by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, 7th_zorro), 877 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: zwecklos] #103697
06/06/07 22:32
06/06/07 22:32
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Lol, the bee is fine .. (although a child of a friend of mine said "hey, that's a cool wasp". )

I'd suggest to add the black lines to the mission briefing text too, because it's not very easy to read this red yellow font this way. Flight behavior is pretty good, although we can fly upside down while hovering. It's not such a big thing really, because who's going to stop moving forward while flying upside down in this game. Still, it would be nice to see the bee turn around automatically when not moving forward anymore if upside down.

The sound of the mouse-over-button is a bit too loud perhaps, or perhaps I had my volume too loud. By the way, when the second mission started, the actual timers and stuff didn't start, nor could I pick-up the heart and so on. Music or sounds didn't start either, I was able to fly around, but not do anything. Not sure if that's a demo limitation, but all the sounds were gone there.

Then a final comment, the camera has improved a lot, but it's still possible to come too near to the ground with the camera and see through the models. Not sure if that's fixable though.

Anyways, the whole environment and stuff looks rather good and I like the style. (perhaps add other animals or insect?)

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: zwecklos] #103698
06/07/07 06:04
06/07/07 06:04
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Fantastische Arbeit soweit wie ich gespielt habe. Darf sich wirklich das Prädikat "Spiel" geben Die erste Mission mit Stern sammeln & Ringe durchfliegen ist etwas schwer. Kam mit -8 sekunden ins Ziel.

Ich kann es leider jetzt noch nicht ausführlich testen weil ich zur Schule muss

PS: Sorry for german post. I will reply in english when I am back from school.

EDIT: OK, tested the game and got stuck in the level where I have to collect the stars inside the house (and area). Found 7 stars without problems. But the 8 star is impossible to find. I searched for a realy extreme long time and couldn´t find it, so I guess one star is missing in that mission.

Overall the game is very very difficult. Often espacially in later missions the gates are too far away and I can´t see them and have to search them because they are created outside of the screen or behind something (like tree or the fence).

The controls aren´t making the game easier but they are very good, because it realy feels like a flying insect with a mass. For everyone who find it too difficult to control simply zoom in or out with the mousewheel and the controls become much easier.
The grafics are very good. Maybe the hearts should be replaced by some kind of bonus object. The stars maybe could be honey drops, or be called "honey stars". But that´s maybe no real improvement, just an idea.

The timelimit is frustrating. I think it would be much better to place the gates closer together and give the player more time so has more time overall. The negative countdown is just no fun. The idea would still work, because depending on how much time he gets into the finish, the player would get a grade, where every grade is a certain amount of bonus points. Also the level should been restartet if the time runs out.

THE ESCAPE BUTTON should exit to the menu or better open a menu and pause the game.

I am not the target group customer thing for that kind of games. I am more thinking of children. And for them the game is for sure tooooooooooooo difficult especially they don´t understand how to handle physics (me when I was a child).

The soundeffects are good, but you MUST add music and or ambience sounds (ocean waves near the ocean, gulls, zirpende Zikaden-Dinger(!) etc.).

And here is also the next point. The game is too dead. The grafics are beautyful, and it´s realy perfect, but still there is missing more live on the map, like gulls sailing on the sky (I recomment simply to buy some in a shop, I know that they sell them). Other bees would be nice aswell flying their path to flowers and back home.
And even more video game professionality it would be if I could fly to the other bees and talk to them and then they challenge me to a flower(star) or (gate) race.

I didn´t knew where north is, without a compass. At least add to the briefing something like sun stands in the east direction or something. Or from the hive the tree is in south direction.

This game would also work well for older target groups customer things, but then there would be the need for more action. Instead of the timelimit other (colored) bees or something would need to attack the player while he tries to solve the mission. And also other game modes I posted before in this thread.

I don´t know if I wrote it already: The missions should also be a little more different to improve the gameplay quality.

OK, that´s all I remember right now. It´s a realy good quality game, with some flaws which can be improved. Right know it´s a game which could easily sold by the grafics with some good screenshots, which are easy to make in this game and with some good gameplay, which is also easy to presentate. But for the longer time fun, till I have money for my next game, there should be the one or the other thing. An idea I had right now, is to buy/unlock stuff from the points I get in the game, like pictures in a gallery, and funny realtime "movies"/scenes of the bees.

Last edited by EX Citer; 06/07/07 11:30.

:L
Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: EX Citer] #103699
06/07/07 19:24
06/07/07 19:24
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
The approach of the game is still the same which is good because you need to change it to the will of your clients as you've said.
About the game itself, the graphics are still and will stay good, the different missions are nice to play but sometimes hard to complete, as EX Citer mentioned already. The sounds aren't at their full use but it's still a demo version like you've mentioned. But I'm still missing the water shader but I guess it will be included in the final version.
Great work, my congratz to the both of you
Btw, the German menu isn't that bad for me since I'm capable of reading the language

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: frazzle] #103700
06/12/07 21:24
06/12/07 21:24
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. Most of your critics are known bugs and are cleared in the final version.

Quote:

when the second mission started, the actual timers and stuff didn't start, nor could I pick-up the heart and so on. Music or sounds didn't start either, I was able to fly around, but not do anything. Not sure if that's a demo limitation, but all the sounds were gone there.

We havent seen this bug so far, all 16 missions should be playable and the sound should work aswell. The timer only takes part at mission 3-16.
have you found the shot-function? (ctrl)
Are you able to reproduce this bug or is it an all-the-time bug?
Does anyone else have this behaviour?

Quote:

Anyways, the whole environment and stuff looks rather good and I like the style. (perhaps add other animals or insect?)

Thanks a lot
We will add more life in general.

Quote:

Fantastische Arbeit soweit wie ich gespielt habe. Darf sich wirklich das Prädikat "Spiel" geben Die erste Mission mit Stern sammeln & Ringe durchfliegen ist etwas schwer. Kam mit -8 sekunden ins Ziel.

Jo Danke Exciter. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad ist noch nicht balanced. Sprich die Zeiten und die Abstände zwischen einzelnen Toren ist noch nicht 100% richtig in dieser Demo.

Quote:

got stuck in the level where I have to collect the stars inside the house (and area). Found 7 stars without problems. But the 8 star is impossible to find. I searched for a realy extreme long time and couldn´t find it, so I guess one star is missing in that mission.

We are pretty sure that everything is in there to complete the demo.
The Star you havent found in this level is probably the one, which is hidden behind a rock, by the coast behind the house.
We will implement a mission briefing into the pause-menu to get sure that the players will find all the stars and mission objectives.
Also a compass will be included.

Thanks again to all who tested the demo.

cheers

Sinn- und Zwecklos

Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: zwecklos] #103701
10/05/07 15:50
10/05/07 15:50
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
Hi there,

This project is still going on
After a long break, we are working again on Bumble Bee Island and have added some "life" in the pond area. Butterflies and fishes that is.
Plus a water-shader.

Since the upgrade to A7, it is possible to activate Antialiasing by script (d3d_antialias).
In general it works but we cant apply postprocessing effects anymore, for example a bloom shader.
Frustrating is, that if you manually change the aa-settings (in the graphic card settings) it works. I already posted a thread on this topic:

Link to the thread: Antialiasing problem

Has anybody got the AA activated by script and managed to got the pp-effects (using a quad) running?
Maybe it is a specific graphic card problem (we are using nvidia only).
We are using 7.04... is there any chance that an update to 7.05/.06 could solve this problem?
We would be thankful to any kind of help.

cheers

sinn-& zwecklos

Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: zwecklos] #103702
10/05/07 17:49
10/05/07 17:49
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Good to see an update as I love this game and environment, I'm rather jealous actually but hey, life goes on doesnt it.

Re: Bumble Bee Island New Demo [Re: Nems] #103703
10/05/07 18:08
10/05/07 18:08
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Idem dito, I really love this project too
Can't wait for a next potential demo version !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
Re: Bumble Bee Island nostalgia [Re: frazzle] #103704
03/21/08 02:20
03/21/08 02:20
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline OP
zwecklos  Offline OP

Switzerland - Zurich
Hello,
I just navigated through some old datas, cleaning up my hard disk and found an old version of a Bumble Bee Island video.
Thought that it would be cool to post this old video, especially because I like it much more than the actual one of Bumble Bee Island

It is a heavy 76 MB file, but maybe some of you fellows want to have a look at the begining of BBI

Bumble Bee Island Video [76MB, zipped avi]

cheers

Sinn- and Zwecklos

Re: Bumble Bee Island nostalgia [Re: zwecklos] #103705
03/21/08 15:33
03/21/08 15:33
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Ah yes, that nostalgic feeling

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de