Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) #73228
05/05/06 03:41
05/05/06 03:41
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline OP
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline OP
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Hey everyone,

A while back I showed a few video clips and screenshots of WACAI in action, since then I have improved on it, but do not have the time to bring the product to completion. It is functioning fully as a automated AI bot, similar to counterstrike, just without team goals.

The AI has the following features:
* Pathfinding (table gets precaclulated by software and saved to a file that can be loaded at runtime)
* On the fly cover tactics - the AI will dynamically take cover whenever it needs it when in battle (i.e. when reloading)
* Flexible weapon support - The code for the weapons is very removed from the actual AI code, so coding your own weapons just takes a few variable inputs from the AI.
* Flexible animations - the AI supports strafing and backpedaling movement animations, as well as advanced movement vs. orientation animation handling
* A whole lot more....

Included in the release, there is a C++ SDK I began building, which is currently a framework well suited for porting the C-Script code to C++ and running the AI completely within a c++ setting. It also provides a great simple interface to the A6 engine for general game usage to code your games in c++. To use it, copy the appropriate header and lib files from your A6 sdk_engine folder to the WACAI SDK folder.

For commercial use, there is a $100.00 USD / title licensing fee, seeing as I am releasing hundreds of hours of work here . For non-commercial use, the software is completely free. Details of the license are included in a text file within the zip file.

There is also a very very incomplete API reference document, I started it long ago, but never finished it. It is in openoffice format, but I will release an update with some more friendly documents for those who don't use openoffice.

Here's the download:
http://www.worldawareai.com/WACAI_BUILD_0_7_2.zip

Cheers,
Rhuarc

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: Rhuarc] #73229
05/05/06 04:34
05/05/06 04:34
Arkansas\USA
raiden Offline
raiden  Offline

Arkansas\USA
Let me be the first to say, thank you, thank you, and thank you .

I appreciate everything you do for this community.

-raiden

Last edited by raiden; 05/05/06 04:35.

"It doesn't matter if we win or lose, it's how we make the game."
--------------------
Links: 3DGS for Dummies
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: Rhuarc] #73230
05/05/06 06:30
05/05/06 06:30
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Thanks for releasing this, that video you showed a while back had alot of promise. Hopefully someone can develop this further.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: William] #73231
05/05/06 13:26
05/05/06 13:26
Germany
DoC Offline
DoC  Offline

Germany
o.o great stuff ^^

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: DoC] #73232
05/05/06 23:08
05/05/06 23:08
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Thankyou. From an initial examination, the implementation looks to be very complex...a detailed composite of many smaller parts.

I found a demo in the distribution and ran it 3 or 4 times.
Are the bots supposed to get stuck and clump together?
The bots were animating a "walk" cycle, apparently trying to move, but making no progress because other bots were obstructing movement (were in the way).
In the image below, there are 3 bots in a clump. Evidently, the first person view represents the view of a 3rd bot also in a "stuck" state.
Bot 1 is barely visible and is directly behind bot 2 in the image.

Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: testDummy] #73233
05/06/06 01:02
05/06/06 01:02
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline OP
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline OP
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Quote:

Thankyou. From an initial examination, the implementation looks to be very complex...a detailed composite of many smaller parts.

Exactimo! The design philosophy was to make it as modular as possible, and easy to design from a higher level standing rather than a low level down-and-dirty AI implementation. You'll see in the Cover Tactics sample that the cover tactic code can be used completely inpendantly of the rest of the system, the whole thing is set up this way, every part of the AI is modular and easily changable without affecting the rest of the AI adversely.

Quote:

I found a demo in the distribution and ran it 3 or 4 times.
Are the bots supposed to get stuck and clump together?
The bots were animating a "walk" cycle, apparently trying to move, but making no progress because other bots were obstructing movement (were in the way).
In the image below, there are 3 bots in a clump. Evidently, the first person view represents the view of a 3rd bot also in a "stuck" state.
Bot 1 is barely visible and is directly behind bot 2 in the image.

Sometimes they will clump together, it happens at chokepoints in the level. I did not finish implementing their movement to avoid these situations, there is some basic repulsion, but I'm not sure how much in place it is- it's been a while since I've worked on the system deeply.

There is a pretty specific implementation for configuring the path system in WED that I will document and release information on.

If people have specific questions or need certain things documented, let me know and I will see what I can do for you .

-Rhuarc

Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: Rhuarc] #73234
05/06/06 20:26
05/06/06 20:26
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline OP
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline OP
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
I am curious to know if anyone else is finding any use in this.... this is essentially a complete AI solution, ready to use for shooters, and easily modified; granted the documentation is in lack... if there isn't any interest... I won't bother writing any more...

-Rhuarc

Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: Rhuarc] #73235
05/06/06 22:12
05/06/06 22:12
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Hey rhuarc first let me say thanks. I cant test it at the moment or really even look at it. Tho i did download it and send it to my email incase you decide to take this link down.

It looks very promising. Of course i dont speak for everyone but i would love to get as much documentation as possible. Tho i dont ask for much given its current price

No matter what you decide to do I really appreciate your work so thanks again.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: FeiHongJr] #73236
05/07/06 04:58
05/07/06 04:58
DragonFlyz Offline
DragonFlyz  Offline

Well, I'm a complete newb, but I've downloaded this and will keep it on my hard drive awaiting the time I can understand it. Thanks Rhuarc!

My stats: AMD Athlon X2 4400+, 2 GB ram GeForce 6600 GT Windows XP Pro My GStudio Version: Commercial A6 6.40.4 My Website: http://www.studiodragon.com
Re: World Aware AI - Get it free! (sourcecode!) [Re: DragonFlyz] #73237
05/07/06 07:26
05/07/06 07:26
Hilden in Germany
RobH Offline
User
RobH  Offline
User

Hilden in Germany
Hello, Rhuarc. Thanks for that great Constribution. Your AI is absolut fantastic. I donīt know how long i tested to programm only the half of your AI. It is really cool, and the option with the teams comes for me very good, īcause some Missions from my Game will have teammembers. It will be also great if you can write a documentation. One question to the end: Have a logo or something to include it in the credits and before starting the game?

Last edited by RobNic; 05/07/06 07:29.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de