Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A few basic questions-trouble with movement&scale #70419
04/11/06 00:46
04/11/06 00:46
M
mussashimits3 Offline OP
mussashimits3  Offline OP
M

hi,
I recently ran through a basic tutorial (basics by RJD) and a few things aren't doing what they should. First of all, I assigned my character's properties as player_walk_fight. For some reason though, I can't seem to walk 'normally'. The forward and back keys strafe the player left and right, and the left and right keys don't seem to do anything, except for when you're strafing, they seem to turn you.

Secondly, there's a red tint to the sun's lighting. even though I adjusted this and updated the lighting, it still remains.

Animations- everything looks fine except their a bit too fast. Any way to adjust the FPS only for the anims of player one?

F7- you have to hit the F7 key in order to go into #rd person mode. I'd rather the game not have a First Person mode at all. Might I ask how to change this?

A door- this is the least important of my questions. When I begin a new level in order to make a door, the tutorial says to create a new script. I had copied the cube from my old map and pasted it into this new map as the door. Yet there is now no option to create a new script. Any ideas why?

A question about textures- For some reason, my textures got messed up when I had imported my 3ds file into MED. I just now decided to deal with the problem. Might there be a way to change this? Maybe, replacing the current uv map seen in MED with another? Or is there a way to replace the current UV map? Thanks very much!

EDIT: I think the reason the player walks in the wrong direction is because the model has to be rotated in MED- is that a possibility? But if I rotate it in MED, it seems to mess up the anims, because I can't seem to select both the bones and the model to rotate. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks again

Last edited by mussashimits3; 04/11/06 01:33.
Re: A few basic questions-trouble with movement&sc [Re: mussashimits3] #70420
04/11/06 02:51
04/11/06 02:51
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
This is in the wrong forum. You need to ask this in the template forum, where they are far more familur with these problems then we are here.

However i can give some guesses.

In med, look at the bottom left window. Your model should be facing to the right. If it is not then it is looking the wrong way. If this is true, then you have given that actor a "car" script. Check your flags and see if any of them are set up to tell it to do that.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de