by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Quad, VoroneTZ, 1 invisible), 862 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #121779
04/12/07 08:16
04/12/07 08:16
Netherlands
bstudio Offline
User
bstudio  Offline
User

Netherlands
I think next-gen is a matter of taste, for example person 1 finds a certain game next-gen as another person thinks it isn't when you compare it to another game. Though i don't think Frank's games are N64 or PS1 quality, there much higher.

And now stop bashing each other

Last edited by bstudio; 04/12/07 08:16.

BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN.
Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: bstudio] #121780
04/12/07 08:20
04/12/07 08:20
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
I'll give you that , they are higher quality than playstation 1 games , but they certainly arent playstation 2 quality , or xbox quality , or gamecube quality , so where are they , in between ps 1 and 2 ? LOL . Thats still VERY far away from PS3

Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #121781
04/12/07 08:43
04/12/07 08:43
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
I don't think developing Gears of War has any relation to Frank stating he has multiple instances of commercial game and normal mapping experience. I've also purchased some of his resources, there all top quality, normalmaps are great, really nothing much more to say on that.

Viva Pinata looks to be a pretty cool game. I think the fur shader really helps it achieve that Pinata look, but can see where some of it might be overkill. I think Kameo had some overkill as well in this area, but it was released as a system seller, so naturally it had things like parallax mapping. I'd probably have picked both up if I owned an 360(waiting for Banjo Kazooie 3, then I buy one).

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: William] #121782
04/12/07 09:06
04/12/07 09:06
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

I don't want to feed the troll any more.

Just a little note: Our previous games are not my games, I was only a part of the team. They are cartoon kids games and work with FFP or shader 1.x (only for terrain multi-texturing). They should work on old machines in Serbia, Croatia, Hungary and so on.

I never claimed them to be next-gen. I only said that we are working on new commercial packs that are aimed to deliver present- and next-gen artworks. And I said that I have experience with normal-mapping and with commercial games (not normal-mapping in commercial games).
WhyDoIDie turns words around so that they fit into his little world where he is the central of the absolute truth (he claimed to tell facts).

BStudio: I am not a "basher" and try to keep it that way. I simply do not like the insulting behaviour of this "troll" WhyDoIDie. Most of his posts start with "crap", "stupid" and other insulting words and often end in a flame war. You can just search for his latest posts and will see it yourself.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Machinery_Frank] #121783
04/12/07 09:39
04/12/07 09:39
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
All my first post said was that indie's with really no money shouldnt make shaders and normal mapping a priority for their games , i.e. looking at viva pinata , and thinking , wow , thats a nice style , i guess I need a normal mapping shader, a bloom shader , a parallax mapping shader , an HDR shader , and so on , and work on that just to later on realize , hey wait , what about a game to put all this garbage to use on. Thats how most gamestudio users operate , see something they like , spend time finding out how it's done , spend a ton of time trying to get that working on gamestudio , and sometimes , when they actually get it to work on gamestudio , all that follows is a tiny demo of a shader or whatever working in a 1 room level , and thats it , no game. LOL. We have successfully added normal mapping shader , couple water shaders , terrain shaders , bloom shader , hdr shader , and a ton of extra post processing ones someone was very kind to donate , as well as Matt's incredible contribution , SPHERE , and there's STILL NO GAME. LOL . That was why I was replying , sure , it's possible to replicate viva pinatas shaders on gamestudio if one tries hard enough , but then thats all you will have , a bunch of working shaders , just like you already have a working engine , and again , no decent game to use this nice stuff one. It should work the other way around , have a game idea , then create a full design document stating every detail of the game , from looks to gameplay to everything , then visualize how the game should look , and once all that is done , figure out how you can make it look the way you want it to , and get to work. Then again , this is the shaders forum , so the question from the poster fit the criteria , but my comment was only a comment , and directed to him , not you Frank , yet you felt like you should say something to me about my comment rather than comment on the posters question , so I think if anyone is breaking the rules it's you. Btw , it's hilarous for you to be reporing this to a MOD . LOL LOL LOL LOL. Yes it's that funny , that you have to turn to mommy and daddy to protect you from my posts.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 04/12/07 09:57.
Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #121784
04/12/07 09:51
04/12/07 09:51
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline OP
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline OP
Serious User

San Francisco
don't make me pull this car over

Quote:

so I think if anyone is braking the rules it's you

Frank, stop braking the rules

yeah William, I agree kameo was overkill, normal mapping everywhere, choking on it! Banjo Kazooie 3, though, yum that I want.

Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: JetpackMonkey] #121785
04/12/07 10:02
04/12/07 10:02
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Look at this post:
He writes without any paragraphs, repeats every statement and blames other people for his lack of understanding.

After that he insults me again to be a kid hiding behind mom and dead (the moderator). He still does not realize the truth that I am able to defend myself with words and even physically. And I even have to use his mother-tongue that makes it a bit more difficult to me. But the behaviour and the facts will speak for themselves.

But I cannot ban or warn him officially. A moderator is needed in that case. And since he insults people very often in theses forums it was time to notify a moderator. Otherwise he never stops this behaviour.

His statement to make a game first and then go for visuals is also not the truth and lacks some serious experiences. You have to check your tool-set first. It makes no sense to create a fantastic game and after that you realize that you have no real-time shadows and cannot create very important visual effects that you need for the game-play.

You have to check the work-flow first. And that is what many people are doing when they start to create sample levels, shaders or try to find a way to get baked shadows into the engine.
If you do that afterwards then you might be in a dead-end with no way out.

Besides that other people only want to have fun with some sample scenes and do not want to finish a game (or give it up). There is no rule that should tell them what is the "truth". The "truth" of WhyDoIDie is just his personal meaning.

Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: JetpackMonkey] #121786
04/12/07 10:05
04/12/07 10:05
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Btw , Banjo Koozie 3 ? What are you all 6 yrs old ? I still dont understand why Rare went from making the Insanely cool Killer Instinct games to making the weird Banjo Koozie games , it's so sad , and unexplicable. Maybe it was due to the extreme success of the Donkey Kong games , which I myself love , but Killer Instinct was massively popular as well , Banjo Koozie on the other hand is a complete pile of crap with lifeless boring characters and retarded gameplay. Forget about Banjo Koozie , make a Killer Instinct 3 , with normal mapping : ) LOL. Seriously , we need another Killer Instinct , look at how many street fighters we have , capcom obviously knows and understands how to milk a good franchise , Rare on the otherhand seems a bit clueless on this department , they seem to try to milk the bad ones. Man , even Mortal Kombat keeps up to date with whats going on , and people receive it with open arms , RARE , MAKE ANOTHER KILLER INSTINCT AND FORGET ABOUT MAKING GAMES FOR TODDLERS AND GRANDMAS , do you have no dignity ? catering to children and seniors ? LOL

Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #121787
04/12/07 10:14
04/12/07 10:14
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
LOL , check your toolset first ? LOL , what ever happened to do the best with what you have ? You ever played nintendo games and super nintendo games ? lol , no real time shadows ? Oh well , I guess i'll just have to pull out a million dollars from my wallet to buy the CryEngine or the Unreal 3 Engine , and maybe pull out another million to hire a ton of modelers and animators to make my models. LOL. If we were all millionaires and could afford to top quality engines we wouldnt be here using gamestudio , we use gamestudio because it's the best in it's price range , if it doest support dynamic shadows then , uh , uh , uh , maybe we just wont use them and work around it , just like every other developer has in the past. Wow , you still wanna be taken seriously after making such stupid comments ? lol

Re: Viva Pinata's shaders and materials [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #121788
04/12/07 10:17
04/12/07 10:17
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

He writes in Caps and again calls other people stupid.

I really hope that a moderator stops this very soon!

I will not comment any of this. It speaks for itself.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de