by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,119 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Paying scripting opportunity #59059
11/16/05 01:48
11/16/05 01:48
C
creature Offline OP
creature  Offline OP
C

Looking for a scripter preferably well know and reputable to write freelance scripts under direction for a mario type game, my scripting capabillities just arnt working well. So, here is the deal. The money will be payed in a one time deal, no royalties on publication and probably no credit in the game (should it be published). The script will be a basic script and I will specifiy all the things that need be written for it, and then I will request an estimation of price. If you are interested, please reply here or send a private message.

Re: Paying scripting opportunity [Re: creature] #59060
11/16/05 04:31
11/16/05 04:31
Marion,N.C. USA
Whisper Offline
Whisper  Offline

Marion,N.C. USA
what kind of coding,do you need? the more intense the better
i have no problems in any type of scripting but you get what you pay for, and i'm not cheap. six years with 3dgs..

regards
whisper

Re: Paying scripting opportunity [Re: Whisper] #59061
11/16/05 05:57
11/16/05 05:57
Albury, Australia
James_Burke Offline
Serious User
James_Burke  Offline
Serious User

Albury, Australia
www.jabigp.com (for some basic examples of how the scripts are set out) and if you are interested you can email: services@jabigp.com or contact@jabigp.com

Re: Paying scripting opportunity [Re: James_Burke] #59062
11/16/05 08:11
11/16/05 08:11
C
creature Offline OP
creature  Offline OP
C

I sent this message to all those who PMed me, figure to be fair ill post it here too, reply to me with a PM:

Sense I have more than one offer, I'll let you all know what I want and you can come back to me with a price estimate, the most competitive estimate will take the job away, provided he has no hitches (you all have impressive portfoilios/reputations from my initial research). Here is what I need; A mario-esque script for a player with the following capabilies;

- W key to move forward, S key to move backwards smoothly, the animation is called "run" has four frames, and cyclable. Speeds wont matter, by scripting abilities should allow me to alter them relatively easily.

- A,D key to pan left and right respectively, once again speeds shouldnt matter.

- The left shift key (or both) sends the character into a "slide", the slide animation is called "slide" consists of four frames, and is NOT cycleable. The animation has the character model appear to fall stationary into the slide, however as long as the character is moving it appears natural, no adjustment of Z values is needed. The slide must start fast and steadily decrease due to faked friction (unrelated to the ground surface, once again speed of decelleration i can alter myself). The character must be moving forwards to slide. During the slide, W and S should control to a certain degree the speed at which the slide goes (the player can make his slide decellerate less quickly while holding W, while increase the deceleration by holding s). Panning should still be possible but related to speed, the faster the speed the quicker the pan, this would mean towards the end of the slide the player could barely rotate. At the end of the slide, an animation called "come_up" shows the player flip back into an upright position, it has four frames and is not cyclic.

- The space key sends the character into a jump related to the direction he is traveling in, a forward jump, and a backwards jump. The jump animation is called "run_jump" consists of four frames, and is not cycleable (shows the player projecting himself off the ground). The animation should play and then stay on the final frame which has the character holding a jump pattern. The jump should project the player and then the value being moved on the z axis should reach 0 so my gravity script can bring the player too the ground. As with the slide, W and S keys should control the jump slightly, and panning can remain constant.

- During the peak of the jump, the player can press space again to put a little boost into his jump, the animation is called "boost_jump" has four frames and it shows the player flapping his wings to gain momentum and is cyclic, the player can boost jump only once during each jump and a variable called "special_used" may be used for this, where 1 means the character has already boost jumped.

- During anytime in the jump the player can press shift to drop quickly to the ground, the animation to reach the "bomb" position is called "bomb" and consists of four frames, the player slams down hard this could be done with an increase to gravity (gravity defined by a var called gravity in case you need it) or, a negative Z value. When the player hits the ground he goes back into running/walking mode.

Thats about it, a few vars you may use;
special_used = 0/1
player.ground_dist <- distance to ground using c_trace
gravity <- gravity var
player_dist[3] <- x/y/z value that can be used for moving, up to you if you want to make a new car doesnt bother me.

Thanks for your help, and tell me if this work is withen your skill ability and if so, quote a price, thank you.

Walker Williams
Liberatas Design Media

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de