by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Cheerleader Model #63417
02/08/06 18:27
02/08/06 18:27

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi, I was testing out Blender for modelling with 3DGS instead of MED since ventilator made the export script for it. Click here to download the cheerleader model I made with Blender, animate it at about 11 fps: it has 40 animations frames and the advantages with Blender over MED I found were: 6 different types of UV mapping (spherical, cubic, window, etc.), dynamic zoom/pan on the uv texture, size/rotate/move UVs with keyboard shortcuts much faster and more accurately, create groups of selected vertices, blend vertex animations, create faces/vertices, 64 undo levels, more accurate rotation/movement/size changes, ability to reduce or increase polygon count automatically (decimate/subsurf), and plenty of other features! I purposely made this model with very few polygons to enhance the animation smoothness.

and I did model the body structure from primitives. But I spent about 6 hours making this.

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: ] #63418
02/08/06 22:21
02/08/06 22:21
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Is this a joke? why would you post this hideous pic.. that's among the ugliest things I've ever seen...the rainbown gradation is icing on the cake.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #63419
02/08/06 22:26
02/08/06 22:26
Portugal - Brazil
XNASorcerer Offline
Expert
XNASorcerer  Offline
Expert

Portugal - Brazil

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: ] #63420
02/08/06 22:45
02/08/06 22:45
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Wing,

Did you say the Cheerleader fell into a Blender.

Ken

Last edited by Nardulus; 02/08/06 22:46.
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Nardulus] #63421
02/08/06 23:10
02/08/06 23:10
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
Professional. Looking good. Best work I have ever seen.

Wing. On a side note maybe you should buy a modeling tutor and spend 6 hours on how improve instead of wasting 6 hours for this?

You would have known people are going to say what they are saying. I can say one thing I hate to meet this cheerleader on a blind date.

-Paul.

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: light_mystic] #63422
02/08/06 23:38
02/08/06 23:38
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

If it's the first time using Blender, it's really not THAT bad. Sure, it's ugly, but for 6 hours of messing around with a program for the first time...

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: laethyn] #63423
02/09/06 00:10
02/09/06 00:10
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

why are the 6 hours wasted if he made this model to find out what advantages blender has over med? ...buying a modeling tutor!? <edit>ah! you sell tutorials. nice marketing...</edit>

@wing: don't let yourself get discouraged. did you only use vertex animation? i don't even know how this works in blender. have you tried to use bones already? with them animation is much easier once the model is rigged. you can also use a lot more polygons (for example to define the face a bit better) nowadays even if your target are quite old computers. better don't use automatic mesh reduction since it messes up the topology.

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: ventilator] #63424
02/09/06 00:29
02/09/06 00:29
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
I agree with ventilator. She is an ugly sucker but for a first time using blender its not that bad ... The skin could use alot of work.

but i coulda told ya blender has way more advantages over med from the start

Just keep at it youll get better and I know its nice to hear encouraging words from others about your work but take it from me. They dont mean a thing.
Its all what you think of it and if you think your progressing.

Take a look back at some of my older post and my first models and how i gradually came along I dont care what anyone says I know im getting better and for the time ive acctually put in to it im very proud of myself

So keep sharing your models Sumone may find a use for it ya never know and cant no one complain about the price

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: ventilator] #63425
02/09/06 00:41
02/09/06 00:41

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks ventilator,
I did use vertex animation and that was my goal: to see how the animation would work and that's why it has 40 animation frames, I wasn't trying to make it look extremely realistic, but now I can have a group of them without a big drop in the framerate since it is so low in the polygon count. And I didn't have to export and append every frame, just export the model animation directly.

Thanks FeiHongJr.

I will remember not to waste your guys' time light_mystic, Matt_Aufderheide and Nardulus in the future, and just put my models in my games for the 35 people/day who go to my website instead of posting them on this forum. And following your guys' examples, maybe I should start learning how to market and sell stuff too?

Well if I'm making such an atrocious thing in 6 hours, I guess I should be making at least 1 high quality model a day which means at least hundreds if I've just been making games for a couple years. Let me jump over to Matt_Aufderheide's Sphere 3DGS plugin site and get some inspiration.......looks like soft shadows and reflections, nice. Light_mystic's site.......hmmm it costs hundreds of dollars for tutorials, levels and models but very nice animated web buttons. Nardulus'.....Wow, now here's some nice screenshots it looks this big gaming company can make some models, is there hundreds of them? Only the people who buy those games would know....Those Disney Print Studio games really look like they might be good.... But I'm sure all my games are trash or in the negatives compared to those right since they probably fell in a Blender like that 40 frames of animation judging by how much work each person can do.

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: light_mystic] #63426
02/09/06 01:22
02/09/06 01:22
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Quote:

You would have known people are going to say what they are saying. I can say one thing I hate to meet this cheerleader on a blind date.

-Paul.

Paul,

Perhaps, you would like to meet the girl in the yellow one piece below instead?

CBuilder

Last edited by CBuilder2; 02/09/06 01:25.

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de