by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (M_D), 1,430 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60255
12/18/05 13:10
12/18/05 13:10
New York
PrenceOfDarkness Offline OP
Serious User
PrenceOfDarkness  Offline OP
Serious User

New York
Oh and I almost forgot, I guess I could release a small demo once I get some more coding done, mabe that'll bring people around

"There is no problem that can't be solved with time and determination." -me
prenceofdarkness for instant messages on AIM.

Looking for a model designer
PLEASE, SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60256
12/18/05 13:11
12/18/05 13:11
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
Well as i am part of this team (concept and web design) i would glady like to comment on this.

From the first day/night that i begun working with Prence we have done nothing (apart from our social and personel buisness) but work on this first project every single day, we are always in contact with each other and always have something new to present or contribute to the game or project as you may call it.

I would also like to say that Prence is a great person to work with and to also have a good conversation with on our breaks.

I can pretty much give you my word as a human being that this project will be completed and can hopefully become successful at least in the 3dgs forums.

So i would like to say to every modeler or level designer out there that are looking to be in a hard working, co-operative and above all things fun team that this would be a great opportunity

Silent_Assassin

Last edited by Silent_Assassin; 12/18/05 13:23.

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: Silent_Assassin] #60257
12/18/05 13:29
12/18/05 13:29
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
After analyzing, Silent_Assassin comment, I have only have one other addition I'd like to make to his statement:

Quote:

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60258
01/09/06 07:36
01/09/06 07:36
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
just to let everyone know we are still looking for team members. I've been working on a design document for people who are interested to look at. Send me a private message if you are.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60259
01/18/06 07:07
01/18/06 07:07
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
to update this post i'd like to inform everyone I have finally found a model and level designer. However we still are searching for level designers or model designers who are interested in order to speed things up a bit.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60260
01/20/06 05:50
01/20/06 05:50
S
sempronius Offline
sempronius  Offline
S

I know you are working on a design doc, but, any follow-up or some more details on your project and team members?

just curious

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: sempronius] #60261
01/24/06 04:32
01/24/06 04:32
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
Well, we've desided to go ahead and make a multiplayer tutorial. The reason for tihs is we believe it will be great experience for the team and will be highly benificial for the community.

In the tutorial we will be making a paintball game (return the flag style). The tutorial will teach new comers to multiplayer, how it works, and how to make the multiplayer syntax work for them. Included will be a varioty of new things like handling inventory systems, and stores where you can buy and sell different things.

We might or might not include a small multiplayer AI (mabe some guards you can hire to help guard the flag). The player will also be given the choice of 3 different characters to choose from, each with it's own strenghts and weaknesses. Also the standard rules of the game can be manipulated through an option menu at the start of the game. Not to mention we'll also have a few different mods to choose from.

This might sound like a very complex project, however it's simple enough to set our focus on a realistic goal. If we can achieve this it will be a great boost to both our team's confidenec level and the over all knowledge of this community.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: PrenceOfDarkness] #60262
01/24/06 15:21
01/24/06 15:21
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

So you've cancelled the game development team and gone with a tutorial development team?

Or what IS the overall goal of the team?

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: laethyn] #60263
01/24/06 23:49
01/24/06 23:49
S
sempronius Offline
sempronius  Offline
S

I think the goal of the team is to create a multiplayer paintball game plus a tutorial on how to re-create that game.

very ambitious project, but, for everyone who is interested in developing a multiplayer game... it's an opportunity to get invloved and see that this project is completed.

Re: Looking for a free team to kick things off wit [Re: sempronius] #60264
01/27/06 00:09
01/27/06 00:09
New York
Serious User
Serious User

New York
altough it's ambitious it's not that difficult, it'd be a bit more simple compaired to a MMORPG don't you guys think? We haven't cancel our other project, that one is just on hold for now, and we wont forget it because that's what we really want to do. The tutorial was just a way for us to try and help the community out, it wont be a waste of time cuz we will copy the code in to our other game. But for now, yes we're going to be developing a paintball game, followed up by a tutorial on how to recreate it. It's going pretty well, I've combined alot of things I've learned about multiplayer from locoweed and some other sources all over. Of course i've changed the code as much as possible to make it my own, and to fit well into the type of game we'll be making...

We could really use some help, models and small levels would be nice since we want to give the player a choice of where to play and what to use. We could also use some graphic artist because if we can't find one then the community will be stuck with an 8bit color image made in paint for the User Interface stuff, and people might think the tutorial sucks because of it.

Even if you don't wish to commit long term, any art work (or general work) would by great for both my team, and the entire communite once this tutorial is out.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de