by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (opm), 778 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: spartan131] #13593
07/22/05 16:05
07/22/05 16:05
N
Neuro Offline
Serious User
Neuro  Offline
Serious User
N

That zombie code is just your basic usual "follow the player around and attack code".....its listed all the time in the AUM magazines so its nothing special..... You can easily modify to do better things and other have other AI states.

The Wii Effect - a look at Nintendo's epidemic
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #13594
07/22/05 22:15
07/22/05 22:15
Pennsylvania, USA
FoxZero Offline
Serious User
FoxZero  Offline
Serious User

Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:

it's more complicated than that FoxZero my man.. ai could be a hard project, so it will need lots of encouragement and people begging to actually finish it sometime.

Dude I've had 3DGS for years and I understand how complicated projects can get. This dude had plenty of encouragement and people begging for his code. Judging by how many people wanted it he could have made a hundred bucks right away. If the code was good the owners of the product would be boasting about the product in the forum. That's free advertisement. If the code was bad... he still could have made some money. Oh well. Not my problem lol.

Check out my site http://foxzero.net
My band's website
http://wolf-hybrid.net

R.I.P. Dave Williams
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: FoxZero] #13595
07/23/05 08:00
07/23/05 08:00
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
I hear you man... I'm just saying, you're only guessing you're gonna make loads of money, you can never be too sure.. Many Ai projects out there had many encouragmenet at first, cause obsiously this community needs an Ai done, but when they were done they didn't had the sales they were expecting.. At least, that's what I'm guessing since all the Ai projects for Gstudio are pretty much dead now..

Anyhow, for all it's worth, I'm gonna give it a try on the Ai thing and see how it goes. It's been 4 or 5 months working on it and I still haven't given up, so this just might actually get completed someday, we'll see:)

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #13596
07/25/05 17:39
07/25/05 17:39
Pennsylvania, USA
FoxZero Offline
Serious User
FoxZero  Offline
Serious User

Pennsylvania, USA
Well, good luck!

Check out my site http://foxzero.net
My band's website
http://wolf-hybrid.net

R.I.P. Dave Williams
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: ChrispiZ] #13597
07/25/05 23:45
07/25/05 23:45
Sweden
Gafgar Offline
Developer
Gafgar  Offline
Developer

Sweden
tried to just the last second before creating the bullet check if the player is standing in the bullets path and if so then don’t shout. Create a trace in the entities direction and after that if the you != null && you == player don’t create the bullet. even if there is an enemy but the enemy is standing behind the player the ally wont shoot. that would be an improvement? wouldn’t it? ^^

(never looked if the problem was solved because there was to many posts.)

Last edited by Gafgar; 07/25/05 23:47.

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #13598
07/25/05 23:53
07/25/05 23:53
Sweden
Gafgar Offline
Developer
Gafgar  Offline
Developer

Sweden
Quote:

I hear you man... I'm just saying, you're only guessing you're gonna make loads of money, you can never be too sure.. Many Ai projects out there had many encouragmenet at first, cause obsiously this community needs an Ai done, but when they were done they didn't had the sales they were expecting.. At least, that's what I'm guessing since all the Ai projects for Gstudio are pretty much dead now..

Anyhow, for all it's worth, I'm gonna give it a try on the Ai thing and see how it goes. It's been 4 or 5 months working on it and I still haven't given up, so this just might actually get completed someday, we'll see:)

this poets nearly maid me want to create a total AI package for zombies and outdoor creatures with real life... like in the stalker game. and implant some of that stuff to the zombies so they really walking the earth looking for food.. >;] killing all living. is there any interest in a code like this?... (i did not meant to steel the thread or something... just a quick check.. )

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Re: New A.I !!! [Re: Gafgar] #13599
07/26/05 00:13
07/26/05 00:13
Sweden
Gafgar Offline
Developer
Gafgar  Offline
Developer

Sweden
one more thing.. i was thinking about all this stuff with AI systems and really implanting them to a game...
There is that many different games out there and I don’t think that many of them is using the A5 or A6 templates. So how will all the damage and damage system work?

One way is to create a system that simply just support the template script but that can be really bad if people want to have an own game system.

Another way is to first looking around and find a really grate game system for damage and shots and melee attacks and then implant that hole system to your AI script so you have a simple code for picking up weapons and a weapon code that can easy be modified without scripting like the template system. And all the code should be well commented and at the beginning or the end there should be a text explaining how it all works and tell what parts should be edited if you wanted to change that and that. And tell how to use the system to your own code. Ex explaining that for example the gun pickup code looks for the player all the time so the player action does not have anything with the pickup action and stuff like that.
And then create the AI code to this system and then with help of a flag in the engine make it to the A6 template so you can use that system if you would like that.
And also you should be able to change the AI easy. For example some enemies maybe checks for edges thru a trace instruction. But if all enemies is doing that maybe the fps would go down so you can turn stuff like that on and off. Maybe your lvl is maid of terrains and don’t have edges. Then it is useless to check for them?
(short version of what I wrote here)
Create an own “template” system and describe how it works and make it easy to change with and without code. And then ad the AI to that whole system.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de