by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, 7th_zorro), 1,059 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Icons [Re: RJDL] #47702
09/23/05 11:42
09/23/05 11:42
Williamsburg, VA USA
draculaFactory Offline OP
User
draculaFactory  Offline OP
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Icons for some of the abilities in the game so far.

Icons here.

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.
Re: Icons [Re: draculaFactory] #47703
09/23/05 12:06
09/23/05 12:06
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
very nice done:)

www.earthcontrol.de
quoted: We want to maintain a clean, decent, American family suited forum look... which means you may post zombies or chainsaw massacres, but no erotic.
Re: Icons [Re: ello] #47704
09/24/05 04:44
09/24/05 04:44
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Ok. I need some help here. I have just about run out of ideas for skills. I'll list their names so far. I need at least 12 per skill group. So you can look to see how many I need before the group is full.

-Elemental-
Fire, Frost, Lightning, Resist Fire, Resist Frost, Resist Lightning, Clear Weather, Rain Cloud, Wind Storm (needs 3 skills)

-Combat-
Dagger Mastery, Sword Mastery, Blugeon Mastery, Axe Mastery, Staff Mastery, Spear Mastery, Blocking, Attack, Weapon Hurling (needs 3 skills)

-Arcane-
Mind's Eye, Light, Faith, Fetch, Black Rot, Dark Offering, Spellcraft, Runecraft (needs 4 skills)

-Survival-
First Aid, Traps, Herbalism, Tracking, Awareness (needs 7 skills)

-Artisanship-
Repair, Forge, Imbue, Metal Mastery (needs 8 skills)

-Alchemy-
Alchemy Mastery (needs 11 lol)

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.
Book [Re: draculaFactory] #47705
12/15/05 22:35
12/15/05 22:35
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
I made a new book model. It is animated to close and then fall sideways so that it lays flat when not opened. I made several page images for this model and I will be including it with a layered psp file with guides and the like so that someone could easily make new pages and include components such as dog ears by just making the layer visible and export the new skin.

Re: Icons [Re: draculaFactory] #47706
12/16/05 02:03
12/16/05 02:03
Toronto
MadMark Offline
User
MadMark  Offline
User

Toronto
Here are some ideas that I was going to use in a similar game that I started ages ago, but never got 'round to completing. Mainly because I'm more of a story/model/planner than I am a programmer, so far, anyway. Use 'em, lose 'em, or abuse 'em.

-Elemental-
Fire, Frost, Lightning, Resist Fire, Resist Frost, Resist Lightning, Clear Weather, Rain Cloud, Wind Storm (needs 3 skills)

Flesh to stone
· Melee attack
· Turns the creature to stone (paralysis) for x minutes.

Flood
· Causes a river to flow at your opponent.

Illusion
· Causes creature of your choice to appear and fight on your behalf, but does no real damage. (allows you to haul a$$ while the baddies fight a shadow)

-Combat-
Dagger Mastery, Sword Mastery, Blugeon Mastery, Axe Mastery, Staff Mastery, Spear Mastery, Blocking, Attack, Weapon Hurling (needs 3 skills)

IDEAS:
Subdual Mastery
· A normal weapon can be made to deal subdual damage

Disarm Skill
· In a melee attack, make opposed attack roll, +4 for each size difference to
larger weapon, +4 to defender if their weapon is two-handed.
· If defender loses, he is disarmed, if attacker loses, the defender may
attempt to disarm the attacker or attack with a bonus modifier.

Shield Mastery
· Use the shield as a battering weapon, or improve parrying.

Trip
· Can only try to trip an opponent who is up to one size larger than you.
· Make a melee attack.
· If attack succeeds (you hit him), make a Strength check versus opponent’s Strength and/or Dexterity.

-Arcane-
Mind's Eye, Light, Faith, Fetch, Black Rot, Dark Offering, Spellcraft, Runecraft (needs 4 skills)

IDEAS:
Turn Undead
· Range: 60 feet, line of sight
· Undead with 1/2 HP of player’s HP are destroyed.
· Undead with >1/2 <3/4 HP of player’s HP are turned.
· Undead with > 1/3 HP of player’s HP are unaffected.
· Turned undead flee for 1000 quants, if they can’t, they cower
· If player gets closer than 30 quants, turned undead will turn to dust.

Intimidate
· Range: 60 feet, line of sight.
· Affected NPC's are filled with fear.
· Flee for 1000 quants, if they can’t flee, they cower.
· If player gets closer than 30 quants, they BARGAIN/BEG.
Material Component: Gold shavings, a lions tooth, and an elk heart.

Antimagic
· Range: 60 feet, diameter.
· Summoned creatures vanish until field dispels.
· Constructs, elemental, undead, etc. still function, but lose supernatural
and magic capabilities.
Material Component: A piece of dark oak, broth of newt, and a snippet of lynx hair.

Black Lightning
Evocation (Death, Electricity, Evil)
· Range: Up to 25 feet
· Launches crackling black lightning at 1 creature, dealing 1-10 points of damage per 2 magic points. Half the damage is electricity, the rest is energy from the lower planes (evil creatures, creatures native to evil planes, and
creatures immune to death effects are not affected by the profane energy).
Material Component: A piece of humanoid scalp and a rod of black crystal.

Cold Blast
· Range: Up to 50 feet
· Launches a cone of icy cold, dealing 1-10 points of damage per 2 magic points used.
Material Component: A vial of water, an ice diamond, and a twist of lime on the rocks.

-Survival-
First Aid, Traps, Herbalism, Tracking, Awareness (needs 7 skills)

IDEAS:
Balance (Dex), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Search/forage (Int), Swim (Str), Hide (Dex)

-Artisanship-
Repair, Forge, Imbue, Metal Mastery (needs 8 skills)

IDEAS:
Woodworking, Leather Craft, Masonry (handy if you want fort/buidling construction)

Identify Magic (Wis)
· Identify properties of items that may or may not be magical.

Appraise (Int)
· Identify the value of items.

-Alchemy-
Alchemy Mastery (needs 11 lol)

IDEAS:
Cure Disease
· Of course, you would have to create diseases to cure them. LOL.
· Blindness
· Fever
· Demon fever
· Devil chills
· Mindfire
· Mummy rot
· Red ache
· Shakes

Summon Elemental (Earth, Air, Water, Fire), Summon Demon (Outer planes, Chasm, Gateway, Hell)

Create Potion (Healing, Charm, Strength, Berzerker, Youth, BoOzE!)

Botany (Identify flora, if you are going to use a "gather ingredients" strategy for Alchemy)

Biology (Identify fauna, if you are going to use a "gather ingredients" strategy for Alchemy)

Cheers!
Mark

People who live in glass houses shouldn't vacuum naked.
Re: Icons [Re: MadMark] #47707
12/17/05 01:00
12/17/05 01:00
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
Great! Took someone awhile though lol. I am currently working on my magic system that allows the player to create a huge amount of different magic spells by drawing different diagrams and designs on paper then "using" the paper. It is basically a panel with paper bg and a couple of other panels that display different diagrams depending on what choices that the player makes. Confirming the choices places the scroll in your inventory. This thumbnail is a result of an effect that creates a small fire in an area that lasts for a day.

Re: Icons [Re: draculaFactory] #47708
12/18/05 05:37
12/18/05 05:37
USA, Texas
kmangwing Offline
kmangwing  Offline

USA, Texas
your spell creation idea reminds me of the "combo mater" from Sacred. Its pretty cool. THe only thing is i would require that the player has to have a skill for spell creation. So, if he has a skill of say, 8, he can do 8 figure things, making the spell more complex and powerful. also, there needs to be a chance of fatal error. I mean, if theres a chance of making the spell wrong, then there needs to be a penalty if you do make it wrong. And there would be varying degrees of penalty.

Another spell thing i would add under arcane is the ability to create undead. You would have areas such as graveyards and crypts that the player could create an undead army that would follow him. There would be a limit depending on skill, and you would be able to rise corpses too. There also needs to be a chance that if your skill in it is too low, the zombies will attack you. In fact, the whole idea of a penalty on low levels and the possibility of messing up spells seems pretty cool too me.

(\__/) This bunny's dead (x.X ) (> < ) My aim is kmangwing
Re: Icons [Re: kmangwing] #47709
12/20/05 00:12
12/20/05 00:12
Toronto
MadMark Offline
User
MadMark  Offline
User

Toronto
Quote:

I mean, if theres a chance of making the spell wrong, then there needs to be a penalty if you do make it wrong. And there would be varying degrees of penalty.

I'd say that would be a good plan. Have the user move the mouse in the shape, kind of like Black & White, and if it isn't the correct shape, he becomes a toad or something...

Quote:

Another spell thing i would add under arcane is the ability to create undead. You would have areas such as graveyards and crypts that the player could create an undead army that would follow him. There would be a limit depending on skill, and you would be able to rise corpses too. There also needs to be a chance that if your skill in it is too low, the zombies will attack you. In fact, the whole idea of a penalty on low levels and the possibility of messing up spells seems pretty cool too me.

Good point. Technically, every spell should have a counter-spell. This in effect, doubles the number of spells in your game. So an evil character would study how to raise undead and summoning demons, a nice character would study turning undead and summoning elementals. This was the premise that I was working on before I gave up on it. 4 magic styles, 1 pure good based on water, 1 neutral good based on air, 1 neutral evil based on earth, 1 pure evil based on fire. Each would have counters to SOME of each of the other 3 groups. You could re-use the same shapes or symbols for each group. (A figure 8 for instance would cast spell 8 from each of the 4 groups, but would invoke a different spell depending on what art the spellcaster was committed to studying.

Mark

People who live in glass houses shouldn't vacuum naked.
Re: Icons [Re: MadMark] #47710
12/20/05 03:44
12/20/05 03:44
Williamsburg, VA USA
User
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
LOL. I have already thought of all of this. The old skill concept for magic is no longer being used, but I am using the skill concept for ACTUAL skills like alchemy.

I included the ideas about counter-spells already, they use a special diagram for negate that cancels everything out. And spells will backfire if you aren't good enough, spell creation isn't a skill really,it is affected by a few different skills. Using my example; the hand stands for creation and that is under the summoning skill, the circle stands for a radius and that is summoning as well, and the fire is under the elemental skill. With all of this there is a chance of failure depending on skill for each component, but you won't actually fail at creating the spell on the paper, you will fail when casting it and get fried. I'm also using focus and recharge for when you use them: focus being like magic-points that regenerate quickly and recharge being how quickly the spell can be used again, a cool-down period, and the recharge time being determined by the skills that influence each component. As a player, you won't need to know all of this, and you won't have any chance to know about it. I am trying really hard to make it non-technical so it doesn't scare people away.

Re: Icons [Re: draculaFactory] #47711
12/20/05 06:15
12/20/05 06:15
Austin, Texas
Josh_Arldt Offline
Senior Developer
Josh_Arldt  Offline
Senior Developer

Austin, Texas
Very nice job so far.

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de