Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, henrybane, AndrewAMD), 1,343 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Improvements for Combination of Bone Animations #65916
03/09/06 14:21
03/09/06 14:21
Germany
T
Thomas_Nitschke Offline OP
Senior Developer
Thomas_Nitschke  Offline OP
Senior Developer
T

Germany
Hi Conitec and all the others.
I was just wondering whether, in future version of A6, we could probably have the possibility to have certain bones of a sequence "ignored"? Let me give you an example:
Image you want to combine a run-animation with a shoot-animation. You'd have to do three animations, "Normal Torso Movement", "Normal Legs Movement" and "Torso Movement While Shooting". Because, at least that's how I understand it, the "Torso Movement While Shooting" animation can be combined with the "Normal Legs Movement" animation because in the latter, the torso is not animated. But, assumed you had only a "Normal Run (Legs+Torso)" and a "Torso Movement While Shooting (Torso only)" animation - blending them wouldn't look that neat since the torso would have to be animated literally twice, once by the "Normal Run (Legs+Torso)" animation and once again by the "Torso Movement While Shooting" animation. Thus, what would be needed here is the possibility to ignore certain bones inside a sequence. In pseudo-code, I could think of something like this:
Code:

handle1 = startAnimation("torsoAndLegs_run");
if( userPressedFiringKey )
handle2 = startAnimation("torsoOnly_fire");
disableBone(handle1,"R_Arm");
disableBone(handle1,"L_Arm");
//etc.

I hope I managed to make clear what I mean
If I didn't, or if I missed something that can be used to achieve the very same effect and that's already implemented, please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

Formerly known as The Matrix - ICQ 170408644 I've been here for much longer than most people think. So where's my "Expert" status?
Re: Improvements for Combination of Bone Animation [Re: Thomas_Nitschke] #65917
03/10/06 10:04
03/10/06 10:04
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
I think a better solution here would be to do different torso animations in MED. Why complicated scripting when you can achieve the same without scripting?

Re: Improvements for Combination of Bone Animation [Re: jcl] #65918
03/10/06 18:51
03/10/06 18:51
Germany
T
Thomas_Nitschke Offline OP
Senior Developer
Thomas_Nitschke  Offline OP
Senior Developer
T

Germany
Hi jcl, thanks for answering.
The problem would be that you'd have to do the animations of the character's legs seperately as well - which can be quite a difficult task. With the method I suggested, you could simply create a run animation, and a firing animation and then simply blend them so the legs run and the torso fires. Another great advantage is that the firing animation could even display the character standing - because the legs would be animated by the running animation while moving, otherwise by the firing animation. Result: Two animation sequences for four possibilities of combination. Now have your character equipped with maybe 100 sequences and the advantage will become huge! I hope you can get the message out of my confused scribbling

Formerly known as The Matrix - ICQ 170408644 I've been here for much longer than most people think. So where's my "Expert" status?
Re: Improvements for Combination of Bone Animation [Re: Thomas_Nitschke] #65919
03/14/06 09:37
03/14/06 09:37
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
I get the message, but don't agree.

Bones animation normally consists of separate limb movements that are then combined in the engine. I think your solution with a combined animation and then exluding each bone separately by script would not find many users, it's too awkward.

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de