by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, AndrewAMD), 833 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Team Building #67849
03/23/06 10:53
03/23/06 10:53
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
As some of you may know my company is working towards developing proof-of-concept's to take to publishers and from time to time we have posted a 'looking for a team' request.

As an indie developer we are not in a position to offer payment or salaries for any of these types of offerings. Simple we are looking for like minded people who want to get involved with projects that look promising, improve their portfolio and possibly become part of a triple-A development team.

We have a number of projects under development and would like to invite people to become part of the team(s). Broadly speaking we have an 'extreme sports title' and a hack n slash RPG, both in the alpha stages of development.

We are looking for primarily for talented scripters although all other skill sets, modeling, texturing and other artisans will be considered.

Essentially if either of these titles gets picked up by the publisher you will be offered a full time employment contract of a minimum of 12 months as well as a cash reward for your work in the concept-development. (Negotiable)

Here at indiglow we believe that the A6 community has some very talented individuals and those of you who are looking for an opportunity to do something that might just change their life, who understand hard work and that these projects can only work with a team all heading in the same direction, please post in response.

If you visit our site you will notice some level work we have done for some AAA titles already and will know that while we don't claim to be on close terms with huge publishers, we have been mentioned on T2's italian site.

My point is that if one small pebble can make ripples in the pond, imagine what 10 could do?

Finally we are only talking about 'Proof-of-Concept' demos, not completed games. Each of these demo's should not take any more than 2-3 months to complete with a team of 5-10 people. That doesn't even mean you would work for 2-3 months, it just means that is how long we expect it to take. You may only do 2 weeks work, maybe writing a better physics loop or adding some new textures....

While I agree this isnt for everyone, and I respect those that are not interested. It would be great if for once, replies could be from those that are interested more than the critiques who see no future in this prospect.

If there are some interested people I will say more about the proposed projects and maybe discuss some of the finer details.

Thanks for your time and interest, its much appreciated

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: Team Building [Re: indiGLOW] #67850
03/23/06 15:19
03/23/06 15:19
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

I am indeed interested, depending on one thing: the start time. For the next week or so, I'm extremely busy, but my business will be slowing down. Just curious, but when looking for team members do you look for people who not only have the skills, but whose "personalities" jive with the other team members?

Cheers, and all that jazz!

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Re: Team Building [Re: laethyn] #67851
03/23/06 16:56
03/23/06 16:56
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
Laethyn, "personality' will play a major role in the selection process, (if I can call it that ).

Essentially in the last 2 years I have worked with remote teams members to develop addons for a specific AAA game. Most of these team members came from that field, and yet, our small development team, 4 people who had complimenting personalities, produced a hugely succeful mod of 8+ new maps and game modes. In contrast another team, sponsered by the game developer, with considerably more members, failed to produce a single thing.

So yes, it is very important.

We intend to produce P-o-C's that are competative with the mainstream market and we believe we can do just that with the right people working together. We have tools in place that will allow us to project manage and support the team remote or otherwise, to get us where we need to go.

We will also be constantly looking for new concepts, trying to get a rolling program going. During concepting we implement a cooling off period, a time where we don't think about the idea, and instead start a new idea. This allows us to be objective about the concept and if we then select it for the next stage, alpha development, it would be nice if we had a small group of people, who we have a good relationship with, experience team work, to develop these ideas.

We need people who are proffesional and creative, but someone with dedication and a problem solving attitude is possibly more important.

Maybe I can give an example:

Currently the RPG concept, has just passed a key workflow test, that is establishing a complete workflow to get models into the game. This has been done. Using a combination of hand animated and mocap source we have some very realistic and compelling animations, including fighting, parry and so on.

Yet in our demonstration we are just using the basic biped template to make the guy walk around. Why? Well we know the animations are now in place, our modelers and skin artists can now work on content, not process. And if we need to see the animations we can just look in MED of better still in Studio Max.

But if someone wrote a new move code, deisgned to work with our animations, we would be a big step closer to that P-o-C. We have skills here to do the work ourselves, but its a question of time management, and better use of resources.

So with a few of the right people we could make faster progress.

Thanks for your interest laethyn

Re: Team Building [Re: indiGLOW] #67852
03/25/06 09:08
03/25/06 09:08
G
gamehost Offline
gamehost  Offline
G

Any positions for a goth rock musician?

BTW. I'm glad that no piss ant critics have spoiled your post. : )

Re: Team Building [Re: gamehost] #67853
03/25/06 12:24
03/25/06 12:24
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
Yeah so far so good

Have you got any samples of your music? Here are a couple of links to some of our own ventures into music:

Game Riff 1
Game Riff 2

So collaboration is the name of the game here

Re: Team Building [Re: indiGLOW] #67854
03/25/06 15:54
03/25/06 15:54
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
I will be here when you need me as well. I am only an e-mail away for any sort of professional service you may need.

-Paul.

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Team Building [Re: light_mystic] #67855
03/25/06 16:07
03/25/06 16:07
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline OP
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline OP
Serious User

United Kingdom
Thanks Paul, nice to know we can count on LDD's services.

Re: Team Building [Re: indiGLOW] #67856
03/25/06 16:47
03/25/06 16:47
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
You are welcome. I do believe myself as well it would be nice to have some nice communcation between Publishers. There is a lot of Talent here and in the right hands can go even further.

We need Good Public Relations. If this can bring more notice of the such to the Game Studio Community the better.

Everyone that has Talent should help if they may like. The more the better to pitch some nice concept Demo's.

-Paul.

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Team Building [Re: light_mystic] #67857
03/25/06 18:50
03/25/06 18:50
G
Gamesaint762 Offline
Gamesaint762  Offline
G

I would also like to offer my abilities for level design, textures and or modeling. If you need samples I can provide those easy. GS out.

Re: Team Building [Re: Gamesaint762] #67858
03/25/06 19:19
03/25/06 19:19
laethyn Offline
laethyn  Offline

So, can we hear some tidbits about the RPG project? Obviously, I'm not looking for a detailed description, or on specifics of game mechanics, but perhaps some basics.

Now, this may seem odd, but here is the way I work: if a project does not "match" my thought process on certain things about game dev, well, I would rather bow out gracefully, then continue forward, to the detriment of the project. Perhaps this is not the best way to join a team, however, I'm much more likely to produce my work by the deadline date/higher quality, if the project is something I believe in, AND the team members are people I believe in.

And that is one of the reasons why I "poke my nose" in certain threads around here If people are paying attention, then they have garnered a bit of info on my thought process on game dev/design. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'd rather know beforehand if it's a project I would like to work on, instead of finding out after, and causing problems with the team, which helps no one.

If you wish, you can, obviously, pm me any minor details, email me at laethyn@laethyn.com, or ignore me

Cheers and all that jazz!

Read the manual, it's a good place to start learning ~ ulillillia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de