I can remember this was already requested quite some time ago, but it seems to have been lost in the depths of the forum...
MED's camera movement does not know the mouse at all! The latest MED at least uses the mouse-wheel for zooming, which is a nice feature, but to "pan" around (same as clicking and holding the right mouse button in WED's 3D-view) you still need to press both mouse buttons. Why not use the third mouse button for this? Clicking both mouse buttons can really be a pain to do correctly and, in any case, will kill the current selection since the left mouse button has been pressed as well. Simply clicking and holding the wheel would be easier, wouldn't it? Alternatively, the right mouse button could be used for panning, since zooming is now done via mouse-wheel. I consider this a small but "must-have" feature to speed up workflow especially with really big models.

Cheers,
The Matrix

PS. And please have the sensitivities adjustable, for panning as well for rotating and zooming!

Formerly known as The Matrix - ICQ 170408644 I've been here for much longer than most people think. So where's my "Expert" status?