Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by dr_panther. 05/18/24 11:01
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, dr_panther), 724 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138188
06/30/07 13:36
06/30/07 13:36
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Wouldnt you agree that your view of God as a killer and mass murderer is a little extreme?

We dont see "killing" and "murder" as the same thing. Basically the difference is that "killing" is sometimes necessary as in the case of war or justice, murder is unwarranted slaying of innocents.

The difference is an important distinction.

Anybody with children would not hesitate to kill someone who threatened the lives of their children. Yet killing in this manner would never be considered murder.

As I said to Alberto. The jsutice system of God is only misunderstood by humanity because we are viewing it through the lenses of our own moral framework. We have no idea what Divine justice might be.

Therefore no, I dont see God's justice as extreme. Especially since He has given everyone a choice to save themselves.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138189
06/30/07 13:42
06/30/07 13:42
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
There is only one excuse for killing, this is self-defense. And for mass-murder there is no excuse at all. A God that kills his own creation makes no sense to me. This is not only immoral but also un-Christian. Look in the bible what Jesus said about turn the other cheek.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138190
06/30/07 13:45
06/30/07 13:45
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

If you understand the bible literally than you must understand how the stories were meant. They are not meant to depict God as a killer, but are tales with moral and poetic background. Of course they are meant literally but are meant as stories and not as historic record. I mean come on, not even people back then believed that Adam and Eve were real people. God cursed and killed no one

Jesus referenced these stories on multiple occasions as literal events, and so did Paul, Peter and John in their epistles. Its is clear through reading the new testament that the Christian church believed all the events of the Old testament. If the founders of the Christian church believed literally then the modern church should also believe it...that is if they want to be called Christian.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138191
06/30/07 13:49
06/30/07 13:49
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
If you believe this then show me the place in the bible where Jesus said that God killed people.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138192
06/30/07 13:52
06/30/07 13:52
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

"
No, I said correctly. Any Catholic who believes the Bible is a Christian, if a Catholic does not believe the Bible then I do not know what he is but he is not a Christian."

Ok I take not that in your opinion, the Pope is not a Christian , even though he is not definitly considered a modernist
I suppose that you mean that Bible must be alwayes understood litteraly
Take a breath before answering
You might come across some embarassing situations

" Yes he cursed everything everywhere, the entire earth. Here is the entire curse from the Bible:"

Wow, Gengis Khan ordered to kill all the living species ( spiders included ) to take a revenge on his son's death during the Sarmacanda siege

" Dont get me wrong, I belive that natural selection and survival of the fittest are true facts. I dont dispute that at all. A species will adapt to its environment based upon its existing gene pool. The question is: How did the gene pool get there to begin with? "

Agreed ( are you surprised ? )
This is the reason why a driven evolutionism is the only serious theory
Even though I beleive that sooner or later science will raze to ground also this last castle of Theism , I must admit that this is just a gut feeling
Actually evolutionism can not explain the primordial form of life

"Crime is judged relative to our moral framework perhaps, but relative to God's moral framework then the judgement fits the crime."

It is an unfair battle , actually you have a big advantage over us
We must explain everything even the small details while you can evoke the
" mistery of faith " to justtify any absurdities

Last edited by AlbertoT; 06/30/07 13:56.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138193
06/30/07 13:59
06/30/07 13:59
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

There is only one excuse for killing, this is self-defense. And for mass-murder there is no excuse at all.

Funny. I have debated with people who seemed to want to kill me just because they couldnt win an argument.

However I understand your point, and I respect your choice to have a different opinion than me. However, true Christianity does not hold your viewpoint at all.

Quote:

A God that kills his own creation makes no sense for me

Of course it makes no sense to you, you dont understand the difference between "killing" and "murder" like I understand it. That is not you fault or my fault, its just that people think fundamentally different. It is a sad but true occurence throughout civilization. It is the precise reason why wars will never end.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138194
06/30/07 14:08
06/30/07 14:08
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Quote:

you dont understand the difference between "killing" and "murder" like I understand it. That is not you fault or my fault, its just that people think fundamentally different.

I beg to differ, I dont share this viewpoint of total moral relativity. Killing innocent women and children without self-defense is always murder in all societies of the earth and no matter how different people think.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138195
06/30/07 14:33
06/30/07 14:33
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Killing innocent women and children without self-defense

Im glad that you think your looking out for the innocent women and children, but in denying the justice of God you have essentially removed the proper consequences for those actions which have occured throughout the years.

For example, if you believe that God should not "murder" his "innocent" creation. Then what should he do with pedophiles in the afterlife? Arent pedophiles part of the innocent creation? should he let them into heaven? Or how about people who have REALLY killed innocent women and children, people like Idi Amin, or the Nazis or Pol Pot? or rapists? Or all the bad people?

There have been many terrible people in our civilization that have done many terrible things, if you deny Divine Justice, then basically you deny all the victims their due justice.

And what about your own personal sin? Do you think your a good man? Every man will have to answer for the things he has done.

Thats why I talked about moral relativity, we cannot compare our morality with Gods. God has no sin whatsoever, whereas we have sin.

God gives everyone a choice, so if someone does not choose Christ, they are no longer innocent, and they deserve the judgement of God.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138196
06/30/07 15:00
06/30/07 15:00
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Quote:

God gives everyone a choice, so if someone does not choose Christ, they are no longer innocent, and they deserve the judgement of God.

Do you seriously believe that it's ok to kill innocent people just because they are not Christian?

What about you, then? I would not consider you a Christian with such a belief, so would it be ok to kill you? And on the other hand, you declared me not a Christian because I don't share your extreme bible interpretation, so you think its ok to kill me?

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138197
06/30/07 15:52
06/30/07 15:52
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Do you seriously believe that it's ok to kill innocent people just because they are not Christian?

Well yes of course, according to the Bible you will indeed go to hell if you are not a Christian.

But as I said:
1)its not killing, its God's judgement for sin
2)its not innocent people because we are all under sin, and we all have a chance to repent
3)we are talking about the afterlife, not God striking someone dead with a lightning bolt.

That is the Christian belief, Im sorry if you do not agree.

Quote:

And on the other hand, you declared me not a Christian because I don't share your extreme bible interpretation, so you think its ok to kill me?

No its not just a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with someone's interpretation. Its a matter of the sin in your life. even small sins like hatred, and wraths, and slander, and lies, jealousy and bitterness. All of those sins, left unrepented and unconfessed will send you to hell unless you seek forgiveness from Jesus.

Really it is the condition of your heart, all the blackness and evil which exists in your heart. The hate, the anger, the bitterness. None of it is according to the law of love. All laws can be summed up by the law which states "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" If you dont have love in your heart, but all you have is hatred, you will go to hell. Thats why you need Jesus.

Quote:

What about you, then? I would not consider you a Christian with such a belief, so would it be ok to kill you?

Gods judgement applies to everyone, male and female, me or you, whomever, God is no respecter of persons. But this applies to the afterlife, it has nothing to do with you killing me here on earth, or God sending lightning bolts. Although there have been cases where God has actually caused the deaths of people, like the flood and earthquakes. So I suppose it is possible, but not probable.

I actually look forward to my own death because I know Ill be going to heaven. So death is no big deal for me. I know I also have sins, but because I repent of my sins and I believe in Jesus to forgive my sins when I ask then I know I am going the right direction.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite