by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,119 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Okay please help. #73636
05/08/06 22:48
05/08/06 22:48
B
BrockA Offline OP
BrockA  Offline OP
B

Alright, well coming from the really uneducated game creator. ( me). I need help..In an experts opinon, what did you do when you first started learning, where exactly should I begin and what should i understand before i move on to the next step ( whatever that may be). I just want to know what I should learn first then next, then next, and so on. So if you could also give any tips you know that would be greatly appreciated aswell.
Thanks for you time guys..(and females maybe?)

-brock

Re: Okay please help. [Re: BrockA] #73637
05/09/06 00:05
05/09/06 00:05
M
MentalAbyss Offline
MentalAbyss  Offline
M

Hello and welcome,
I would suggest taking the time to thoroughly read the manual start to end and get a good feel for the basics and then move on to any tutorials that I could get my hands on especially ones aimed at your area of interest, fps or strategy for example. Read through all you can and get a good feel for what to do and then start by creating a small, very small, game of your own. Something like a one level shooter or a simple puzzle game. That should get you going and give you a good idea of what is involved.
Once you get your bearings and if you like you could find a team to join up with. You can learn a lot from one another in a team and together you can work on bigger projects and have a better chance of seeing them through to the end.
Hope that gives you a general idea of a direction to embark upon. Good luck. See you around the forums I hope.

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com
Re: Okay please help. [Re: BrockA] #73638
05/09/06 00:09
05/09/06 00:09
B
BrockA Offline OP
BrockA  Offline OP
B

Yeah thanks alot I appreciate. I do show much interest and determination in doing this, its just as soon as i started going through the manual it was like woooah man, don't understand that, you know what I mean? I hope im not the only one who opened the manual and didn't completely understand it. But I will try to make a one level shooter after im done reading the manual. Thanks again Mental, appreciate the support.

-brock

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de