by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dr_panther, 7th_zorro), 1,203 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
"2d" shooter #78376
06/18/06 10:10
06/18/06 10:10
Germany: Hamburg
Gurke Offline OP
Developer
Gurke  Offline OP
Developer

English:
I worked on this project for about four weeks and I have to confess that I haven`t nearly reached in this time what I wanted to reach so please notice that neither models nor other 2d-graphics are final.

The project working title is "p.i. (private investigator) storys" what realy sounds strange so I will think about it in the next few weeks (I`m realy happy about any suggestions^^).
The game is suppost to have a cartoon look just like all these marvel comics so I kept everything in black and white colours.
Like in the movie/comic "sin city" I only coloured things that are suppost to get your attention.
Like in Max Payne the story is told in comic strips that appear between level changes.

Story:
The story is realy simple and I don`t expect a WOW - effect so here is only a realy short version:
The hero, a private investigator, has a new "customer" who wants him to get as much informations about some person as possible.
This sounds like an easy job so he accepts.
But the person he observes gets shot.
Now he trys to find out more about the killers.

What is a 360° shooter?
Well... a 360° shooter is a game where you are able to shoot and aim with your mouse in 360° around the player.

One side note:
I got inspired by one of those 360° shooters on newgrounds so the graphics realy look like in one of those games (I`m searching for the link).
So I will have to change the player graphics realy soon.

German:
Ich arbeite erst vier Wochen an diesem Projekt und muss zugeben, dass ich nichts von dem das ich mir vorgenommen habe erreicht habe.
Ich bitte Sie daher zu beachten, dass weder Models noch andere Grafiken final sind.

Das Projekt das ich Ihnen nun vorstelle trägt den Titel „P.I. (Privat Detektiv) storys“ . Ich weiß das der Titel nach nichts klingt, daher suche ich im Moment noch nach einem neuen Namen.
Ich habe mich bemüht dem Spiel einen Comic-look zu verpassen, wie man ihn aus den Marvel comcis kennt. Daher ist das Spiel in schwar und weiß gehalten.
Wichtige Objekten habe ich dennoch wie in Sin City ein wenig Farbe verpasst.
Wie in Max Payne wird die simple Geschichte i Form von Comic-Strips zwischen den Missionen weiter erzählt.

Die Geschichte:
Die Geschichte ist relativ simpel, also fasse ich mich kurz:
Der Held, ein Privat Detektiv, bekommt den Auftrag eine Person zu beschatten.
Als diese Zielperson jedoch während eines Kampfes erschossen wird, versucht der Held auf eigene Faust mehr über die Mörder i Erfahrung zu bringen.

Was ist das für ein Spiel?
Das Spiel ist ein 360° shooter, bei dem man mit der Maus rund um den Spieler herum zielen und schiessen kann.
Der Rest ist aus allen anderen 2d-sidescrollern bekannt.

Bemerkung:
Die verwendeten Grafiken sind nicht 100% meinem Kopf entsprungen (inspiriert von 360° shootern von Newgrounds), daher werde ich so schnell wie möglich ein neues Design für die Spielfiguren entwerfen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:
If the screens wont show up please copy and paste the links in the addresbar.

screen1
Screenshot made by one of my "alphatesters"^^...

screen2
I`m still working on a better A.I.

screen3
The sword has two "attack modes".

screen4

screen5

screen6

screen7
This is a screenshot from my "Hero-Editor" that may be included in the final game. (YAY! It`s Groucho Marx!!! )

All these ingame screens are made from the "survival mode" in which the player has to survive as many enemys as possible.
I want to wait to post screens from the story mode till I have completed the first two levels.

Video:
If you like the screens watch my ingame fight(survival mode):
video
Note: the file is about 15mb big.

I hope that I will get lots of comments^^!

~Gurke

EDIT: Oh.. it`s fake 2d!

Last edited by Gurke; 06/18/06 10:11.

http:\\www.cybergurke.de.vu letztes Update: 02.08.2006 ---------------------------- Aktuelle Projekte: -P.I. Storys
Re: "2d" shooter [Re: Gurke] #78377
06/18/06 10:14
06/18/06 10:14
Bremen, Germany
tuschcarsten Offline
User
tuschcarsten  Offline
User

Bremen, Germany
...hui... looks very funny.... reminds me on Madness interactive...

Bit Happens!
Re: "2d" shooter [Re: tuschcarsten] #78378
06/18/06 14:51
06/18/06 14:51
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
The graphic style looks pretty nice and the aiming system is very nice too =D. That would probably be a hit if it was multiplayer enabled.

Re: "2d" shooter [Re: Ambassador] #78379
06/18/06 15:19
06/18/06 15:19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cool!
Genial einfache Idee und gute Umsetzung.
Wenn du Jemanden brauchst der Level baut, pm an mich...

mercuryus

Re: "2d" shooter [Re: ] #78380
06/18/06 15:45
06/18/06 15:45
Gurke Offline OP
Developer
Gurke  Offline OP
Developer

Thanks guys for the nice words!
I have also thought about makeing a multiplayer version but I still have to work on the singleplayer scripts that I want to finish before I start working on a multiplayer script.
The graphics will be improved soon and I will make a more comic-like GUI.
I also have to change some things in the A.I. but I think that I will be able to show a first demo-version soon!
When this game realy gets finished it will be ofcourse freeware.

@mercuryus:
Danke für das Kompliment!
Ich arbeite an dem Spiel nur nebenbei (neben Cybras) und wollte aus dem ganzen nur ein kleines freeware Spielchen machen (keinen großen Zeitrahmen für das Spiel eingeplant), aber wenn ich mal Hilfe brauche wende ich mich zuerst an dich!

~Gurke

p.S.: Achja, ab nun sind auch auf meiner Seite ein paar kleinerer Informationen über das Spiel zu finden.

http:\\www.cybergurke.de.vu letztes Update: 02.08.2006 ---------------------------- Aktuelle Projekte: -P.I. Storys
Re: "2d" shooter [Re: Gurke] #78381
06/18/06 16:39
06/18/06 16:39
germany
E
Endgegner Offline
Serious User
Endgegner  Offline
Serious User
E

germany
find ich sehr cool ^^ vielleicht liegts an mir aber ich glaube die kamera könnte ein bisschen mehr distanz vertragen, oder? ich find das n tick zu nah dran. ansonsten sehr cool ^^

Re: "2d" shooter [Re: Endgegner] #78382
06/19/06 02:45
06/19/06 02:45
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Looks like in Screenshot 3 they are hugging, dancing, or doing something rather than fighting. (Sorry just had to put that out there, hehe). For a 2D game it doesn't look to bad, graphics and effects don't like to bad either. Making a larger level (since seeing the video only makes it look like it's very small not to wide, you should widen it up and make more less a full level out of it. Give the player room to adventure around a bit.

Making the game more interactive, maybe a 2-Player mode or even an online Multiplayer mode would really intensify the gameplay! On top of all that you have a good project going, could use it's improvements but nonetheless you have something to show! Good job, and good luck!

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: "2d" shooter [Re: ISG] #78383
06/19/06 12:09
06/19/06 12:09
Gurke Offline OP
Developer
Gurke  Offline OP
Developer

Thanks again^^!
@ISG:
Yeah the enemy A.I. is not the best^^! I made the A.I. in less than two hours so there are lots things that have to be changed^^' ...
The enemys have to take some steps backwards or even run away if the player gets near them with the sword.
At the moment I am working on a script to make the enemy hide behind crates so they can`t get hit by the player (pretty much bugs have to be fixed ).
Oh and the level ist like I already mentioned from the survival mode.
In this mode the player has to kill as much enemys as possible before he gets killed so the level is just a small arena.
The levels I`m working on at the moment (for the story mode) are much bigger than that.
I hope that I wil be able to post some screens soon!
Like I said in the last post I was already thinking about a multiplayer mode but before I want to finish the singleplayer scripts^^.

Well... now I want to take the chance to present you a new player model I made (took me only 30 minutes so don`t expect much^^):
new model
Like I said the game has something to do with private investigators so I made the ugly boy I had before look a little bit more like one of them.
Please tell me how you guys like it!

@Endgegner:
Yeah you are right the camera needs a little bit more distance.
How about this:
new distance
Is this better or should the camera distance be smaller?

~Gurke

Re: "2d" shooter [Re: Gurke] #78384
06/19/06 13:21
06/19/06 13:21

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi Gurke!

Ein toter Gegner sollte (hin & wieder) ein "goodie" (ammo/health) hinterlassen.
So bekommt man als Spieler eine Belohnung und hat mehr Spass...

A dead enemy should leave a "goodie". So the player gets a reward and is more happy!

mercuryus

Last edited by mercuryus; 06/19/06 13:23.
Re: "2d" shooter [Re: ] #78385
06/19/06 15:21
06/19/06 15:21
germany
E
Endgegner Offline
Serious User
Endgegner  Offline
Serious User
E

germany
aaah yes looks way better ^^ it just felt very small and you didn't have enough space to see enemies and stuff. with bigger levels, that's gonna be a lot of fun ^^ well done, keep it up!

and the new character looks cool, as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de