Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by dr_panther. 05/18/24 11:01
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, dr_panther), 724 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: padrino] #138168
06/27/07 14:13
06/27/07 14:13
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
conitec employee of the month?!

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Blattsalat] #138169
06/27/07 14:31
06/27/07 14:31
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Hey cool, looks like my little brother actually

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Blattsalat] #138170
06/28/07 05:51
06/28/07 05:51
Cologne
padrino Offline
User
padrino  Offline
User

Cologne
Quote:

conitec employee of the month?!

hm i didn't know that the conitec employees are so... unique

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138171
06/29/07 10:51
06/29/07 10:51
Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Evolution is not possible, not possible at all
You can also notice this when you think about it:
There are never found any transitions between animals!
further:
If you let acknex run something like
function main
{
level_load("emptylevel.wmb");
}
after an hour it will be the same as in the beginning,
after 3 days it will be the same,
after 20 years it will be the same(in theory, probably your computer will once get problems, or you get a bill for all that energy you used.
In reality it is the same, if there was no god, there was nothing!

Ever ask this to one of Jehova's withnesses, and they can answer the question,and they can give a solution(I can't, I do not know all needed english words, and I don't know enough)

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Roel] #138172
06/29/07 12:25
06/29/07 12:25
Cologne
padrino Offline
User
padrino  Offline
User

Cologne
evolution is quite more complicated than acknex6 -.-

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138173
06/29/07 18:24
06/29/07 18:24
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

the dna is not evolving, it is in a state of degeneration with every species. It is a proven fact. Proven not by creationists but by biologist around the world.

I wonder how a biologist can seriously support such claim
The DNA itself is nothing else than a big molecule
Nobody can draw any conclusion just examining it
I suppose you mean that people animals and plants were more resistent in the past than nowadays
As far as people and domestic animals are concerned ,it maybe true but this is obviously due to natural selection
Weak people died young some thousand years ago ,nowdays some of them can survive thanks to modern medicine
I dont suppose however that a modern wild Grizzly wandering in the Alaska forests is a degenerated version of the original one
Not to mention of course all the fossils clearly prove that animals and plants have been evolving
Some preistoric animals were bigger but , in general, less efficient than modern ones
It is a matter of fact

Last edited by AlbertoT; 06/29/07 18:26.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: AlbertoT] #138174
06/30/07 00:37
06/30/07 00:37
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

The DNA itself is nothing else than a big molecule

very big, 2 sets of about 3 billion chemical bond pairs making up the rungs of the dna "ladder"

Quote:

I suppose you mean that people animals and plants were more resistent in the past than nowadays

no. what I mean is that the mutations which occur in the human genome from generation to generation cause more and more degeneration in the human genome. natural selection will not select out individual mutations which are seemingly harmless to the organisms survival, because natural selection works on the large creature survival level, not the small nucleotide level.

Basically we are all mutants. Conservative estimates say that each of us have produced at least 100 mutations that will be inherited and then compounded by our own children. More realistic estimates are around 1000 mutations per person.

And those mutations are not nuetral, they only dont get selected out because the effect on immediate survival is negligible. Over time however, the human genome(as well as all living creatures) will continue to deteriorate towards the end of the species.

This is not soemthing I got from a creationist, it is a proven fact by population geneticists and biologists for years. Since the 50's they have been worried about the effects of mutations on the species. As they learn more and more they have realized that these major portions of the genome which were considered junk dna, are actually needful and functional for nucleotide binding sites and other things which they are discovering. So therefore as these large parts of our genome become corrupted, the species as a whole degenerates from generation to generation.

The Christian belief is that this degeneration, called "genetic entropy" is the result of the curse God put on man in the garden of Eden. The Christian beleif states that the original Adam had perfect dna which only began to deteriorate after man's sin.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: AlbertoT] #138175
06/30/07 00:45
06/30/07 00:45
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
transition forms????

ever wondered why a fish (whale, dolphin,...or in this case not even a fish anymore) cant breath under water? why cant polar bears, penguins aso breath under water but have to spend lots of their life in it to hunt?

either its natural evolution that animals that can adapt the best can survive more easy and spread their genes or god must have had the worst beta test series in entire history.

the difference between a runnin engine and evolution is that you dont have changing values in your blank engine. so it will stay the same. But have the example where you run millions of engines at the same time and every single one is executing combinable scripts at runtime. you set the parameters of surviving and kill the ones that doesnt fit in. The ones that survive pass their action to their child engines and those are allowed to run another randome function. every time you enter the room the engine would look different.

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: padrino] #138176
06/30/07 00:46
06/30/07 00:46
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

evolution is quite more complicated than acknex6 -.-

correct. however this fact only makes the concept of evolution more vague. If a computer program cannot evolve into something else then it is even infinetley more impossible to believe that something as complicated as a livng cell can evolve. One lving cell is more complicated than any computer, software, or any man made machine in existence.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138177
06/30/07 01:13
06/30/07 01:13
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

computer programs can evolve. look into "evolutionary computing" and "artificial life". i think this will become very interesting in the next decades with more powerful computers.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite