Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 975 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124259
04/20/07 00:45
04/20/07 00:45
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Read the Word. I didnt make any promise. He did. ;-) You are so against the Bible yet you have no clue at all what it says. Agree? I say don't complain about a Biblical related comment until you have read the Bible.

You don't know much about me, but I've went to a Christian high school, 7 years in total (from 11 till 18 years old), so don't come with 'don't comment because you don't know or have read the Bible' statements. I'm well aware what's in there, I'm probably better informed than most atheists are.

Quote:

Read the Word. I didnt make any promise. He did.

No, God didn't came down to earth and made us a promise in person, so sorry try again. The author of the Bible is not God, according to you God is not physical, but spiritual, right? Well, spirits can't write, I think we can both agree on that. You are making that promise while pointing to the Bible as in "look there you see I can make this promise", whilst in reality you could have also said "I can give you peace, just believe in me".

Quote:

I dont have a clue about any other religion, but in Christianity you are just getting a fair warning.

Right ... still, doesn't the Bible also say non-believers are going to burn in hell? Sounds more like a threat than a fair warning to me.

Quote:

Your excuse to God will never be "I didnt know."

Again there's the threat I was talking about earlier. From where we both stand now there's really no way we could possibly say 'okey, that's the truth right there', so no a "I didn't know" excuse is still just as valid as before.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124260
04/20/07 01:11
04/20/07 01:11
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

You don't know much about me, but I've went to a Christian high school, 7 years in total (from 11 till 18 years old), so don't come with 'don't comment because you don't know or have read the Bible' statements. I'm well aware what's in there, I'm probably better informed than most atheists are.

Your right, I dont know you. I do know that most Christians have no clue as to what the Bible says. I cannot judge you but I can see you for who you have shown yourself to be. A example is the argument you showed for e-sword. Totally wrong yet you would not at least check yourself. I was trying to explain other writings of about Jesus and yet you firmly went against me saying that your word was fact. Was it? I say that you open your mind. Look at the facts and get beyond your ego.

Quote:

No, God didn't came down to earth and made us a promise in person, so sorry try again.

You try again on a topic that your obviously not well aware of. ;-)

I thought you read it? lol Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, the Word of God, the image of a invisible God. He made the promise thus God did come down. Your not showing me that you read it. ;-) This is getting funny.

Quote:

Sounds more like a threat than a fair warning to me.

To you and other atheist I am sure it does. Just like homosexuals think that the Bible is off for going against them. If you are guilty and do not have the desire to make your life right, then of course you will be offended.

You must be seriously bored to invite yourself into a Christian to Christian topic. But then again this is a open forum. ;-) Cheers

@zazang

Quote:

and that explains the bloody crusades..

Not everyone that claims to be a Christian actually is one. "Christian".. to follow Christ, to live by His example.. to try our best to live as He requested. Did war, killing, lying or anything that is bad come from His mouth in the form of a commandment? I like a decent conversation but you are simply not providing one. If you knew about Jesus Christ you would understand that your last "argument" makes no sense. Read His teachings and then come back with a valid argument. ;-)

I am only saying what is obvious, you have little knowledge of Christianity from what you have shown... far less knowledge of Islam. If you are atheist it is best you look up these subjects so that you are well informed before you choose to "not believe" and begin your slander. If you are a man of morals then I do applaude you.. we dont see many of those kind these days even in Christianity. Or so called Christianity. If you have morals and you are a good man of sound judgement then I challenge you to search every fact you can find about our world.. about other religions.. about Jesus. What makes sense and what does not?

I do have a question for you. Atheist and Muslim alike. Is this conversation needed? You have surly come in on a conversation that had nothing to do with you. (Christian Cafe is the topic) I'll give you my word on one thing. If you claim that nothing I said has at the very least made you think twice then I will leave this alone and let God deal with you.

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 04/20/07 02:46.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124261
04/20/07 02:22
04/20/07 02:22
Z
zazang Offline
User
zazang  Offline
User
Z

Thank you..I am good n fair to people..thats sufficient ;-)
Ofcourse..sorry for interrupting a christian cafe..am out !

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: zazang] #124262
04/20/07 05:13
04/20/07 05:13
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
Quote:

Trust in HIM and forget all else. There is a peace that comes then and only then.

Thats got to be the dumbest thing I've seen today. Of course if you forget everything you will have peace ...

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: xXxGuitar511] #124263
04/20/07 10:46
04/20/07 10:46
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

I'll reword it for you then. Place God before your friends, family, school.. try to honor Him in your conversations, be willing to give up any material thing in life for His sake if needed. That is a short example so you know exactly what I meant by "forget".

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124264
04/20/07 12:44
04/20/07 12:44
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

A example is the argument you showed for e-sword. Totally wrong yet you would not at least check yourself.

Actually, I was right, e-sword is full of errors. It's a source similar to the dozens of answeringgenesis.org clones ...

Quote:

Look at the facts and get beyond your ego.

I'd recommend you to look at the real facts, you didn't even took the time to look-up the errors in e-sword. There are even some biblical passages that are simply quoted wrong. It's all out there and it has nothing to do with me ego. Like I said in that topic, you should look for it yourself, especially because you believe in it so blindly. Lol, talking about ego ...

Quote:

You try again on a topic that your obviously not well aware of. ;-)

I thought you read it? lol Jesus Christ was God manifest in the flesh, the Word of God, the image of a invisible God. He made the promise thus God did come down. Your not showing me that you read it. ;-) This is getting funny.

Did you live back then? No. Did you know that Jesus was VOTED to be the son of God? Apparently you ignore all that. Fine, but don't claim things you can't claim.

I've read it, yes, but there's no reason to believe it.

Quote:

To you and other atheist I am sure it does. Just like homosexuals think that the Bible is off for going against them. If you are guilty and do not have the desire to make your life right, then of course you will be offended.

Wow, you've completely managed to miss my point. I am not guilty at all, it's just a simple matter of psychology ... Christianity threatens everyone actually, not just the real guilty.

Quote:

You must be seriously bored to invite yourself into a Christian to Christian topic. But then again this is a open forum.

Hey, I'm not the one who made it personal pal , you started saying I never read the bible and things like that. I'm by far not offended though, that takes a lot more, I'm just in this topic because it interests me. And yeah, in my curiosity I do wonder how you people defend certain ideas. I'm glad this is an open forum and I thought we were having a relatively peaceful discussion?

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124265
04/20/07 15:04
04/20/07 15:04
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Conversation is always good yet I tried to keep this one between Christians. Debate is good when the topic is open to it. :-) As for getting personal.. I am just replying to comments just like you.

Quote:

Actually, I was right, e-sword is full of errors.

Thats not what I am talking about. You said the writings of Flavius Josephus could not be studied in e-sword. (even after me and NITRO both disputed you several times) Just so you know, I dont rely solely on that tool.. it is just the quickest and best imo.

Quote:

Did you live back then? No. Did you know that Jesus was VOTED to be the son of God? Apparently you ignore all that. Fine, but don't claim things you can't claim.

Someone may have voted. It doesnt matter the outcome of that vote. He cannot be changed . He is who he claimed to be and thats not based on a vote. I would have to ask you.. did you live back then? You can show me facts to sway my faith? If so please do.

Quote:

Christianity threatens everyone actually, not just the real guilty.

In your opinion of course.. but its not a threat. Warning is given so that you are not standing in ignorance on judgment day.

Quote:

Hey, I'm not the one who made it personal pal , you started saying I never read the bible and things like that.

Its not personal. You just do not show any knowledge of the Bible. Your answers and replies are based on opinion obviously.

Quote:

And yeah, in my curiosity I do wonder how you people defend certain ideas. I'm glad this is an open forum and I thought we were having a relatively peaceful discussion?

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history. I respect any information you provide that comes from a good source unless otherwise noted by "imo". :-)

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124266
04/21/07 06:50
04/21/07 06:50
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Quote:

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history.

So, why do you like the bible so much, then? Why not study the modern history of the Japanese economy or the history or the period of the three kingdoms in China. More fact, less superstition. Not only that, doesn't Middle Eastern religious law and ancient history, especially as presented in the bible, get boring after a while?

Last edited by A.Russell; 04/21/07 06:50.
Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: Kinji_2007] #124267
04/21/07 13:09
04/21/07 13:09
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

I like simple conversations where at least most of the information is based on fact or writings or even proven history.

Writings are not facts, nor proven history and I haven't come across any real 'facts' just yet when it comes to the talk about religion from the Christian side, so what exactly are you aiming at here and what do you expect?

Quote:

I respect any information you provide that comes from a good source unless otherwise noted by "imo". :-)

My original point back when I brought up the problems with e-sword was the fact that you people put way to much faith in websites like answeringgenesis.org and programs like e-sword. Contrary to what you believe you can't "study" with that program at all, you can only base conclusions on what that program provides you with. If there are multiple errors in it, in fact some very similar errors like you can read on some pro-Christian sites, the integrity is gone. Everyone here will agree that most of the 'answeringgenesis.org' clones are rather crappy as source and if that's your idea of a 'good source' then I can and will stop talking right now. We've refuted all arguments that ever came from such sites, there's really a lot of nonsense on these sites. I know plenty of Christians who never ever would even bring up such sites in a serious discussion, yet creationists tend to use those sites over and over for some reason..

Cheers

Re: Christian Cafe' [Re: PHeMoX] #124268
04/22/07 23:46
04/22/07 23:46
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Quote:

based on fact OR writings

Read slowly for a better unstanding.

Quote:

Contrary to what you believe you can't "study" with that program at all, you can only base conclusions on what that program provides you with.

Sure you can as long as its not your only source. Unlike the most of you I do actually have a Bible to cross-reference. lol

As for the Japanese econony.. :-) I shouldnt study it at all. What I should be doing is writing in a japanese forum telling them about God. Some things are more important than others.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite