by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 972 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13906
04/10/07 06:50
04/10/07 06:50
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hey Orange Brat,

I just happened to stample accross your thread, and see you're having some I.P. problems.. I actually remember you asking for a way to detect if the point clicked is walkable or not, and find a compromise in the lattest case..

I've played around it a bit back then and didn't found any straight-forward solution, but still it's a pretty easy problem to fix and i'll do it soon as I've promised you. It's just been a really busy year for me, and I had to set up my priorities straight

Nevertheless, I intend to add a lot of adventure features to one of the advanced editions of IntenseX(commercial or pro) if you're interested, like intense dialogues, point and click movement(with that I.P. problem fixed), probably an inventory, and other stuff that could hopefully make adventure making easier, if not completely programming-free using A6/A7.. So, although i can't promise you a specific date yet, i will have that done sometime for sure, if you want to make specific plans about your game around it..

To cut this short, the whole rant was about you keeping the point and click movement for your game. Being a huge adventure fan myself, i could never stand games like Myth or anything that wouldn't let you directly control your character, so hopefully with IntenseX you can change your mind again. I've been following your project for a long time now and i'm really interested to see some first implementations on it, just like you've initially designed it, without programming limitations and whatnot.

By the by, i wouldn't want to force you into buying anything, if you don't really need any of the extra IntenseX features. After I work on the 3rd person point and click movement feature, i'll update the free Intense Pathfinding product as well, just in case. If I wasn't swamped, i'd work on this today, cause we just don't see projects like adventures and Rts's made with gamestudio very often, and that's just not right...

Cheers!
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: LarryLaffer] #13907
04/10/07 21:56
04/10/07 21:56
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Thanks, Larry. "Fixing" IP will be nice for everyone. And, don't worry about forcing me into purchasing...I have the current version and will probably get the more advanced ones, too. I may not require all of what it offers right now, but I might one day once I get away from this cursed project. The original Disenfranchised has an action component that could easily be reinstated (involves vampires that chase you and can move on walls an ceiligns), so it would come in handy for that if I went back that way.

Oops, I just gave something away....

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13908
05/14/07 11:16
05/14/07 11:16
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

I'm not exactly sure where I stand right now. I'm not sure if my modeler and animator are still with me, so this particular part of the project is uncertain at the moment. EDIT: My modeler is still with me.

I'm really wanting to explore the possibility of what I call a 2.75D game. It's the combination of a realtime world and prerendered and/or hand drawn art. It different from a 2.5D game or at least an evolved version of it.

Here's the basic concept behind it.

You have your realtime level as you always do. Within the world are a series of parallel planes that face the camera. The artwork is mapped onto these planes. The camera can still move around in the world, however it has to be a cinematic camera like I've been using. Each level is basically a series of layers of artwork, and everything must be designed around the pre-scripted camera moves to insure it looks right and to eliminate any dead spots where there's not artwork shown. It's certainly something that most likely requires storyboarding and advanced planning. Characters would remain realtime.

Here's an example of what it could look like. The zooming in of the camera and the depth of field type effects are something I'd definitely explore (although using non-shader means):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKzH7Ngpoc&mode=related&search=

Anyway, that's what I'm wanting to get into these days. I suppose it's a form of Disney's "Deep Canvas."

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13909
05/15/07 05:29
05/15/07 05:29
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
as long as it gets done i really want to see you make this!

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13910
05/15/07 11:23
05/15/07 11:23
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Sounds like an interesting concept, although it will probably require lots and lots of tweaking. If you can pull it off it will look amazing, though.

Can't wait to see more of it, keep us posted! I'm looking forward to play this! After Hotel Dusk, I'm eager for more adventure and great stories (Btw, have you played Hotel Dusk? Characters are also black and white, amazing style, great game - although many won't like it because it has "NO GUNS LOLZ" )

Last edited by Error014; 05/15/07 11:25.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Error014] #13911
05/15/07 15:18
05/15/07 15:18
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Yes, Hotel Dusk was the first DS game I bought. I loved the style, and I'd like to create something like that some day. Another game using the technique I described in my previous post is A Vampyre Story. Check out the screens here and imagine these backgrounds broken up into layers:

http://www.vampyre-story.com/

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13912
05/16/07 07:08
05/16/07 07:08
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Heya OB,

Good to see this thread back again.

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Nems] #13913
05/17/07 09:12
05/17/07 09:12
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Me too because it means I might be working on it regularly again. I should have a new model to showcase sometime in the next week.

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13914
05/19/07 15:00
05/19/07 15:00
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

I forgot all about this until a discussion in another thread, but click on the upper left thumbnail inside the link below (called Underground). This is the 2.75D style in action:

http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/gallery/musicvideos.shtml

Re: The Disenfranchised... [Re: Orange Brat] #13915
05/26/07 04:50
05/26/07 04:50
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Here's the latest BBQ-flavored update Spam™...

Assuming no snags occur, I'm now an A6 Pro owner (via a sale from a previous owner). This means I can release resourced demos whenever I need to. Because A7 supports 4 bones per vertex FBX format, I'll eventually update to the next version, but I'm just happy to have A6 Pro finally.

I've contacted another forum member regarding art asset contribution for the 2.75D prototype tech demo I'm working on. They haven't gotten back with me, but I hope they have time to at least help out on the demo. If they accept, I'll design the level and lay in some prototype art, and they'll create the final art based off of this. I'll upload this demo and sit back and hope some of the few thousand viewers of this thread will respond with some feedback.

If the demo is a success (based on both user feedback and how I feel about the work flow and overall execution of the demo), I hope they accept my offer to come aboard to do the art for the actual game. The tech demo level will most likely be featured in the game, as well since I don't see a reason to waste time creating something that will serve no other purpose other than that of a tech demo.

I'm also going to implement WordPress blog software for the Orange Brat website. I like my artsy site, currently, but I'd rather have a site that is more standardized and easier to maintain these days. I have no time table or deadline for this implementation, so when it's done I suppose.

Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de