Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 792 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: LarryLaffer] #115086
03/09/07 09:17
03/09/07 09:17
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Quote:

I'll soon get down to writting a manual section for more advanced users (and by advanced, i mean, people who know the basics of c-script). It will be very possible to add IntenseX to any existing project, and choose which features you want to 'pick' from it.

I've got a question concerning this. I'm developing a kart racing game, the A.I is already done for the racing part. I basically use wed's paths, and set up multiple strings of paths with multiple diversions ect. and the A.I follows these and changes speeds determined on many factors(difficulty, and all that comes with it). Weapons also have their own A.I.

But what i've been tossing around in my head is to have some sort of deathmatch A.I for battle mode, and was wondering how hard it would be to use your pathfinding/node functions and have karts follow paths, find other karts, if their health is low, run away, ect. without running into walls. Nothing too complex, but something a little more than Mario Kart:DS, which had battle mode A.I, but all they did was follow paths like in racing, at a slower pace, and randomly shoot their items. You can make this approach dynamic, but the A.I sure didn't chase you down or anything like that.

So basically, is it really possible to have some kart A.I that is kind of intense? The karts don't need to face eachother as the weapons are turrets, and use their own lock-on systems, and the projectile weapons can just as easily hit you by bouncing off walls. They just need go anywhere in an arena level, avoid driving into walls, if they scan a player, chase them, if the player doesn't run, stop, if they dont have a weapon run away and get one, ect.

I guess a game that might have had something similar would be the twisted metal/vigilante 8 games. I remember vehicles racing around arenas blasting each other, picking up power ups, and going back to blast each other. No fancy strafe stuff, just good chases, ect.

I'm asking this because I don't want to spend too much time developing the battle mode A.I, as it's already set up for multiplayer, and I could use the time for other features. But your A.I scripts, if dynamic enough(not a tangle of code like the A6 templates), could pose a good solution for possibly making things a bit better when I get around to this.

Also, where can I buy the A.I? And is upgrades possible when the pro version is released? I'll probably purchase it regardless of this being possible, just to check it out.

Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: William] #115087
03/09/07 11:32
03/09/07 11:32
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello,

Jikito, i've put Intense Dialogues down since i'm working on a new version for it, that will be part of IntenseX Commercial. If you check the forums often, you'll be able to get IntenseX Commercial in its beta, like you did with Basic, so you won't have to wait as long as the final version being released. Still, i got no idea on the date yet

William,

Quote:

So basically, is it really possible to have some kart A.I that is kind of intense?

So what you're saying is, you want some kind of... intense AI? I think you came to the right place

But no, it's not possible yet... The pathfinding and everything would work a ok, but I haven't implemented car movement yet.. It's not the first time i've thought about this, and there are good chances that I'll be implementing one in higher IntenseX editions. But if you don't like messing about with code, don't buy anything yet and watch how things go...

The difference in car movement is mainly the fact that cars need a configurable acceleration/deacceleration value, and if they're not some kind of tanks, then they also need to be travelling with some speed before they can perform turns. If you have a movement like that already, I could help you implement it in IntenseX Basic to get some satisfactory results, or IntenseX Commercial(when it's out) so you can get the karts-looking-for-weapons features and everything... But there's a good chance i'll give it a go for car movement myself, so i'd just stay tuned...

You can upgrade from any version, to any higher version by paying the price different plus 5-10 euro merchant fees. Currently, no IntenseX edition is on sale. I'm trying my best to get IntenseX Plus Beta out as soon as possible!

Cheers!
Aris

ps: I can't express how much i love car deathmatch games! I hope yours goes well and you get a demo out soon! I used to play the 4 player split-screen Xtreme game in my a1200 for hours...days!! you'd get to shoot all kinds of weird weapons at your opponents, like running sheep, bananas, guided missiles... good times..

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: LarryLaffer] #115088
03/10/07 04:03
03/10/07 04:03
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Thanks for the info Larry! I'll purchase the A.I and mess around with it a bit once released, don't feel pressured to create vehicle A.I or anything. Also, nice to hear your into car combat as well, I've always enjoyed these types of games.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: William] #115089
06/10/07 15:20
06/10/07 15:20
Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...
Andreas C Offline
Andreas C  Offline

Hamburg, Germany / Springfield...

Larry,

sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I assume that IntenseX will be compatible with A7 (Lite-C) ?

I can't wait to actually buy and try it ... (well, actually I can wait, of course)

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: Andreas C] #115090
06/12/07 06:58
06/12/07 06:58
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
IntenseX was written in C-script so it needs correction to work with Lite-C unless i've missed something.

smile
Re: Intense_X AI questions [Re: D3D] #115091
06/12/07 11:27
06/12/07 11:27
Spain, Canary Islands
Felixsg Offline
User
Felixsg  Offline
User

Spain, Canary Islands
Quote:

IntenseX was written in C-script so it needs correction to work with Lite-C unless i've missed something.

But gamestudio a7 still suport c-script
the problem are in the future when not support
but think we can use intenseX until that and
larry have time to change the languaje

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de