by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (TedMar, AndrewAMD), 1,067 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Opportunity for artist and programmers [Re: jigalypuff] #73148
05/06/06 03:16
05/06/06 03:16
M
MentalAbyss Offline OP
MentalAbyss  Offline OP
M

Quote:

having looked at your content requirments i would like to point out, all meshs should be prove to be your own work, this is due to some people at turbosquid selling meshs from scifimeshs and claiming them as their own, what safe gaurds do you have in place to prevent such theft?

Great question! And one, I see after reviewing, that was not fully developed and answered in our current developer info page or developer FAQ. Those pages will be appended with our violation policy in the next update to reflect the answer below.

Given the nature of the online marketplace the number of proactive steps we can take to insure content authenticity is limited, but we will be monitoring content against other markets and a list of all offending content will be kept for comparison purposes and future reference. Our reactive measures should anyone violate the content agreement are as follows:

Any violation of article 1 of the content agreement will result in the developer’s items being removed from GameKnack and the developer being banned from the GameKnack Developer network. Violation of articles 2 and 3 will result in the item not being listed by GameKnack but the Developer is encouraged to correct the issues, if possible, and resubmit the item.
Any suspected volitions may be reported to Support@GameKnack.com and the matter will be investigated. Repeated bogus and unfounded claims by any user will result in the user being removed and blocked. GameKnack appreciates your efforts in helping us keep our marketplace honest and reliable.

MentalAbyss

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com
Re: Opportunity for artist and programmers [Re: MentalAbyss] #73149
05/08/06 09:44
05/08/06 09:44
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Questions pertaining to GameKnack:
I apologize if these questions were already answered elsewhere. If this is the case, please direct me to the answers.

Can an artist/programmer/developer set their own prices?
I wouldn't feel comfortable charging more than a certain amount for certain items.
I wouldn't want a customer to feel cheated after buying an item from "testDummy", because the price was inflated by GameKnack management.

Can an artist/programmer/developer offer free promotional items?
This might be a good way to increase site traffic.

Do you plan on offering user feedback/reviews for sold items?

Can an artist/programmer/developer view statistics, such as download counts, for product items?

In the end user agreement, there is mention of "returns". Exactly, what is your current policy for product "returns"?

Where is the FAQ section for these and other questions?

Re: Opportunity for artist and programmers [Re: testDummy] #73150
05/08/06 09:54
05/08/06 09:54
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
To be fair, even Turbosquid seem to suffer from this kind of problem, for example I have seen several Poser meshes for sale via Turbosquid. I can only presume that turbosquid pass all copyright restrictions and implications in the event of copyright infringment over to the seller of the item. I guess this gives turbosquid protection from copyright infringment and im sure in extreme cases Turbosquid would also refund any monies made from the sale of such illegal materials to the purchaser and/or the owner of the actual copyright.

To be honest this is a hugely difficult area, one that even the big market movers are struggling with and its something a small start up is going to struggle to deal with, let alone rectify after the event.

I think personally you need to readdress how your going to sell materials and possibly look at internally generated materials only. Possibly invite the sellers to join some kind of development team, so that you can monitor and police the materials.

The real issue comes when you have a large volume of submitted materials to review, and to be fair, until that happens you are probably ok with a simple disclaimer passing the responsibility for such actions over to them, and ensuring that customers are aware of this before they make a purchase.

hope that helps.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: Opportunity for artist and programmers [Re: indiGLOW] #73151
05/08/06 13:10
05/08/06 13:10
M
MentalAbyss Offline OP
MentalAbyss  Offline OP
M

@ TestDummy

Can an artist/programmer/developer set their own prices?
Yes, you set the price. GameKnack does not inflate the price at any time. The developers have full price control. The only time GameKnack will adjust the price is when we get our sales program up and running and then the price goes down, not up, for the customer but the payout to the developer stays the same.

Can an artist/programmer/developer offer free promotional items?
Yes you can offer free items for download, but there is a limit of four free items per developer.

Do you plan on offering user feedback/reviews for sold items?
We do not offer this at this time, but it is something that is in the works.

Can an artist/programmer/developer view statistics, such as download counts, for product items?
Yes, once you upload an item it will show in your ‘My GameKnack’ page. Where you can see current price, total downloads, outstanding downloads (ones you have not been paid for yet) and outstanding balance.

In the end user agreement, there is mention of "returns". Exactly, what is your current policy for product "returns"?
Customer has the right to return with-in three days of purchase if it was misrepresented by the seller. In doing so the buyer forfeits all usage rights and licenses to the item.

Where is the FAQ section for these and other questions?
You can find the link to the developer FAQ on the Developer information page. I corrected the link colors this morning so they would show up correctly in firefox. Here is the link again http://www.gameknack.com/DeveloperInfo.html

@indiGlow
You’re correct about the difficulty in addressing this problem and I assure you it is not one we take lightly. Given our current and projected volume for the meantime our active policy should suffice for the time being. A more comprehensive and through solution is in development and should be in place before the current policy becomes futile.

I appreciate everyone’s interest and am happy to answer any more questions. I got to head out to a meeting for now though. Talk soon.

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de