by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (AndrewAMD, monk12, TipmyPip, Quad, aliswee), 1,029 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: EX Citer] #104616
01/03/07 01:00
01/03/07 01:00
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
hello again!

just an update. I finally figured out why everyone else was experiencing a crash in lab A but me. Apparently, save files made by the game_save instruction will only work perfectly when loaded under the same computer and can't be distributed. I generated and distributed a save file from the beginning of the game, to have the game load back to the start of the game when the player clicked on New Game. I'm a little bit annoyed with conitec on this but at least we found out about the bug soon and i'll let them know about it as well.

As i mentioned earlier, you can now play the full game without having to wait for the patch. Start the game ONE time only with "-d realgame" as i explained above, and play it until the brother comes up and talks to you in the first scene.(Just enough for the game to generate new save files made from your computer). Then shutdown the game, remove "-d realgame", and now you can play normally, with all features on (also being able to load or start a new game).

If you don't want to get into any of this hussle though, i will still be releasing a patch tomorrow, with this and several other bug fixes.

@exciter, you can check how much ram you got by right clicking at My Computer and selecting Properties. As for the bat file, apparently it's disturbingly hard to create a bat file using Windows, especially if you have the "hide known file extensions" options checked. But sure, you could always create a bat file and get the same result..

If someone is willing to try the method i just explained, i'd be very interested to know if it worked for you, if there was any more lag in Part 2 than Part 1, and finally if you made it to the end of the game!

Thanks,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: LarryLaffer] #104617
01/03/07 09:08
01/03/07 09:08
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

Apparently, save files made by the game_save instruction will only work perfectly when loaded under the same computer and can't be distributed.

I think that's something that needs to be fixed unless there's a really good reason for it (or some kind of way to manually disable it when you publish if you want to allow saves to be distributed). A lot of people like to swap save game files and especially in the adventure and RPG genre's.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: Orange Brat] #104618
01/03/07 10:46
01/03/07 10:46
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Yeah, right. The ram. I knew it was written there, but I couldn´t find it the last time, so I thought they removed it in that windows version... I have 384mb ram, and I think that´s quite ok and I don´t understand why it´s so laggy. I have no other programs running while playing games.

About the bat file... Do you think it doesn´t work if the option hide extensions is on? Creating a bat file is simple as hell:
1. create a new txt file in the folder where the .exe file is located
2. open it with text editor and write the name of the .exe file (only the name, no dot and no extension) and then: " -d realgame"
3. in this case in the txt should be written: "MothersDen -d realgame" without quotations marks(!)
4. save and close the txt file
5. rename the "no name.txt" to "startgame.bat" or something you like. Just make sure the extension is .bat

That is how I done it for Dangerous Vaults 2 and it works very well. You can use all defines, you created and the engine defines.

:L
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: EX Citer] #104619
01/03/07 12:03
01/03/07 12:03
Germany
TimeOut Offline
User
TimeOut  Offline
User

Germany
Nice game nice demo. My Rating is:

Graphics Level 6/10
Design of the Level 7/10
Charakters 9/10
Weapons 8/10
KI 9/10
Dialoges 9/10
Performance 7/10

All 7/10

The Performance on my Pc is 50-100 fps on 16*AF, 8*AA, sometimes short slowdowns.

Athlon 64 3700+ 2048 MB DDR PC400 Dual Corsair XFX Geforce 7800 GT A6 Commercial 6.4
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: LarryLaffer] #104620
01/04/07 02:58
01/04/07 02:58
USA
TeutonicDarkness Offline
User
TeutonicDarkness  Offline
User

USA
Hello,

The "-d realgame" trick did not work for me...
I don't know how it worked for everyone else?

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3400
1 GB Memory
Ndiva FX 5500 256 MB
Windows XP Profesional

( with shaders disabled allmost no slow-downs....
just lots of problems with that character that dosn't seem
to interact properly ).....
crashes still hapening here.

*** Teutonic Darkness ***

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: LarryLaffer] #104621
01/04/07 05:06
01/04/07 05:06
O
ozziedave Offline
ozziedave  Offline
O

Hi Aris,

Congratulations on producing a great set of tools for game development.

For at least 6 years I have been looking at demo’s and occasionally buying
3D Game Development software, but they all fall down when trying to
Develop AI, there is no 3D games software out there that has any decent
AI Included.

But now with Intense AI and 3D Games Studio even a mug programmer
like me will be able to programme great games in the future.

I was very impressed with your demo, on my machine it ran with a good
frame rate with all actors moving at a good pace, lighting was excellent
and the AI was very good.

Well done, this will be the best toolkit for any 3dgs games programmer
and will put us miles in front of the competition.

Not to take away from my previous comments these things happened on
playing the demo.

1. When very very close to the NPC’s I could not back away from them
and no controls would move gun arm. Same happened when I got near
the wall fans. Had to restart .

2. When talking to the scientist with brown coat in the room with the 2 CIA
Agents he tells me to follow him to the cells after leaving the room and
in the corridor he stops walking and no movement is seen. On passing him
the screen goes blank and a restart is necessary.

I realize that this is just teething problems and that you will sort them out in time.

My Machine runs AMD 2.15 gigahertz - 1024 mem - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256 meg Mem

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: TeutonicDarkness] #104622
01/04/07 08:57
01/04/07 08:57
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Quote:

The "-d realgame" trick did not work for me...
I don't know how it worked for everyone else?

Same here. Tried it in several ways.

My specs:
3GHz
1Gb RAM
Ati X300

Don't know wether this could be a reason:
My target is: "D:\Spiele\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe"

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: Pappenheimer] #104623
01/04/07 11:23
01/04/07 11:23
A
Atsu Offline
Atsu  Offline
A

Didn't work here either. Is there going to be any improvements on the performance issues for the demo, since all you can change is to turn those stencil shadows off and that doens't really help. Still unplayable frame rates

Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: Atsu] #104624
01/04/07 14:46
01/04/07 14:46
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Thanks for your good words everyone,

Once again, i'll need a few beta testers to try out the new patch, before i force everyone to download a patch that might still have that damn Lab A bug. I thought i had that all figured out, but since you're saying "-d realgame" didn't work for you, you have me worried again

If you want to help out, make sure you'll be available for most of the day(patch not done yet) and that you have the minimum requirements.

@Exciter, you'll need 512mb to play the game. Thanks for explaining the bat method as well, now people can choose:P

@ozziedave, about 1., maybe the Npc was a few steps below you? I've noticed that bug before, but in normal conditions, if the npc is too close to the player he'll back away. I had no idea about the fans, i'll check it right away.

@Atsu, normally, you shouldn't have unplayable frame rates even in the released version. How much ram do you have? The patch will have a few optimizations to prevent some of the short slow-downs people are experiencing.

Thanks,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Mother's Den [Re: LarryLaffer] #104625
01/04/07 15:31
01/04/07 15:31
A
Atsu Offline
Atsu  Offline
A

I posted my computer specs earlier, here: Athlon XP 2100+ (1,73ghz), 512mb ram (333mhz), Radeon 9600 Pro (256mb).

The slowdowns (and by this I mean I cannot even move) I get comes about every two seconds when I move and it's worst, when there are NPC's around. For example, LAB A is jerky as hell, when the agents are around, but when they are dead, the game runs a bit smoother without total slowdowns.

You mentioned something about the Radeon cards, does the issue lie there? I haven't got problems in other games, which have somewhat same system requirements compared to MothersDen what-so-ever. Does the resolution affect much, since I usually play everything with 1024x768? Anyway, I'll update the drivers and get back to you.

If this doesn't prevent participating in the beta, I'll help.

Edit: Ok, I updated the display drivers and it's actually quite playable now, but I still get nasty loadings, probably when it's loading new areas. Fire fights are quite jerky aswell. Anyway, that's probably as good as it's going to get.

Last edited by Atsu; 01/04/07 16:07.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de