Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 959 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138198
06/30/07 16:12
06/30/07 16:12
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Well, of course you're free to believe that it is ok to kill innocent people just because they are not Christian. But I'm sorry to say that your belief has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Christianity is a religion of love, not of intolerance and hate. I think only few today have such a hate towards other religions that they want to punish a different belief with killing or torture in hell. Christians don't justify killing innocents or torturing them in hell. The 9/11 terrorists might have agreed with you but Christians won't.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138199
06/30/07 16:24
06/30/07 16:24
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

I think only few today have such a hate towards other religions that they want to punish a different belief with killing or torture in hell.

really? I find that hard to believe. I think you will find that in spite of what some people might say, the reality is that their own hearts are full of anger, hatred, torture, and killing.

From the experience of my life, I have been unlucky enough to see what really exists in the hearts of some people. If you think that only a few have hatred then I can only hope you can continue to live in your fantasy world. Because I see what happens to people who are driven by hate and pride every day, even in this most civilized America.

You can wear a suit and tie, you can go to church, you can even be "nice" and politically correct and call yourselef a Christian. But Jesus knows whats in your heart, and you will be judged by God accordingly. As evidenced by the Master when He said:

Quote:

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear beautiful, but inwardly are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

You can say that you dont have sin, and you dont have hate, but God alone knows whats in your heart. Thats why we need Jesus.

Quote:

Joh 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Last edited by NITRO777; 06/30/07 16:28.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138200
06/30/07 16:32
06/30/07 16:32
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Quote:

From the experience of my life, I have been unlucky enough to see what really exists in the hearts of some people.

Look into your own heart. It is you who's trying to justify killing innocents. Other people are normally not "full of anger, hatred, torture, and killing". Especially not if they are Christians and I don't mean members of your sect.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138201
06/30/07 16:51
06/30/07 16:51
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Look into your own heart.

I do, I already admitted that I have sins.
Quote:

It is you who's trying to justify killing innocents.

I never said that, that is your gross misinterpretation of what I said.

Quote:

Other people are normally not "full of anger, hatred, torture, and killing". Especially not if they are Christians - and I don't mean members of your sect. ]

Oh I get it, so your saying that you are this great loving group of Christians unlike my "sect" huh? Ok, if you want to continue believing this lie go for it, but if you actually want to look at what the Bible says we are ALL under sin:

Quote:

Rom 3:10 as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God;
Rom 3:12 They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good, no, not, so much as one:
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; With their tongues they have used deceit: The poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So I find it interesting that you and other normal people(not evil people from my "sect") never have any sin in their hearts? fascinating. You must have some superior breeding, huh?

But I keep forgetting, the true "Christians" like the ones your trying to represent here dont seem to accept any part of the Bible. Tell me then, what qualifies someone to be a Christian? Do you qualify just because you call yourself one?

Are you a Christian because you are a white European?

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: NITRO777] #138202
06/30/07 17:07
06/30/07 17:07
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
I think I am a Christian when I accept God and the 10 commandments and the words of Jesus. And when you say its ok to kill people because of their belief and even claim your God did that then we obviously dont share the same religion. Its as simple as that.

"You shall not kill." Very clear and no room for interpretation, or do you really think God violated his own commandments and cursed and killed his own creation?

We all are not free of sin. Thats why Jesus died for us. For all of us, and what makes you think he died only for your sect and all other people go to hell?

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138203
06/30/07 17:44
06/30/07 17:44
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Tobias

Everybody here is on your side but Bible is on NITRO'S side

Have you ever read the letter exchanges between Erasmus and Luther about "predestination" ?
Erasmus, Tobias (I suppose) , all conitec's member and myself think that predestination is a mostruosity

But Luther said and Nitro ( I suppose ) says

Dear Erasmus , Tobias , Conitec's members and Alberto... read the Bible

The point is that they are right

Last edited by AlbertoT; 06/30/07 17:46.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: AlbertoT] #138204
06/30/07 19:29
06/30/07 19:29
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Please read some more of the discussion. My issue was not that the bible is wrong but that NITRO77 has a narrow and wrong bible interpretation that propagates intolerance and moral relativity in contradiction to Christianity.

The bible is the basis of Christianity but there are thousands of different interpretations and all claim to be literal and correct. The bible was inspired but of course not literally dictated and proofread by God. The bible stories and legends about Adam and Eve and Moses are meant to transfer Christian ideas but they also transfer human thinking and human morale of that time. They must be understood in that context. It is grotesque to assume that God really cursed or killed people.

This is the position of both the Catholic and Protestant churches and I think they have some authority about the bible. You can read about the bible, I dont know English websites but here is a Catholic website with a good introduction in the bible: http://www.joerg-sieger.de

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138205
06/30/07 20:17
06/30/07 20:17
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Well I am not a biblistic expert but I feel that you , along with many other religious guys, pretend ignoring , even if in good faith , what Bible really states

I repeat , read Erasmus \ Luther discussion about predestinations

Erasmus tries to convince Luther using common sense arguments
Luther does not even try to counter attach on a logic or human like basis , it would be impossible , of course
It simply says :
" Erasmus, read the bible"
It is the same kind of answers which I and other people have got from NITRO
That said, I dont mean that Nitro and the fundamentalists are not good persons but for sure they are consistent people regardless of the consequences , while progessive Christians want, in my opinion :

"To wear two pair of shoes at the same time "

I dont know wether it makes sense also in Eglish but I suppose you got what I mean

Last edited by AlbertoT; 06/30/07 20:29.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: AlbertoT] #138206
06/30/07 20:32
06/30/07 20:32
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline

Tobias  Offline

Baunatal, Germany
Yes I understand what you mean and while I dont know the Erasmus / Luther discussion about predestination I know that Luther had a lot other wrong ideas, for instance he was antisemitist. But he was a fallible human so who cares today about some of his strange ideas? This does not make his other ideas wrong.

The bible was written by hundreds of authors and some had strange ideas about killing women and children, does this make the bible wrong? No, the bible is just meant to give us insight not only in God but also in human thinking of that time.

The wrong interpretation is to confuse the intentions of its writers with the intentions of God. If you mix both you just make God a human, and not a very good one. But God can be clearly understood from the bible and if you read it right you can see the difference between divine ideas and human thinking. The bible contains both divine and human parts and this is right so because religion also consists of divine and human parts. If you neglect any part you misunderstand the bible and if you neglect the divine part totally and see only the human part, you end up with such a bizarre misinterpretation like NITRO77.

Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Tobias] #138207
06/30/07 20:43
06/30/07 20:43
innsbruck, austria
achaziel Offline
Serious User
achaziel  Offline
Serious User

innsbruck, austria
evolution and creation are two completely different things. i heard a very good explanation of that, but, unfortunately, i can't really remember what it said

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite