Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 857 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Ayrus] #112170
02/22/07 15:54
02/22/07 15:54
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

Yeah , a reamke of the concept of Cube movie would perhaps be more appropriated
and it seems to be what you want to make even with your own changes.

By seeing you talking money, have a donate link on your page and talking about investors , you seem to be very too much oriented money on your goal.

Like others say , even lot of us have never made a complete game from years ,
so wanting directly to make an mmorpg ,
i think real teams making mmorpg
will prefer to make some standard ones and won't risk in a concept
tha tperhaps not all people like , and it could make a failure.

So yes start small , hire one programmer do four cubes that works with some ennemies and some of your concepts , do a working very small demo , and
if a programmer/3d artist is interested after trying it , sure it will join you.

My only advice my friend

(i don't said others guys posting here won't posted very good advices also,
i don't want another flame war with my very good friends here
that i know appreciate me A LOT )

Last edited by TheExpert; 02/22/07 15:55.
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: TheExpert] #112171
02/22/07 16:51
02/22/07 16:51
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Quote:

(i don't said others guys posting here won't posted very good advices also,
i don't want another flame war with my very good friends here
that i know appreciate me A LOT )

rofl....

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Rhuarc] #112172
02/22/07 18:01
02/22/07 18:01
Brazil
Carloos Offline
User
Carloos  Offline
User

Brazil
humm

Deleted.

Bah

Last edited by Carloos; 02/22/07 22:01.
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: TheExpert] #112173
02/22/07 18:20
02/22/07 18:20
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
While talking about money you forgot to mention the website hycube . com is under auction. Current price $1,470

smile
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: D3D] #112174
02/22/07 19:51
02/22/07 19:51
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Wow , your comedy is just as horrible as your as your game development. LOL

edit: btw carloos , with a game as hideous as indoor cart racing , you really shouldnt be making fun of anyone , put your time to learning how to make a game that doesnt look like something from the atari jaguar.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 02/22/07 19:54.
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #112175
02/22/07 21:59
02/22/07 21:59
Brazil
Carloos Offline
User
Carloos  Offline
User

Brazil
huahuahua

You´re funny also. 4_Whom_do_u_die ...

Anyway, I dont make my game for you, I make for myself.

And because I just love spend my spare time on it. I never saw a Atari like this one you mentioned, but, I never said I made THE RACING GAME. I do the racing game I want to do, the way I can, in the time I have. And I´m proud of all the things I learnt doing it.

I´m not laughing at anyone. I just think people get too serious with newcomers posts. I think if this guy thinks he can do it, so he really can.

There is no reason to attack my projects quality, even because I dont care.

Thinking better, i´m laughing yes. I´m laughing about the way some people try to show everybody that things CANT be done.

Luckily, some people think different.

Anyway, Maybe my sarcastic cube, donated for free and with humour ( also free ) can make your anger rock hearts be a little more amabile.

My post was intented to make fun of all the angry posts against the guy, looks like nobody here never were rookies on Indie Game Developing ( like this proudly noob here - myself ).

What is Indie game dev if not a try to go to your limits and beyond ?

Who wants easy tasks, should wash dishes to mom in da kitchen.

Not disrespect to anyone, I only think life doesnt need to be soooooooooo terrible serious.

Ah, c´mon...

Edit :

well, ok. You were not one in the mass laughing...

But anyway, this doesnt give you rights to offend others. Take care, boss.

Last edited by Carloos; 02/22/07 22:03.
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Carloos] #112176
02/22/07 23:04
02/22/07 23:04
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
LOL , here's a link to the atari jaguar game
http://www.mobygames.com/game/jaguar/checkered-flag/cover-art/gameCoverId,13248/
http://www.mobygames.com/game/jaguar/checkered-flag

The only reason I talked down on your game is because you were being sarcastic about the cube , like u were some dev guru , so i checked out ur link on ur web page and saw that piece of crap ur making , and wondered how someone making such a low quality game could have the guts to be ridiculing someone else's game idea. His website and idea might be bad , but your game is worst , and in fact , the idea is at least somewhat imaginative , rather than an indoor cart game : \ What kind of game are you making ? and who in their right mind would wanna play it ? Have you seen your own work ? Any mario kart from the super nintendo days makes ur game look laughable.
"Anyway, I dont make my game for you, I make for myself.
And because I just love spend my spare time on it. I never saw a Atari like this one you mentioned, but, I never said I made THE RACING GAME. I do the racing game I want to do, the way I can, in the time I have. And I´m proud of all the things I learnt doing it."
I'm sure magicninja feels the same way about his project , so if I shouldnt judge your garbage harshly why should you and everyone else judge his as such ? Dont be too offended , 99% of gamestudio projects are garbage , and 99% of it's users arent capable of creating anything better than something that belongs in the Comodore64. I know some people here mention like 2 or 3 people who actually make money with gamestudio or have actual industry experience , but thats exactly right , 2 or 3 people , if Conitec sold 2 or 3 copies of gamestudio I dont think they would be working on A7 , Conitec has 2 physical locations , and a full staff of people who work on gamestudio 5 days a week , so imagine how many sales they have to make to keep alive , and only 2 3 people were named as successful ones ? And I'd personally question those people's success , (getting a little freelance job here and there isnt really making it) lol. Again , not saying his idea is good or bad , but I am a big fan of the cube movies , and those did really well , let me ask you all this , if anyone woulda come to any of you and pitched the cube movie idea to you , what would you have said ? See , we shouldnt be so harsh on the noobs , I myself get irritated with them sometimes , but , didnt we all start the same , and then started learning , it's a natural progression , in the mind it always seems easy untill you actually get to doing it.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #112177
02/22/07 23:08
02/22/07 23:08
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

I know some people here mention like 2 or 3 people who actually make money with gamestudio or have actual industry experience , but thats exactly right , 2 or 3 people ,

It's probably closer to dozens of people. Most 3DGS users never post on this forum. Some of the best looking projects are posted after they have been worked on for quite some time and by a user that is usually new. They come and post, answer questions, and then disappear until next time. There have been many multiple, "successful" projects made with 3DGS over the years.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Orange Brat] #112178
02/22/07 23:11
02/22/07 23:11
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
So , how many sucesfull projects have YOU done Orange ? I know u've been here for a LONG time.

Re: 3D Cube MMORPG [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #112179
02/22/07 23:17
02/22/07 23:17
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

I've done and am still working on one project and only one. I don't work on it 7 days a week, but when I do I'm pretty productive. It has taken so long because of my periods of inactivity, and these periods have nothing to do with funding or anything like that. It's simply life, and learning the ropes and getting motivated. I'm currently in the process of spending several hundred dollars of my own money to obtain character model assets and animations, so this is no hobby project. IMHO, it is one of the 3DGS that has some chance of being a success. I have no doubt I can and will produce a quality product, however the trick will be getting the word out and that's an art form that people have written many books about.

There's not really any need to get defensive and start screaming at me, either. I simply addressed an inaccurate point made that has no basis in fact. It's an assumption based on hearsay, however yes I've been around a long time, and I have a strong memory and know a few things. There's a lot of 3DGS use out there...not all of it obvious, but it amounts to more than three.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de