Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/18/24 10:45
StartWeek not working as it should
by Zheka. 04/18/24 10:11
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
lookback setting performance issue
by 7th_zorro. 04/16/24 03:08
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/15/24 09:36
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:48
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 692 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Christian Life, are you saved? #127286
04/30/07 01:21
04/30/07 01:21
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

Christian to Christian. I am learning and of course I study the Word trying to find answers. I am convinced that I know what most people in the world think about us. I know what atheists think about us. Now I would like to know what you think about "us". Better than passing judgment on a brother I would rather you explain yourself. When you talk about Christians today it is much easier to point your finger at yourself and start explaiing there. So a few simple questions that may help me understand things better. Please involve yourself in this topic if you claim Christianity. I want to know how we work as a whole.

1) Are you saved?

2) Why are you saved? Do you have a scripture to back up your thought?

3) Do you feel like you live according to the Bible to the best of your ability?

I am searching for truth beyond my current knowledge and perhaps beyond yours. If you clai to be a Christian then you of course are required to help a brother in need. I need your answers.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127287
04/30/07 02:06
04/30/07 02:06
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

1) Are you saved?

YES.
Quote:

Because I believe the scripture which says: "Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Quote:

3) Do you feel like you live according to the Bible to the best of your ability?

Do you mean the laws_of_the_Bible? Of course I live them to the best of my ability, but everyone is in a different place. Its very easy for me to not lie,steal and kill, but it is not so easy for me to not judge or be angry. Some sins are easier for me to avoid than others. And just because someone else is having an easier time than me doesnt me that they are better or holier than me. We all get judged not on our own merit, but on Jesus' blood.

However, the laws of the Bible are a very small part of it. I am generally more interested in the help I need for daily strength which I get from reading the promises and prayer. Sometimes I fast, but generally for a short day or two. And I usually fast for health reasons rather than spiritual, but there are some spiritual benefits from it.

Quote:

I am searching for truth beyond my current knowledge and perhaps beyond yours. If you clai to be a Christian then you of course are required to help a brother in need. I need your answers.

We all need answers, but the Bible is easy to understand, even a child can understand it, I thought the number one kinji rule was K.I.S.S(keep it simple stupid)

We all need answers, but be careful what you might do to get the answers, because sometimes the pursuit of them can bring you to places that you never wanted to go. You can easily find yourself lost, with no way home

Quote:

Jon 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.

Make sure that you are pure in your intentions and that your heart is right and God will show you whatever you want.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127288
04/30/07 02:44
04/30/07 02:44
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

As always I appreciate your comments. :-)

Quote:

We all need answers, but the Bible is easy to understand, even a child can understand it, I thought the number one kinji rule was K.I.S.S(keep it simple stupid)

Simple is the way to go. I knock heads with people who stray from this rule. I do find myself wrapped in God in such a way that I think the simple things have been forsaken by most of us. Read it as it is, teach it as it is and live it as is is. Spiritual problems to some of us are far worse than those of real life. Agree? We realize that our soul and God is at stake. I push harder when I come to a border. The border in this case is the life I see and the God I know. We as a whole are in trouble if we do not look beyond what we have been taught. Even more important in my case, look beyond your own interpretation of the Word and just see it simply as it is. Not gonna comment to much now because I admit I know nothing. If you would have ask me 6 months ago I would have most likely listed 5 scriptures to denounce anything you have bad to say about Jesus. I am in ignorance now and simply seek the truth.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127289
04/30/07 03:30
04/30/07 03:30
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
I'm just gonna stay out of this one...

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: xXxGuitar511] #127290
05/01/07 14:08
05/01/07 14:08
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

I'm just gonna stay out of this one...

Too late...

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127291
05/02/07 03:33
05/02/07 03:33
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

1) Are you saved?

Yes, I think so, but I'll tell you for sure, once I make it there.
Quote:

Yes, well there used to be ANIMAL blood sacrifices, but the bible below tells us that we are saved by GODS sacrifice alone.
Quote:

Hebrews 9:13-14
The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Quote:

Yes, I've been "programming" all my life.

I started learning C-Script from the "Master Kinji" back in 2002.

I'm trying to use that programming ability every day and work on games, to make things that glorify God. Is that living? Yeah, I think so?

Or maybe I'm just dieing at my keyboard?

AAGGHHH, I HAVE TO FINISH IT!!!

Last edited by Ran Man; 05/02/07 03:37.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Ran Man] #127292
05/08/07 02:19
05/08/07 02:19
K
Kinji_2007 Offline OP
Kinji_2007  Offline OP
K

@RanMan
Sorry for such harsh questions. Those are the ones I ask myself. I simply wish to learn more from your answers. ;-)

@Guitar
We are going somewhere. Dont trust anyone as your source. (anyone living) Faith and a small amount of resourch will lead you to the path if you actually wish to find it.
This path may not go along with that dubbed "Christianity" but I search for it and hope you will also.

Just to make clear the statement above.. I believe the Word is all we have that we can hold true. Mans interpretation is not trust worthy. Read it, live it and youll be ok. In this day.. who is willing to live it?

Last edited by Kinji_2007; 05/08/07 02:34.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127293
05/08/07 13:26
05/08/07 13:26
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Just to make clear the statement above.. I believe the Word is all we have that we can hold true. Mans interpretation is not trust worthy. Read it, live it and youll be ok. In this day.. who is willing to live it?

Isn't the Word an "interpretation" of man too because it was written down? It was written down by man in man's language and not by God. Can we write down God's thoughts? If not, the Bible, if you believe in it, doesn't even come close to the real truth.

As for 'willing to live it', perhaps you're talking about something different, but I think a lot of religious people are not willing to. Instead, they're searching for an escape, a happy end and really seem to be more involved with their after-life than with their current lives.

I can understand that religious people think it's important, since they believe their after-life will be eternal, but when it comes to living, religious people seem to have a radically different view about what's truly important and thus are not willing to live it, instead they seem to be waiting for their time to come. Do you guys ever reach spiritual peace?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Kinji_2007] #127294
05/08/07 15:49
05/08/07 15:49
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Quote:

1) Are you saved?

Yep

Quote:

Rom 10:9 covers it pretty well. I believe that Jesus Christ died for me, is the Son of God, and I accept him as my Saviour.

Quote:

This is a double-edged question, really. Do I feel I do? Definitely not. Do I try? Yes. And this is where I'll elaborate

Generally, in relation to the Christian community as a whole, I tend to disagree with some common schools of thought on controversial subjects. A lot of Christians would say I'm a terrible representation of Christianity: I curse, I am pessimistic, I'm not uplifting to others, I don't go witnessing to people, I don't even go to church much these days. And honestly, I agree wholeheartedly- I'm terrible. But I would also point the finger right back; there is no Christian in this world that is "good," nor are they a shining example of Christianity. We all are fallen people and we all screw up.

The fact of the matter is that it isn't about pointing the finger. It isn't about comparing yourself to other Christians in your "walk with Christ" to tell if you are a "good Christian." It's about your relationship with Christ- and that's between just you and Him, not anyone else.

The priest at the church I've attended on and off for the last few months has become a good friend of my Fiancee and I, and over lunch we were talking about this very subject. He put it different than I had heard before, but it struck home. He explained how much time we could put into "following the rules." Not swearing, uplifting others, going to Church, reading your Bible regularly, etc. Not that these aren't things you should work on, but when it becomes the focus of Christian life, there is a disconnect. He continued on, saying that instead of trying to achieve these things, decide what is moral, that he thought it was better to first try to do the best you can with what you're given. If I swear, so what? That's God's place to judge, and if it isn't hurting anyone, so be it; forget about it unless it becomes a problem and instead focus on helping the poor, being there for your friend who needs someone to talk to, and other things that are focused on others rather than yourself.

Another person that had a great number of things to say was one of my favorite authors, Donald Miller. I saw him last fall for a talk he gave, followed by a book signing; he talked about how "free market economy" had been infiltrating everything in society. Sounds a like an odd way to start talking about God. Then he asked the question,"How many of you have heard that Jesus would fix all your problems?" Everyone raised their hands. Then he asked, "Is there anyone here that doesn't have any problems?" Noone raised their hand. Even Christianity is being marketed, "Jesus will fix your problems, Jesus will make you happy" just like a new car will make your happy, or a new cleaning solution for your kitchen will fix all your family's problems and everyone will walk around with smiles on their faces (you know you've seen the commercials). That's advertising, sell people things saying they will fix all kinds of problems that aren't even related to the product. The he made his point "Jesus is one shitty product." Silence. "Face it, he isn't a cure-all, he isn't a magic product that fixes all of life's problems. In fact, he said that the road would be hard. He never said it was a cake walk." Jesus can't be marketed, he can't be sold. He isn't a product. He's the solution to a gap man created between themselves and God, not a genie. This doesn't mean Jesus won't fix those problems, that he won't help you overcome obstacles put in front of you, but that isn't his first concern. His first concern is loving you, you loving Him, and Him taking you to a life of eternity with Him. Christianity isn't a utopia, it's more like the front-line of a war. You may be persecuted, you will be misunderstood, you'll be ridiculed, and so on.

We're saved because we believe, not because we do good works, or because we follow the Law. It's because we believe.

Disclaimer: I know a lot of Christians will disagree with some of what I said, I've heard the arguments before- just know that this is only a small tidbit of the whole picture.. and is probably firstly difficult to fully understand, and also still probably contrary to you what you believe.

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Rhuarc] #127295
05/08/07 15:57
05/08/07 15:57
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Another person that had a great number of things to say was one of my favorite authors, Donald Miller. I saw him last fall for a talk he gave, followed by a book signing; he talked about how "free market economy" had been infiltrating everything in society. Sounds a like an odd way to start talking about God. Then he asked the question,"How many of you have heard that Jesus would fix all your problems?" Everyone raised their hands. Then he asked, "Is there anyone here that doesn't have any problems?" Noone raised their hand. Even Christianity is being marketed, "Jesus will fix your problems, Jesus will make you happy" just like a new car will make your happy, or a new cleaning solution for your kitchen will fix all your family's problems and everyone will walk around with smiles on their faces (you know you've seen the commercials). That's advertising, sell people things saying they will fix all kinds of problems that aren't even related to the product. The he made his point "Jesus is one shitty product." Silence. "Face it, he isn't a cure-all, he isn't a magic product that fixes all of life's problems. In fact, he said that the road would be hard. He never said it was a cake walk." Jesus can't be marketed, he can't be sold. He isn't a product. He's the solution to a gap man created between themselves and God, not a genie. This doesn't mean Jesus won't fix those problems, that he won't help you overcome obstacles put in front of you, but that isn't his first concern. His first concern is loving you, you loving Him, and Him taking you to a life of eternity with Him. Christianity isn't a utopia, it's more like the front-line of a war. You may be persecuted, you will be misunderstood, you'll be ridiculed, and so on.

Yeah, that's mainly why I don't like organized religion, or at least why I don't like churches. What's that famous quote again? I think it was:

"How much money does Jesus need anyways, I thought he was in the saving business?"

Pretty much enough said, I agree that it's about what you believe in, not what you do. Some are physically limited in what they can do, so it would be unfair in respect to this equal love. Or does Jesus love some more than others?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite