
Head of Sales - OANDA Solutions for Business

I have contacted api@oanda.com and frontdesk@oanda.com and asked for clarification but I have not received any feedback.

All I have done was runnig a system on a VPS via the API to test if I can make it work properly without error messages ( as I am new to Zorro) and to download some price data with the Download script for the same reason.
Maybe that was to much?

Last edited by MMK; 03/08/21 19:17.
Re: Closure of Oanda demo [Re: AndrewAMD] #482627
03/08/21 21:55
03/08/21 21:55
Chicago
AndrewAMD Online
Serious User
AndrewAMD  Online
Serious User

Chicago
My prior advice still stands. I really don't see any way around this if you are contacted by the head of sales. They are in the brokerage business and the market data business.
Originally Posted by AndrewAMD
You might need to stick with simulated trading on a real account. Or use MT4.

Re: Closure of Oanda demo [Re: kalmar] #482629
03/09/21 17:42
03/09/21 17:42
Germany
M
Morris Offline
Morris  Offline
M

Germany
For what it's worth, I received the same email from juan@oanda.com. However, I am a rather active live trader with Oanda -- and also relatively actively demo trading, to optimize things before switching them live. I replied to "Juan", but never heard back.

This, unfortunately, is another in a string of rather poor experiences with Oanda administration/customer service (among others, they seem to not be able to deal with Brexit implications, or to have been caught by surprise -- after just four years to prepare...).

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de