by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, dr_panther), 821 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: IS blender better than 3dgs??? [Re: Aaron] #113192
02/26/07 02:18
02/26/07 02:18
london uk/ paris
S
sueds Offline
sueds  Offline
S

london uk/ paris
sure I admit graphics are better than 3dgs but it's depend how you use it

look a thoses games they are good and horrible it's depends ...

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11430

I'm a noob in 3dgs and all I know it's modeling from other program. Right now I was testing the engien and it's quite powerfull

I seems people don't go throught 3dgs real capacity.

their is many features in blender for modeling but not that much for games ... And now with the shader you can give organics shape and looks

look at intense AI

The script look great but graphics aren't good at all and the question you can ask

Is it the best you can do with this engine ? I'm not talking back shoulder about the developper but many game lacks of good modeling

I'm not a programmer (just a bit but my code are always wrong) I'm just talking to the artists and modelers

your game can be great if your modeling skills are so low.

And it's the reason you must think blender is more powerfull but look at those games and compare

and you are right it's better to wait

there will be a ogre plugin and things will change

( sorry if my english is missy)

Re: IS blender better than 3dgs??? [Re: sueds] #113193
03/29/07 10:54
03/29/07 10:54
Germany
Thracian Offline
Thracian  Offline

Germany
Sorry that i warm-up this thread, but i thought it´d be stupid to create an new one with the same title. After having read the comments above i´d not use blender instead of 3dgs, but is it a good ideo to use blender instead of MED, or just only for modeling and not for animation? i think the blender models look very good, but i´m not sure wether MED can do nearly the same? So who does know?
Best regards, Thracian

------------------------

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
Re: IS blender better than 3dgs??? [Re: Thracian] #113194
03/30/07 12:56
03/30/07 12:56
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Quote:

I think the blender models look very good, but i´m not sure wether MED can do nearly the same? So who does know?

MED used to be a tool mainly meant for importing stuff into 3dgs and tweaking models, dunno what it is nowadays though. Some new features have stepped into med, but blender still far exceeds MED feature vise.

The blender game engine is capable of rendering very nice graphics, especially after the GLSL shader support came in, but the speed of the engine aint too good for big levels. Some guys are intergrating Crystal Space to blender and they showed a very nice tech demo on Blender Conference 2006 which (if I saw correctly) had HDR and all the current-gen eye candy stuff. However you might be better off not betting on the Crystal Space integration because there probably aint a public stable version for it yet.

Ogre is also being intergrated into blender as a plug in. The current plan seems to be that a plug in system will be integrated for external engines, but who knows how long it takes before it is released? Fortunately summer holidays are coming so we'll see what happens during that time when it comes .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de