Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 801 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: PHeMoX] #138238
07/13/07 18:36
07/13/07 18:36
A
AlbertoT Offline
Serious User
AlbertoT  Offline
Serious User
A

Quote:

I'm not afraid of emotional people at all, but a belief based upon emotion does create a breeding ground for extremists and fundamentalists. Those people can have potentially dangerous ideas, but only a handful are a real threat.

You got the point
This is exactly the reason why I am scared of emotional people
Of course, just a minority of them put into action their dangerous ideas but humanity does not need milions Toquemada's
Read the posts of some fundamentalist Christians , here on this forum !
For sure they are nice people but. well...
To be fair, I must admit that emotions create also saints but well I feel myself much more confortable in a society made of cynic common sensed guys

Last edited by AlbertoT; 07/13/07 18:37.
Re: Kann es Evolution geben????? [Re: Robotronic] #138239
07/13/07 18:58
07/13/07 18:58
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

But I keep it short here, this thread was intended to be another "evolutionists vs creationists" - debate, for me this is all very strange, because I don´t believe, that God can be found in the fossils ...

You're right, God can not be found in the fossils, they quite clearly indicate there was no creation. (at least not in the way the bible describes and what's left is that at best there could have been an ID completely at the beginning of things, but it doesn't look like that atm.). It's no surprise that the Vatican already supports the evolution theory, I think others will follow too if they do not support it already.

Quote:

On the other hand I don´t see, that modern lifestyle has always the best solution.

That's perhaps because all in all when it comes to our level of true social civilization not thát much has changed trough time. There are still poor people, death penalties, murderers, corrupt governments and what more. Still, I do think our modern lifestyle is much much better overall.

Quote:

It would be crazy to go back and imitate them.

Yup, that's what I mean. People often think only about the barbaric punishments of those ages, but there are plenty of other extremely odd social things that once were and would be idiotic to go back to. (Like marriages with cousins and stuff like that, but other more basic things.)

Quote:

To be fair, I must admit that emotions create also saints

True, which is exactly why religions try to use them for their cause.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite