by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora, Quad), 919 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13886
12/19/06 09:12
12/19/06 09:12
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

It has lot of style

cool game like this one :
game
made with Torque , but can be done with any 3D engine.

i liked Killer 7 on gamecube , very original and lot of style.

Keep it up

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: TheExpert] #13887
12/21/06 12:31
12/21/06 12:31
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

@TheExpert: I know I give you a hard time (as do a lot of us), but you still took the time to comment. Thanks.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13888
12/22/06 09:37
12/22/06 09:37
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

I made these per a request for someone else, but I'll go ahead and post these here for those who are interested. This is 4 different angles from the latest build of the hall captured at 1600x1200 and with all advanced graphical settings cranked on my GeForce 7600 GS. It destroys the framerate (about 17 fps in the Superintendent shot), but it's only for show. A few small changes and tweaks and the first additions to the hallway proper are shown Any little white dots you see are dust particles that glitter in the light:

http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/game/hall03.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/game/hall04.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/game/hall05.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/game/hall06.jpg

EDIT: No video for now. Too much hassle right now and not enough time.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13889
12/22/06 09:41
12/22/06 09:41
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
great shots, can't wait to see the video. I really love that style and would love to play an adventure in this style. Hope you go on with it.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #13890
12/24/06 10:12
12/24/06 10:12
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13891
02/24/07 23:57
02/24/07 23:57
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

This is a FYI post...

If you haven't already noticed, there's a 2nd Disenfranchised thread here:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/729519/

Because of the large number of posts in this one, I decided to showcase models in another, more narrowly focused place. It will only be used for this, and there should be some new characters to showcase in the next couple weeks provided my model maker isn't busy with other projects (he gets to work at his convenience with an "I'm in no hurry" policy ).

I also have an animator/rigger who will begin work on animations sometime in March. Like the model maker, he will be extended the same no hassle/hurry courtesy, and I will showcase AVIs as I deem appropriate in the other thread. The test animations using "canned" animations were very nice, so I have high hopes for this part of the process. He has already been given a lengthy list of animations to work on (see below), so this should be fun.

Quote:

base - just a standing pose
walk
run
endrun - to play if player is running and then user completely stops moving..keeps the player from abruptly stopping
idle1 - crossing arms while swaying a bit, perhaps a slight stance change, too
idle2 - looking around by turning head
idle3 - light up a cigarette, take a couple puffs, drop cigarette on ground and extinguish with foot

All of the following motions will use a "prop" or part of a level like stairs and doors. A standardized
stair size, doorknob height, and the height for table tops and other surfaces will be used.

upstairs - ascending stairs
downstairs - descending
opendoor
pickup - like picking something up off of a table
sittingdown - in a chair
standingup - from a chair
sittinginchair
takedrink - from a glass or bottle
holdobject - forearm elevated
putincoat - putting an object inside overcoat
layonback - laying on a bed, head slightly propped up because of a pillow, legs/feet crossed, hands behind head

My next area of concern is overhauling the UI and save/load system. I have very rudimentary systems in place, and I may "outsource" the creation of the save/load system. I have already contacted one of our best programmers, and I will make a decision on outsourcing in the coming days. I hope to have a suitable UI by that time, as well. The plan is a minimal UI, so finding the perfect way is important.

Finally, as always I'm torn between implementing direct control vs. point and click using Intense Pathfinding. A compromise would be to implement both, however there are some minor issues with Intense P that would need to be addressed if that were to be used. The main issue is being able to click on non-horizontal surfaces and having the player walk to the nearest legal spot. At present, this can't be done, and Larry mentioned that perhaps this may be addressed after Intense X is out. I'm not going to base my entire control scheme on whether or not this happens, so direct control is the final choice for now. I will provide both character- and camera-relative options, so there should be something there for anyone.

Until next time..

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13892
03/21/07 08:42
03/21/07 08:42
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

If anyone is wondering why this thread is near the top but has no recent post, well it's because I deleted the new one quickly. I'm going to go ahead and restate it, though.

I'm taking the game to the Wintermute Engine. I want to head in a more "traditional" adventure game direction via 2.5D gaming, and WME is designed for this out of the box.

I will continue to help people out on this forum, and I may post an occasional update here as something more substantial and concrete comes about.

I will also continue to maintain A6 and will most definitely update to A7 when the time comes. I've been here since late 1999, so I'm not going anywhere. There will an Orange Brat game made with 3DGS someday, and it will probably have something to do with a future The Disenfranchised title given it's designed in a kind of Twilight Zone kind of way, so it allows for more stories to be told and in different kinds of ways. I'd also like to do a Visual Novel game using the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine someday, too (see recent Tools forum post), but that one will have to wait.

Until next time....

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13893
03/21/07 14:27
03/21/07 14:27
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
What will happen to your levels and the other things you already done in 3DGS?
Can you use them in the other engine?

EDIT: I know, it is ridiculous, that I'm depressed, only because that you and your promising gameproject are changing the engine, but... its kinda sad...
I was in a better mood before I read your post!

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 03/21/07 14:39.
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Pappenheimer] #13894
03/21/07 15:38
03/21/07 15:38
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

The models Dan/Andvari are working on will be usable. The level designs themselves won't go to waste. I'll just have to recreate in Blender and export the hidden scene geometry with the Blender -> WME plugin. Cinema4D can export the special kind of 3DS that are usable by WME, too.

..or..

I may try some experiments with WED and A6 and taking screen captures from the realtime levels. This would require me to make them a bit more detailed and I'd probably have to use a per pixel light shader to get better shadows and lighting. There's a game called Limbo of the Lost that used both 3DGS and WME in this manner, but I don't think they took the shaders route. Anyway, framerate wouldn't be an issue given they'd be stills.

The only problem with that is that you need the hidden geometry for walking planes and collision for the 3D models to walk around in and for stencil shadow casting. WED exports 3DS, so hopefully that can be opened in Blender and then re-exported out. All I'd need is the simpler collision geometry and not the detailed visible level. I'd have to place some dummy blocks in there and replace with cameras and lights (once in Blender) that WME will use.

I don't know if it will work, but I'll try. Level creation in WED is much easier for me. And, you never know..I could always come back here with it. Fortunately, we have a Blender to MDL7 plugin and A7/WED will convert mesh to blocks(or whatever magic it's supposed to do), so no lost ground if that were to happen.

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13895
03/21/07 16:25
03/21/07 16:25
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Quote:

I may post an occasional update here as something more substantial and concrete comes about.

Please do. I demand to know what happens to this project! It's certainly one of my favorite - if not the favorite - projects here. Which is a little weird, actually, as I don't know much about it. But the amazing style and the promise of a great story make me very interested indeed!

It seems like the Wintermute engine is quite a good fit for your game (at least as far as my very limited knowledge about it is concerned!) and as sad as it is to see this project leaving this engine, its probably for the best. So... when can we expect the next update?

In other news, I got PhoenixWright2 on Saturday and I'm absolutely loving it (more of the same of PhoenixWright1? Oh yes). Which shows how important the story is (as aside from writing, there isn't that much in these games, which doesn't make them less awesome, even though everybody knows that sandboxstyle-games set in the slums of weird, dirty cities with guns are the best games ever. Objection!).

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de