Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
HELP- dealing with 2 mdls (skins) #72569
04/30/06 03:42
04/30/06 03:42
M
mussashimits3 Offline OP
mussashimits3  Offline OP
M

hi,
I have two separate .mdls, eachi with their own skin and with their own animations. I need to somehow merge them together and get a resulting mdl file which contains both models, their own skins, and their own animations. I can't seem to merge one mdl into another mdl, as it messes up both the animations and the skin of the newly imported mdl. If I can somehow import one mdl into the other without messing up the skins, that would be great.

Might anyone know of a way to do this? I'm actually making a 2d game with Multimedia Fusion from the screenshots of the models within the skin editor (I gave up my ambtion to make a 3d game because the scripting aspect is too frustrating). So even if I can export both of these models into an entirely different program while keeping their bones (with their assigned vertices) intact, that would probably work fine too,. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by mussashimits3; 04/30/06 17:16.
Re: HELP- dealing with 2 mdls (skins) [Re: mussashimits3] #72570
05/01/06 13:59
05/01/06 13:59
houston
S
seneca Offline
seneca  Offline
S

houston
yes, you can merge two models together. but you will have to redo the skins and i've noticed that (in my models) that you will have to redo the animation. i'm not sure why. i do know you can animate several different models in the same space. if one of the models is static, i mean it doesn't have any animation to begin with,like a sword or a gun, it's easier to work with. then, you can frame your animation for the new model around the first model.

BTW, you will problem have issues lining up the finished model to the level geometry since you can have both models lined up on the same exact spot on all the axis at the same time.

do i make sense?

a8 commercial

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de