Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (7th_zorro), 793 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: PHeMoX] #105095
01/23/07 19:45
01/23/07 19:45
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

I mean really why are people trying so hard to disprove god?

Because then they can make sure their moral frame-of-reference becomes everyone elses'. Its very frustrating for many atheists to watch while homosexuals aren't allowed to marry, etc, and they see this stemming from the bible (basically they don't mind Christians as long as Christians don't have any influence on politics or society in general). Therefore, if they (they not being all atheists, just the activists) can convince people that God doesn't exist, then man becomes the ultimate authority and social progress can be made.

For starters.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: Irish_Farmer] #105096
01/24/07 02:45
01/24/07 02:45
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
Last time i checked the islam was still the biggest religion worldwide. Dunno if attacking a country automaticly converts all its people, so i am not sure about the middle east anymore.

-->..Because then they can make sure their moral frame-of-reference becomes everyone elses'...

yes, because all the terror, the suicide bombing and the [censored] that is going on in the name of whatever has be caused by all those dangerous atheists.
get them! they might plot another "none cursade" or "none 911" as we talk!

-->..Its very frustrating for many atheists to watch while homosexuals aren't allowed to marry..

i doubt that any none homosexual atheist or none atheist would be frustraded.
But hey, 100 years ago people where not allowed to marry black people. Everyone was screaming and yelling.
well i think the atheists will also get this [censored] out of the minds sooner or later, they can wait

But the main point is simple the line "What god has united should not be devided by the people".
So if two homosexuals fall in love, what right do we have to say antything against that?

You dont like it? your problem. I dont like the fact that people like briteny spears are allowed to get children. Still i am in no possition to prohibit this, though i have backup from the genetic side that she shouldnt pass anything into future.

-->..Therefore, if they (they not being all atheists, just the activists) can convince people that God doesn't exist, then man becomes the ultimate authority and social progress can be made.

The mankind is the ultimate power as long you cant prove there is something higher. Simple. The top of the mountain is the top of the mountain no matter what you believe.

back on topic:
I think god would get free. There is a minimum an offence has to be so it can get punished. In relation to god and the eternity a human life is nothing. So if the crime is not big enough no court would care.

And if they still would, god could change into the offense by stating, if he gets punished for killing people, every man on the planet has to be punished as well for killing animals no mater how big. Peta guys dont listen but you wont believe how many lives are stoped by just scratching yourself

Religion seperates people, believe units them.
sooner or later we will have to prohibit religion one way or the other.

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: Blattsalat] #105097
01/24/07 05:48
01/24/07 05:48
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:

yes, because all the terror, the suicide bombing and the [censored] that is going on in the name of whatever has be caused by all those dangerous atheists.
get them! they might plot another "none cursade" or "none 911" as we talk!

Ah, yes. The "all violence will disappear, if only the whole world becomes atheist" argument. Never get tired of that one.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: Irish_Farmer] #105098
01/24/07 05:57
01/24/07 05:57
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
-->..Ah, yes. The "all violence will disappear, if only the whole world becomes atheist" argument....

proof it wrong. oh sorry, forgot yourkind doesnt like proof.

i have not one single time heared the slogan "lets go to war because of no god".
But i have heared a ton of times "lets kill in the name of ...".

simple algebra to me

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: Blattsalat] #105099
01/24/07 13:45
01/24/07 13:45
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
While I have no solid statistics, I would believe in Civilized nations most acts of violence are followed out by people with little or no beliefs. Take Canada for example, you hear of murders all the time in Alberta, mostly in nightclubs, and bars. The majority of murders involves stabbings after a fight or beatings. The large majority of these murders by violence are drug related.

As for religions fighting, I think this is shameful. Another reason why I don't like organized religion but rather follow my own beliefs. This is a problem with organized religion, more often than not, you have a few people making key decisions, and multiples following them blindly. This however is obviously not what the bible intends, but I guess man will try his best to twist anything in their own interests.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: William] #105100
01/26/07 16:58
01/26/07 16:58
Frankfurt
jcl Offline OP

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline OP

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
There are solid statistics: acts of violence are more often committed by religious people, than by Atheists or Agnostics. We normally tend to be peaceful. If you're walking along a dark alley and suddenly hear steps behind you, you better pray that it's an Atheist!

http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Quote:

On topic:
The lawyer that defends God, is he a Christian or atheist?

He is a Christian, God would probably not have hired an Atheist for his defense. It's now the lawyer's turn to speak:

"Your Honor! My client is innocent. The proof is already all around you. If God were really the mad killer as the prosecution depicts him, wouldn't he have eliminated this court in an instant? Isn't the mere fact that you still live proof enough for the innocence of my client? But we're not going to make do with this. During this trial, we will present overwhelming evidence that my client has not killed anyone. On the contrary, my client is a victim. He has not hid in the spider hole out of guilt. He has hid out of shame: shame at all the ridiculous tales, all the slander, all the false accusations against him. We are going to make an end with this. We will unveil the lies. This court will have no choice but a full acquittal. Therefore, we plead: not guilty!"

The courtroom is silent as a grave. The only sound to be heard is a slow grinding of teeth from the prosecutor's table. No one has expected this bold move from the defense. Everyone was ready to hear a long drivel about original sin and ungodly behavior, and lame excuses about rewards in the afterlife. How can the defense lawyer dare to simply plead not guilty, rather than going for a plea bargain? What ace might he have up his sleeve?

Meanwhile the prosecutor has regained his composure. He jumps up and exclaims: "I call God to the witness stand!"

Slowly, God gets up and walks towards the witness box. The court is in for another shock.

Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: jcl] #105101
01/26/07 17:19
01/26/07 17:19
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
jcl, you should be a writer not a programmer

Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: jcl] #105102
01/26/07 17:20
01/26/07 17:20
Z
zazang Offline
User
zazang  Offline
User
Z

Although I'm an atheist,but I have one point.
If god exists and there is magic,then why should the
arguments based on logic be allowed in a courtroom ?

Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: PHeMoX] #105103
01/26/07 19:02
01/26/07 19:02
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

" Some people believe the OS only refers to the very first sin, others think that the very first sin extends to all of humanity"

Why did Jesus Christ sacrifice his life on the cross , then ?
Honestly I dont think there is any doubt about the interpretation of the bible as far as the Original sin is concerned
Few Christians nowadays beleive that a kid who dies in the craddle before being baptized deserves to go to the hell
However this is exactly what the church has been teaching for thousand years

"The better question is, "Why do you think this?" If you read the bible, God hasn't abandoned us. "

I thought it was your opinion (see your previous thread )
May be I misunderstood, I am not an english native speaker
However it might be a sort of God's defense
"Killing a son " is definitly a worse crime than "abandoning a son who did not behave well "

" and your desire shall be toward your husband; and he shall rule over you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I was jocking ,I was referring to my previuos thread " About women attitudes"
I meant, you see.. also the Bible confirm my opinions
Apart of it, this is a classic example how people can twist the Bible whenever
it is convenient to do so
Once again there is no doubt about Bible interpretation
Soem thosuand yeears ago nobody , even the women would argue about this claim
Same as nowadays nobody would argue about the opposite claim ( at least in my country )

Re: God's Defense Strategy [Re: AlbertoT] #105104
01/28/07 08:06
01/28/07 08:06
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

Why did Jesus Christ sacrifice his life on the cross , then ?
Honestly I dont think there is any doubt about the interpretation of the bible as far as the Original sin is concerned

Nevertheless, there is a spectrum of possibilities. Mostly consisting of only two biblically solid cases as far as I can see. Not quite a spectrum, and they're both pretty similar, but whatever.

Quote:

Few Christians nowadays beleive that a kid who dies in the craddle before being baptized deserves to go to the hell

Except a large number of christians (myself included, and just about every christian I know personally) don't believe baptism is necessary for salvation, nor do they believe that babies go to hell.

Quote:

Actually I was jocking ,I was referring to my previuos thread " About women attitudes"
I meant, you see.. also the Bible confirm my opinions
Apart of it, this is a classic example how people can twist the Bible whenever
it is convenient to do so
Once again there is no doubt about Bible interpretation
Soem thosuand yeears ago nobody , even the women would argue about this claim
Same as nowadays nobody would argue about the opposite claim ( at least in my country )

I'm not sure what this is saying.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 01/28/07 08:07.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite