by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Konsti, AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
new mini team to work on a project #83851
07/30/06 20:11
07/30/06 20:11
M
mo1e Offline OP
mo1e  Offline OP
M

hello to all its been a long time since ive been on here and i have a project idea lined up i cant discuss much as i dont want the idea to be stolen, but i need a team of people that consist of

programmer: able to create an advanced 3d PONG game
moddeller and texturer: the models wont be too advanced but would have to look smooth
level designer: the levels will be easy a basic pong table with added extras

please either reply in here or pm me thank you and i hope you can make this game a reality

i forgot to add i cant offer payment as i am going to try to get the completed game released as a virtual console download on the new nintendo wii console. i will be sending a copy of the game to nintendo

Last edited by mo1e; 07/30/06 20:16.
Re: new mini team to work on a project [Re: mo1e] #83852
07/30/06 21:20
07/30/06 21:20
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Not a very well thought out pitch Mo1e. There are several red flags in this post including the notion that someone will steal your idea, that you won't pay people to create this game, and finally that you will be releasing on a console that isn't even out.

Take my advice, "Dream Big; Start Small":
Buy 3DGS (since your profile still says trial) and make this game for the PC... a small one level demo to show off your idea, something you can do yourself.
Use this demo to gather people to your ranks and help you make the game; maybe even to get people to give you money so you can pay.
Realize that without pay, this project has a 99.999% chance of never starting and a 99.9999999999% of vaporware if it does. Find some compensation, be it money, webspace, something as a "glue" to keep the team together.
Do research on Nintendo. I have no idea how you think that you will get a game released with them with no past publishing experience or money. Please take this as sage advice: If you think that your idea is so great that Nintendo will simply NEED to release your game, then you have no idea as to how the industry works and this betrays your abilities as team leader.

Tighten up your pitch and try to aim lower.
This is the only way your idea will get to execution.

Re: new mini team to work on a project [Re: fastlane69] #83853
07/30/06 21:26
07/30/06 21:26
M
mo1e Offline OP
mo1e  Offline OP
M

very fair points and we will be doing just that. i will create a demo for the pc. and nintendo have alot of low down developers creating gamesfor the wii virtual console. its also going to feature software that will enable you to create games on the wii and share them with others

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de