Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
MT5 bridge not working on MT5 v. 5 build 4160
by EternallyCurious. 04/25/24 20:49
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/24/24 20:04
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
Scripts not found
by juergen_wue. 04/20/24 18:51
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, AndrewAMD), 822 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: EX Citer] #127336
05/16/07 19:50
05/16/07 19:50
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

Are you saved?

I think he means " ARE YOU GOING TO HEAVEN?"
Because, if you're not saved, then no you are not.

Yes, Falwell was a good man.
He was "despised" and ridiculed because he was a good man.

That is what we animals do to good men. We despise, ridicule and kill them down here.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Ran Man] #127337
05/16/07 20:26
05/16/07 20:26
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Ohhh... Alright! This guy has very much the same thoughts as me about afterlife. He made a good and funny movie about his thoughts

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/72146

:L
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127338
05/16/07 22:21
05/16/07 22:21
Munich, Germany
R
Robotronic Offline
Robotronic  Offline
R

Munich, Germany
Quote:

Oh yeah, he had integrity, he had morals.

Let the man speak for himself:

Quote:

"The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Saviour."
"I think Muhammad was a terrorist."
"I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Mr James Farmer, and others, who are known to have leftwing associations."
"I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehaviour does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status."
"It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening."
On 9/11: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularise America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'."
On Desmond Tutu: "I think he's a phoney, period, as far as representing the black people of South Africa."
On Tinky-Winky: "He is purple - the gay-pride colour; and his antenna is shaped like a triangle - the gay-pride symbol."

Farewell Falwell

Quote:

Think about it: He was a leader of the moral majority, politically speaking, he represented mainstream American Christian thought.

It´s a tragedy.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127339
05/16/07 22:36
05/16/07 22:36
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

He was nothing like the guy on that you tube you posted. I don't know where you have come up with such nonsense.

Just because he wasn't in the healing fraud business doesn't quite clear the man from similarities actually, so it's not total nonsense. It's just difficult to see that they really are more similar than you would think.

As Robotronic indicated, in what that man tried to propagate to thousands if not millions of christians, he literally wished a lot of people to be dead actually, funny that you missed that while watching, but we'll just let his rethorics speak for themselves.

Quote:

On 9/11: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularise America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen'."

Especially the quotes like these made him look idiotic and showed his real face.

I do agree with Matt, but I never wish people to die or be dead, especially not religious people.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Robotronic] #127340
05/16/07 22:39
05/16/07 22:39
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
I don't disagree with any of those quotes.

The Jews are indeed spiritually blind and muhamaad was a terrorist. That is fact.

Anyone who disagree's is ignorant.

In USA politics, the ACLU are just a bunch of leftist loons.

Desmond Tutu was a phony bishop, but not sure about Tinky Winky? Don't know Tinky, so can't say. lol

Jerry Falwell told the truth and just got critisized by ignorants for it. Just a bunch of animals, but some on the left is MORE animal and dumb than some other of us.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Robotronic] #127341
05/16/07 22:45
05/16/07 22:45
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Let the man speak for himself:

Right. Big deal. The guy had opinions. None of which has anything to do with morality. What the left thinks is moral, the right sees as immoral. I don't see Falwell condeming anyone to death, or exalting in the death of others. That was what I meant by integrity.

Quote:

It´s a tragedy.

Whats a tragedy? Do you think all US fundamentalist Christians should die also? Are you also happy like Matt that a Christian leader has died? Is this your form of morality?

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: Ran Man] #127342
05/16/07 22:47
05/16/07 22:47
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

I don't disagree with any of those quotes.

I dont either.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: PHeMoX] #127343
05/16/07 22:55
05/16/07 22:55
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

As Robotronic indicated, in what that man tried to propagate to thousands if not millions of christians, he literally wished a lot of people to be dead actually, funny that you missed that while watching, but we'll just let his rethorics speak for themselves.

You have no right to assume what he wished death upon anyone. Why? Because you cant read minds. he certainly never said anything of the kind.

As I said, Falwell didn't propagate anything. The Christian beliefs already existed, Falwell only took them out to the media. He did not create US Christian fundamentalism, Jesus did. If your looking for the original source of fundamental Christian propagation you have to trace it to Jesus. And by the way, too late, He was already blamed, falsely tried, and crucified and proved that wishing death and even killing Christians is not the way to stop Christianity. As a matter of fact history would attest that Christian persecution only makes the Christian numbers multiply.

Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: NITRO777] #127344
05/16/07 23:07
05/16/07 23:07
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

You have no right to assume what he wished death upon anyone.

I'm not assuming anything and I don't think he was unclear about the opinions he propagated in any of those quotes either. Somehow I think you're defending him, because, like you've said so yourself, you simply do not disagree with his quotes. You've got the right to (dis)agree, but so do we.

Quote:

The Christian beliefs already existed, Falwell only took them out to the media.

Yes, so? That doesn't change anything at all when it comes to the content of this belief. Like all churches, there's a lot he said that you won't find inside the bible actually. I think the quotes posted here already also prove that ..

Quote:

He was already blamed, falsely tried, and crucified and proved that wishing death and even killing Christians is not the way to stop Christianity. As a matter of fact history would attest that Christian persecution only makes the Christian numbers multiply.

I don't want Christians to die, although I would like to see them change their minds on certain subjects. Mostly the things that science has already proven to be wrong, like the age of earth and way more things. (Science doesn't exclude God and according to some doesn't exclude Jesus either.)

I don't think Christian numbers ever multiplied, it's more that when persecuted and hunted people will go underground, if things are more save later on they'll become publicly visible again. This way certain movements have survived throughout time and some might always survive.

(I've visited a church that was situated inside a cave deep underground two weeks ago, quite extraordinary actually and pretty interesting. I can send you some pictures if you like or post them here later this week.)

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Christian Life, are you saved? [Re: PHeMoX] #127345
05/16/07 23:51
05/16/07 23:51
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Somehow I think you're defending him, because, like you've said so yourself, you simply do not disagree with his quotes.

No, Im defending him because I thought he was a good guy. I have no idea if tinky-winky was gay And quite frankly I dont care My kids still watched the tele-tubbies, even I watched tele-tubbies with them sometimes.Sure Falwell was extreme, and political, I dont even believe Christians should be political most of the time. But the fact was that he was a voice to thousands of heartland Christian Americans, which are my people, they are where I come from. So a lot of people appreciated the man, even if he was far from perfect.

Quote:

(I've visited a church that was situated inside a cave deep underground two weeks ago, quite extraordinary actually and pretty interesting. I can send you some pictures if you like or post them here later this week.)

You should put them on your website or here or wherever with descriptions they would be interesting enough for everyone to see I would think. I have been meaning to get back to some of my early Christian history studies anyway, this would be good to see.

Quote:

I don't want Christians to die,

I dont know why a nice guy like you get mixed up with agreeing with some foolish statement by Aufderheide, but somehow you managed to get caught. I am sorry if I came across a little to crazy but believe me it was mostly aimed at Matt's ignorant hatemongering; as a rule I know that you are a pacifist in most cases.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite