Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 20:05
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 1,285 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
"In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/news #64819
02/22/06 13:55
02/22/06 13:55
South Africa
capanno Offline OP
Serious User
capanno  Offline OP
Serious User

South Africa
Just over a month now, Ive been working full time on a game. The game is about creation, hence, In the beginning.

The game is split up into the 6 days of creation. Each 'day' having activities based on the events of that day. Im am finished, technically, with the interface, and day 1s activities. This first part took a long time, since I had to code the base which all activities will be based on. Like handling transitions between activities etc.

The characters in the game, is that of my parents's childrens ministery they have had for the past 20 years. In the game, the player joins them on a journey back in time. You follow them as they fly in their 'spacehip'.

The characters stil need to be incorporated into the game, and I hope to have them walking around and talking to the kids very soon. The game is for kids aged 6 to +- 10.
Making a kids game is difficult, but I plan to test it with kids as soon as I have somehting presentable.

This is the main startup screen. Its not entirely finished. Im still trying to figure out a way to let the kids navigate visually, instead of having to read.

Here, the player enters her name, or selects it from the list if it was entered on a previous occation.

This is the menu where you go to a specific 'day'. Oh, and the gecko on the screens is a gecko I made, and he is running around the screen when you are viewing the main menu and day menu.

When you point over a button, it displays where it will take you.

This is the menu for day 1s activities. At the moment the 4, um, 'official' activities are in place. More will be added if I get some more. When you point over a button, it displays what activity you will play bottom-right.

Paint. You can mix colors, change brush and load diffrent pics to color in, with the buttons in the controll panel, and the arrows on the edges respectively.

The one Im the most proud of! the most complex piece of code ive written. The picture at the top is the reference. The code knows when the shape is finished, and loads the next one, or do whatever I will add later on. Defining a shape is as easy as setting some vars and changing some panel properties. Ok, yeah, lots of vars and properties. At the moment the shapes are limited to 20 blocks, but can easily be configured to use as many blocks as neccecary. Hundreds if I need to.

This is the game you will play when you are 'flying' to the next day. You have to collect 5 stars to continue. If you hit a rock, the ship shakes and you loose all the stars you picked up. Yes, I got pwnd when I took that screen! bleh.

There will be lots of interaction before, during and after activities when I finish the characters, constantly giving feedback and help to the player.

Would love comments. Good or bad.

Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/news [Re: capanno] #64820
02/22/06 14:10
02/22/06 14:10
New York
dennisb Offline
dennisb  Offline

New York
I think you have a great style for kids games. I think the kids will really enjoy this. Keep up the good work!

Dennis Borruso Visit My Online Store http://www.cafepress.com/3dfrog
Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: dennisb] #64821
02/22/06 18:42
02/22/06 18:42
Budapest, Hungary
DEX Offline
Serious User
DEX  Offline
Serious User

Budapest, Hungary
Yes I like your syle too. I made and published more than 30 edu games, so I can definitly help you to publish it when you finish it.
Keep up a good work

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: DEX] #64822
05/17/06 12:35
05/17/06 12:35
South Africa
capanno Offline OP
Serious User
capanno  Offline OP
Serious User

South Africa
Small update!

3 new activities added. The graphics have not yet been finalized, especially in the firts 2. Its just the framework laid down.

Drop 'drops' in the flashing bucket!

Some maths with waterdrops

Find the missing part of the snowflake.

C&C?

Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: capanno] #64823
05/17/06 12:57
05/17/06 12:57
Germany: Hamburg
Gurke Offline
Developer
Gurke  Offline
Developer

Very well done!
My sister (mother of two kids) asked me a while back to make a game for her kids and to be honest I sucked at it!
Games for children have to be much more creative than every other kind of game.
Childrens can get bored realy fast so a game that aims on kids (like a learning game) has to contain lots of possibilities .
When I was younger (6-9 years) we hadn`t something like a computer but I know that I always hated stuff with slogans like "for children" or "educational" on it because I always got bored by these stuff.
So I`m pretty impressed by what you have already achieved!

~Gurke

http:\\www.cybergurke.de.vu letztes Update: 02.08.2006 ---------------------------- Aktuelle Projekte: -P.I. Storys
Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: Gurke] #64824
05/17/06 13:06
05/17/06 13:06
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Funny that the south africa language looks so much like dutch
Looks like a great game for kiddies, really good art style, wonderfull job

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: Joozey] #64825
05/17/06 13:27
05/17/06 13:27
Gurke Offline
Developer
Gurke  Offline
Developer

Maybe its Afrikaans or what its called.. Thats this dutch/afrikan language mix!
well.. and he/she is from SOUTH africa and if I remember correct afrikaans is the most spoken language down there.
It has something to do with the time of colonization.
But I`m sure he can explain it better than me^^!

~Gurke

http:\\www.cybergurke.de.vu letztes Update: 02.08.2006 ---------------------------- Aktuelle Projekte: -P.I. Storys
Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: Gurke] #64826
05/18/06 06:37
05/18/06 06:37
Nokia
Sunangel Offline
Sunangel  Offline

Nokia
Argh, the screenshots looking so sweet

Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: Sunangel] #64827
05/18/06 06:56
05/18/06 06:56
South Africa
capanno Offline OP
Serious User
capanno  Offline OP
Serious User

South Africa
Hi!

Thanks for the comments!

About the language, Afrikaans developed on its own here after Jan van Riebeeck set foot in Cape Town in the mid 1600s. (Damn I dont even know the dates). The So yeah its a version of dutch, although sometimes the same sentence can sound nothing alike. The most spoken language here is definitely english, and its also the official language. Then we have a couple of native languages like Zulu, Xosa, Sotho, Tswana etc. Im not sure where afrikaans is in the list. Wikipedia will have more info than me. (Need to refresh my knowledge a bit)

Re: "In die begin" - In the beginning, screens/new [Re: capanno] #64828
05/18/06 17:14
05/18/06 17:14
Gurke Offline
Developer
Gurke  Offline
Developer

Hehe.. so at least I wasn`t that wrong about the language ^^' !
I would be realy interrested to know whether you have already tried your game on children (you said something like this in your first post) and which results you got.

~Gurke

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de