by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, degenerate_762), 1,309 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Experiment 3DGS #52888
08/21/05 22:50
08/21/05 22:50
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
I am looking for 3 newbies. One modeler, one level designer, and one programmer for an experimental very simple project with 3DGS. Let me know if you are interested and why you should be on team (post here or PM me). It will be a great learning experience for you guaranteed. The three will get together and make a simple game of the team's choosing with minor guidance from some crusty old timers. The game will be up to the team, but it will be very simple in nature, which means, the crusty old timers will decide depending on the team if the team possibly could finish the game plan within the time limit, since the old timers have yet to meet a deadline that they thought they would.

You have one week from today to apply. The project, once started, has to be completed in three months.

This possibly could have been under Contest, but I think it belongs here. If you are new to 3DGS and want to get involved, this project might be a great opportunity to meet others at your level and actually create and finish something within a deadline, with some input from others who have been around a while.

That is the reason for this experiment, I am hoping that the participants will be the next generation of 3DGS gurus, faster than struggling through it all themselves and learning how to work together as a team. Possibly, after the experiment, staying together and actually making a more complex game.

There is no pay. Basically it's an experience, but the completed game belongs to the team that created it with no stipulations from me or others who gave advise to the team.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Locoweed] #52889
08/22/05 00:58
08/22/05 00:58
Iraq , Baghdad
Spider_Man Offline
Spider_Man  Offline

Iraq , Baghdad
I don't know how fastyou wish to work on this , or what kind of models you wish to make , but you can take me ..i'd like to go with the team.

regards

Spider_Man 3D Modeling, Website Services, my profile "osama Al Ani": www.vlprojects.com www.vlprojects.com/artwork
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Spider_Man] #52890
08/22/05 07:10
08/22/05 07:10
Deutschland, Koblenz
Zubera Offline
Zubera  Offline

Deutschland, Koblenz
The idea sounds realy good. I like to be the scripter in the team.

Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Zubera] #52891
08/22/05 17:55
08/22/05 17:55
FL streets :p
Gesus_K_ICY Offline
Gesus_K_ICY  Offline

FL streets :p
i could level design , would u prefer it in a drawing or a 3dgs file (this way would take longer for me to uplaod it to u (no one know i have the internet and i gota use my uncles pc))

Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Gesus_K_ICY] #52892
08/22/05 18:00
08/22/05 18:00
Jesusland
Towelie Offline
Serious User
Towelie  Offline
Serious User

Jesusland
I wish someone did this when I was a newbie Wait, I still am, can I join heehee... just messin. Good idea Loco, cant wait to see the results.

Jimmy died, today, he blew his brains out into the bay, in the state of mind, its my own private suicide. A stitch in time saves nine... what the hell does that mean?!?
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Locoweed] #52893
08/22/05 21:24
08/22/05 21:24
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
This sounds interesting Locoweed. I am tempted to jump in with both feet but am starting school full time + full time work. However if you are going to guide the product along with fellow crusties then it seems too good to pass up. I'd be interested in something like a 'level designer junior' - a sort of understudy- or some similar if it turns out that others have similar time limits. If a list of structures or plans for a level are drawn up then as time allows I could do some grunt work and build some houses or make terrains etc. I just don't want to be the 'main guy' in any category and not be able to deliver.

Otherwise I'll look forward to the next experiment as this sounds promising.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: bupaje] #52894
08/23/05 18:14
08/23/05 18:14
The Netherlands
scary_man Offline
Developer
scary_man  Offline
Developer

The Netherlands
@Towilie: me too

what type of game are you expecting to make?

-Jeroen

Modeller =D
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: scary_man] #52895
08/23/05 22:21
08/23/05 22:21
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
Thanks for the response all.

To those interested that have PM's me or posted I will be getting back with you shortly after the time limit for applying is up, or earlier if I have any questions for you.

@ scary_man, it will be up to the team to decide what kind of game they are going to make as long as it can be completed in a 3 month period. I put the 3 month time period for a quite a few reasons, the main one being, I would like to see the team start a project that they can actually accomplish as beginners with 3DGS.

What will happen here is, that every member of the team will be matched up with someone (or possibly a few people) who have experience in their department (modelling, level design, or programming) that will help them along with one-on-one help, as well as, pointing the team members to the correct tutorials/examples that will best help the team accomplish their game objective.

I don't want the team to think they won't have to do the work, because they will be the ones who create the game. They will just have access to advise and knowledge of the supporting cast of experts or intermediate users in their specialty and they will learn quite a lot about team dynamics too, which may be the most important lesson of them all.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Locoweed] #52896
08/24/05 02:27
08/24/05 02:27
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline OP
Expert
Locoweed  Offline OP
Expert
L

Oz
Ok, I am having to consider a few things here as manager of the team. I actually have some people who have been out of 3DGS for a while, but want to get back in the grove that want to be involved in this project. If I decide that is a good idea there would be the intermediate level members of the team. In any case, whether the intermediate level is in or not, I think there may be 2 people per position. 2 modelers, 2 level designers, and 2 scripters. Hmmm... I need to think on that more. The team does need to be as small as possible for this project.

@ Spider_Man, after reviewing the consistancy of your post on 3dgs and the interest you have, you are probably definately in as a modeler for the team, if that is the position you are interested in. PM me sometime.

I have a pretty good idea of the first positions as level designer and scripter to from the pm's and post here too.

I am probably going to have to apologize for using the term "newbie" so lightly. I do want new 3dgs members to be involved, but as the team manager I have to have something to go by to determine your actual interest in 3DGS. To determine the best combination of people to make up the team, I need to see what questions and data you have been trying to gather to improve yourself in your specialty. So unfornately, that will probably rule out those with only a few post.

Loco

Last edited by Locoweed; 08/24/05 03:23.

Professional A8.30
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Locoweed] #52897
08/24/05 18:01
08/24/05 18:01
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Hmm... sounds cool... if you guys actually complete the game I could TRY to find some time to make music for it... if you need music...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de