Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Animation apply to object and/or enemies #77034
06/08/06 06:57
06/08/06 06:57
R
rogerant Offline OP
rogerant  Offline OP
R

Hi,

I want to make animations which are special to an object
-For example climing a rock
Then I want to create an animation which plays on serval highest the same
-On top of an roof on the floor
Where I must to set the HIP-Zeropoint to get the model on the right floor?
-And if this works I want to make animations for a fight with enemies.
How I make the enemy animation right, so that I could it use also?
I mean where I must set the hip? Because the enemy is turned in the Testsystem 180° or other degree against the model.
I want to use both animations for each model.
-For example my model hit him turn a bit, and he is hit and fall beaten down o.e.
(In Poser the model have HIP-COORD, which were saved with the BVH position and BODY-COORD, which are not saved. Maybe I save the turn and distance in BODY. So the animation could play also for the player model, too.)
It not easy to coordinate two persons in a fight or interaction, without having the other person. So I want to make the animations for both in one time, but want to use both animations for player and enemy.

Maybe you some infos, how you have made such fight, climbing o.e. animations
I mean only the ground and zero-position of model-hip or -center, not the animation itself!

Thank's for any idea.
greetings, roger

Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies [Re: rogerant] #77035
06/08/06 13:07
06/08/06 13:07
houston
S
seneca Offline
seneca  Offline
S

houston
well, you can make any model with as many different animations as you like. ie fight, swim, jump, run, die, eat clam chowder, ect.

first, you have to export from the modeler that you are using now to MED or Milkshape3d or some other modeler that will allow animation and allow export to 3d gamestudio.

Then, you simply call each animation as you need it. Keep in mind, the more animations (vertex) you have for a model the more memory the model will take up.

as for the roof and floor animation, you can specify each by using a trace to see what material the model is standing on or you can use the my.z and guestimate the height to trigger each separate animation.

you can have different models with the same animation, but it's a little tricky.

as for the hip coord, you can center the model in MED along the crosshairs on the x, y and z axis. that should place the model where is should be in WED.

make sense?
does this help?

a8 commercial
Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies [Re: seneca] #77036
06/08/06 13:21
06/08/06 13:21
R
rogerant Offline OP
rogerant  Offline OP
R

Yes thank's

I try to understand what you mean.
If I want to make an interactive animation For example an fight between two persons.
-First I would make for both maybe act and react animation.
-Than I have to copy the react also to the main-model (maybe I
use more then one model and load it in time).
-For boneani I can export BVH (to MED??)
-Then I create a low poly model and combine the anis to the model.
--Okay so far it's okay.
-But the forum say I can combine boneani together.
-But in the BVH the whole body is in motion.
-How can I load a partial animation to the actual model??
-And how can I get vertexani (mimc) on it parallel??
(I heard there is an possibility to combine vertex and bone together, but
I didn't find any tut or description how it works )
--
And at last where do the animators make the zero point, when a model
swim/sleep (on a bed)??
You said you can make in MED your owm zero hip-point, but I think there must be on main-point, or?

Many thank's for each info,
roger

Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies [Re: rogerant] #77037
06/10/06 16:25
06/10/06 16:25
Nuevo New Orleans
Patrick_Bateman Offline
Patrick_Bateman  Offline

Nuevo New Orleans
I have a question that is allmost identical to Rogerant's, but, I may have more demanding interaction needs.

What I'm trying to do: I want to make animations so that 2 characters can fight, but, the react animation is more complex than a simple "I got hit in the face" animation. I want to make one character bear hug another character and then toss the other over his hip (like a belly to belly suplex). For this level of complex interaction, I will NEED to have the "reacting" model in the same modelling editor window to synchronize the animations properly.

So, based on the above, my question is: Can you have 2 models in MED so that you can animate them together? I tried to analyze the above posts to see if they would answer my question, but I didn't follow along good enough I guess.

Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies [Re: Patrick_Bateman] #77038
06/10/06 18:11
06/10/06 18:11
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Quote:

I have a question that is allmost identical to Rogerant's, but, I may have more demanding interaction needs.

What I'm trying to do: I want to make animations so that 2 characters can fight, but, the react animation is more complex than a simple "I got hit in the face" animation. I want to make one character bear hug another character and then toss the other over his hip (like a belly to belly suplex). For this level of complex interaction, I will NEED to have the "reacting" model in the same modelling editor window to synchronize the animations properly.

So, based on the above, my question is: Can you have 2 models in MED so that you can animate them together? I tried to analyze the above posts to see if they would answer my question, but I didn't follow along good enough I guess.

Im sure you can have two models in med... Just use the append. However youll have to seperate them before you use them in the engine.... Tho i dont know how well this will do.... You could also animate your attack sequences first then just make duplicates while you make the reaction animations... and delete them afterwards... This way all animations are done on one model.

Another alternative would be to grab blender its free and way more powerful then med....

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies [Re: FeiHongJr] #77039
06/10/06 21:15
06/10/06 21:15
Nuevo New Orleans
Patrick_Bateman Offline
Patrick_Bateman  Offline

Nuevo New Orleans
Quote:

Quote:

Im sure you can have two models in med... Just use the append. However youll have to seperate them before you use them in the engine.... Tho i dont know how well this will do.... You could also animate your attack sequences first then just make duplicates while you make the reaction animations... and delete them afterwards... This way all animations are done on one model.

Another alternative would be to grab blender its free and way more powerful then med....

I agree with putting all of the animations in one model, but, I'm unsure of what you mean by duplicates. There is no copy animation function in the software that I know about. Are you saying I should export and import keyframes back into one model? I tried exporting, but MED crashed when I tried to import keyframes. (I'm running XP sp2 + trial version of 3DGS)

about blender:

I have dabbled with blender a little bit and got a md2 file imported into it, but I couldn't do much with it in reguards to navigating around the software. I will have to read some tutorials on it if I want to use blender.

Right now, I am just concept testing, so I want to keep it as simple as possible. When I start in the advanced stages of production, I will probably switch to a different modelling program (Maya is what I used for UT2k3 modding) that is better than the obviously limited MED (I'm not complaining, but it just cant compete with expensive solutions out there that focus stricting on modelling/animation).

Re: Animation apply to object and/or enemies - UPD [Re: Patrick_Bateman] #77040
06/13/06 15:27
06/13/06 15:27
Nuevo New Orleans
Patrick_Bateman Offline
Patrick_Bateman  Offline

Nuevo New Orleans
UPDATE:

I think I found a solution to the problem. I can basically use the merge function to get 2 animated models in the scene, and then animate the moves out twice for the model on the left. One for the move, and then one for the reaction to the move. I can keep the cycle of export/merge going in order to get uniformity and to make sure the frames are in sync w/ the move of the other character..

this is my theory at this point at least... I'm sure there are other industry standards out there, like whatever the makers of Splinter Cell used to animate the fireman's carry and rear naked choke move inte4ractions, but I'm trying to get this to work w/ MED at this point of my testing.

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de