I'm modeling in 3ds max and using meters as a system units scale. I imported cbabe model into 3ds max and it was roughly 1,6 meters tall. However, when I'm building my own objects and import them in MED, their size get wrong. Lets say I have a box with 20x20m values set and import it. Then I save it as .mdl in MED and place it next to cbabe in WED and it's nowhere near 20x20m, it's a lot smaller. So is this all about the scale factor when importing a .3ds file into MED? What's the value to set there to get the same size the model is in 3ds max? 1.000?

Edit: I don't know where I got that cbabe's 1,6 meters as now the cbabe model shows it's about 60m tall. This is getting too confusing now. What scales do you use to model your models for a first person shooter?

Edit2:
Did some more testing and scaled my model in 3ds max 144% bigger as 1 meter in 3ds max old scale would equal cbabes 44m or something. Well I imported that model trough MED into WED again and the model is just huge (it's a bridge and a city for the opening movie in my game) and the size should be right. But when I try to compile the level, it says: "Critical Error. Block outside level boundaries. Use -bound XXX to increase size!". Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Atsu; 06/05/06 13:47.