by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: draculaFactory] #63437
02/09/06 06:39
02/09/06 06:39
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Quote:

I will be having nightmares about the ghoul Cheerleader.

LMAO that was hillarious im still laughing.

Wing keep at it. I wouldnt worry as long as your having fun doing it theres no harm

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Nadester] #63438
02/09/06 06:43
02/09/06 06:43
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Quote:

Yeah, this isn't showcase guys, shut your mouths if you're not going to be constructive.

(Pointed at no particular individual, but you should know who you are if you said something offensive). Take this as a warning, we don't tolerate offensive comments/bashing of other forum members. Getting out of hand like this gives the forum as a whole and Conitec a bad image.

What sould we do, it is Simply bad, and theres no point of hiding it. Should we all lie and tell him that this is the best model we've ever seen? or tell the truth?
Most have decided for the truth, and the truth is simply and plain:
It's the ugliest thing i've ever seen and i have blocked the picture in prevenition to Eye Cancer.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: draculaFactory] #63439
02/09/06 06:45
02/09/06 06:45
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

Quote:

That whole "constructive criticism" business is not always constructive. Sometimes something bad is bad.. simple. Anyone who posts a pic like this should simply give up trying to make artwork

You are certainly right. The alternative to constructive criticism is destructive criticism. Which gets people no where, except in a whole heaping pile of mess and needless nasty discussions.

As far as giving up, that's why we practice. That's what learning is all about. When you were learning to type, I'm sure you didn't jump right in at 70 wpm. Perhaps you should have given up? It's about learning, practice, and improving.

You don't get anywhere if you try something once and give up when it doesn't work out.

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: laethyn] #63440
02/09/06 07:30
02/09/06 07:30
California
Daedelus Offline
Senior Developer
Daedelus  Offline
Senior Developer

California

Brilliant! This would make a hell of a Valentine's day card. Turns on printer..

Is the model "good"? No, but thats ok.
I do agree with Laethyn, keep practicing and just have some fun.
Maybe as you progress, you could post your pics in Morbius so the resident modellers here can offer some advice to help you improve a little.
Don't quit- You might be dangerous when your modelling skill catches up with some of your scripting.

Formula Games - A place to buy and sell Indie games.
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Daedelus] #63441
02/09/06 13:28
02/09/06 13:28
South Africa
capanno Offline
Serious User
capanno  Offline
Serious User

South Africa
All these guys can have a nice cup of STFU. Keep moddeling WING. Practice and you'll get better.

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: capanno] #63442
02/09/06 15:05
02/09/06 15:05
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
For those who REALLY don't know what to do when a model is bad,

1. Post nothing and move on - I know it's hard for the immature to pass up an opportunity to pick on other's work, but try and restrain yourselves. If you think publishers and people from other game engines don't see how you're acting, you're going to wonder someday why noone will take a chance with you.

2. Indeed say you don't like the model if you don't, and then say WHY. - Anything more is unenecessary and childish.

Quote:

That whole "constructive criticism" business is not always constructive. Sometimes something bad is bad.. simple. Anyone who posts a pic like this should simply give up trying to make artwork. Not everyone has an aesthetic sense or artistic aptitude. Maybe they shouldn't waste their time.

Oh yea, You'll make a great father someday when you see what kids bring home. If you can't post constuctive criticism, don't. In fact, if you can't, that means you don't have the necessary skills to judge others work if you don't even know how to do a better job at it!

How the heck can you see a persons first try at something, and judge their entire atistic future on that? You can't. And we all know human models are about the hardest of all.

It's like listening to a bunch of children saying 'What did we do wrong?' If you don't know why you replies are unacceptable and childish, then you shouldn't be replying to posts in the first place.

You look dumb enough making such comments, but look twice as stupid when you got to ask why!

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: capanno] #63443
02/09/06 15:32
02/09/06 15:32
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Don't know wether it is said before:

To be at the save side to get the right proportions, place a texture background of a front view of a cheerleader of a well chosen picture, before you start modelling.

To be at the safe side of skinning, take a only frontview of the face for the skin, all others are not worth the effort.

Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: ] #63444
02/09/06 15:50
02/09/06 15:50
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Quote:

...and just put my models in my games for the 35 people/day who go to my website.

Don't feel discouraged. You might know more about Blender than I know. But your website statistic does not mean that there are 35 people visiting your page. Almost every private website has about 30 visitors a day. That are probably only a few web bots from search engines and spammers that try to collect infos like weblinks or email addresses.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Machinery_Frank] #63445
02/09/06 17:37
02/09/06 17:37
San Diego, CA
DCorwin Offline
DCorwin  Offline

San Diego, CA
Look at the fervor of responses this has generated. That's his genius, like a true artist that outrages and shocks, he's famous now. Move over Andy Warhol.

Dave C. Polcino Digital Complete http://www.digitalcomplete.com dave@digitalcomplete.com -------------------
Re: Cheerleader Model [Re: Machinery_Frank] #63446
02/09/06 17:39
02/09/06 17:39
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan

Damn, I was expecting to see something sexy.

It looks funny, like one of those puppets from Spitting Image.

I don't think it was really something you wanted to post as an example of how well you can model in Blender, though. Post someone elses model!

BTW, it takes me about 40 hours to make even a non-organic model. That you could make any sort of animated character model in six hours is pretty good. That aside, thank for telling us about Blender. Since Ventilator has made an exporter for it, it is time to take another look.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de