by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TedMar), 1,420 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Terrain Problem #68223
03/25/06 16:01
03/25/06 16:01
New York
dennisb Offline OP
dennisb  Offline OP

New York
This is driving me nuts. I am using the latest version 6.40.2 I am trying to create my terrain in med and it seems sometimes putting a texture on it works and sometimes it doesnt just with no rhyme or reason. Like, it will work fine once. Then I need to make a change to the texture, so I change the texture and put it back in with no change to size or file type and all of a sudden it doesnt display anymore.

I noticed the times that the skin/texture does adhere to the hmp, before i try to put on the texture map, the height map image is showing as well as the raised surfaces. When the terrain just appears white and raised surfaces the texture map doe not adhere to the terrain. The texture appears in the skin editor left window but not in the 3d window. And it is just white in the regular model window and in the engine.

I tried switching back to the previous version of 6.3, whatever the last of that version was. But then when I imported my heightmap the terrain was just flat in the model editor window so I don't know what is up with that.

I can't really do a list of steps for this because there doesnt sem to be much pattern to it.

Thanks

Dennis Borruso Visit My Online Store http://www.cafepress.com/3dfrog
Re: Terrain Problem [Re: dennisb] #68224
03/26/06 02:07
03/26/06 02:07
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
In 6.4, be sure to always select the entire object in face mode, then click "set skin" in the skin manager to assign the skin to those polygons. Even if you update your texture, you may need to do this again.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: Terrain Problem [Re: ulillillia] #68225
03/27/06 09:07
03/27/06 09:07
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
In 6.4, different skins can be attached to different parts of the entity. Therefore the change. You must no specify to which part of the mesh you want to assign the texture.

The best way to be "driven nuts" is installing an update without reading the manual!

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de