Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,405 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion #142359
07/20/07 14:07
07/20/07 14:07
Dortmund, Germany
P
phil3d Offline OP
Developer
phil3d  Offline OP
Developer
P

Dortmund, Germany
I just saw the movie at

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

and i wonder if it's true what is said there.

i just refer to the first part of the film not the 911 part after the religion part. the whole movie is not very objectiv so i wonder what you can believe of it
what do you think?

Last edited by phil3d; 07/20/07 14:19.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: phil3d] #142360
07/21/07 01:23
07/21/07 01:23
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
short resume mabye?!

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: Blattsalat] #142361
07/21/07 07:13
07/21/07 07:13
Dortmund, Germany
P
phil3d Offline OP
Developer
phil3d  Offline OP
Developer
P

Dortmund, Germany
it says that the bible is an astrological book and jesus never existet. they refer that jesus is similar to the agyptan god horus who also was born by a virgin was resurrrectet after 3 days and many other similarities.
Also it says that at december 25 the sun who stands for horus or jesus in that way is in one line with three bright stars which was in the past known as the three kings. the bible says they follow a star in the east which is true the three stars follow the bright star sirius until they stand in this constalation. So if you see Jesus as being the sun it makes all sense december 22-24 december are the days where the sun stands at its lowest point so it "dies" than december 25 it goes up again (resurection) and stands in line with the three kings.
jesus 12 followers are representing the months or star signs of a year. There are many other astrological similarities with the bible which are mentioned in the movie.

Last edited by phil3d; 07/21/07 07:15.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: phil3d] #142362
07/22/07 19:41
07/22/07 19:41
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
christian religion is a patchwork religion. made out of any available stuff back then...

i still wodner why people dont know this? do you have no idea? you can see this stuff everywhere...

go wikipedia...

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: sPlKe] #142363
07/23/07 09:24
07/23/07 09:24
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
I'm not sure if I would trust a movie who's point (AFAIK) is to convince you that 911 was a hoax by the banks so they can track you by implanted RFID tags (or something like that, I couldn't watch it all). But it is true that Christianity borrows a lot from several "pagan" religions.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: Doug] #142364
07/24/07 08:30
07/24/07 08:30
Dortmund, Germany
P
phil3d Offline OP
Developer
phil3d  Offline OP
Developer
P

Dortmund, Germany
i still wodner why people dont know this? do you have no idea? you can see this stuff everywhere...

go wikipedia...

oh come on wikipedia is no scientific website. when we refer to wikipedia in an exam or something at university we get a F (ungenügend) for sure. you can fast look up things in wikipedia but since it's written by users it's not really believeable.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: phil3d] #142365
07/24/07 23:29
07/24/07 23:29
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

oh come on wikipedia is no scientific website. when we refer to wikipedia in an exam or something at university we get a F (ungenügend) for sure. you can fast look up things in wikipedia but since it's written by users it's not really believeable.

Very good point, and one I think most people miss.

Anybody with access to the internet can put whatever they like up on Wikipedia. The only thing that makes it better than random web gossip, is that it can be reviewed by people.

Wikipedia is great for basic knowledge but, if you really want to find the truth, you'll have to do some digging on your own.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: phil3d] #142366
07/27/07 01:02
07/27/07 01:02
Wellington
Nems Offline

Nems  Offline

Wellington
Over some 30 odd years (I'm 50 now) I have read a lot of material which compares many religious, mythics and old wives tales to ask similar questions and each one has been as facinating as the next but the fact is no one can go back there at the moment so no one can say what actually happened.

All that can be stated as holding some validity is what we already know thanks to the works of the scholars who investigated or reported details and yet, speculation is imaginations best friend.

One of thoses stories was that the Crucifiction was a hoax and that the Lord Jesus Christ travelled to Asia with his family at that time (Wife and kids too no doubt) where a picture was painted of him and where he reportedly died.

Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: Nems] #142367
07/27/07 03:47
07/27/07 03:47
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
another opportunity to bang on the "christians" again.

hooray!

But, why don't they ever get brave and bang on islam? lol

Dumb cowards.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Christian Religion = Agyptian Religion [Re: Ran Man] #142368
07/27/07 07:32
07/27/07 07:32
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
That is a good point Ran Man. I always see/hear about Christians getting the short end of the stick. Like when I was in high school. There were these group of Christian kids who would stand in front of the flag outside and pray every morning. Nobody bothered them or was offended. Almost everyone accepted it. Then the principal/administration made them stop doing it threatening them with detention and suspension and such. Nobody was outraged and everyone assumed that they banned ALL religious practices from school "Like it should be". Soon after, there were these groups of Muslim kids who would get on their knees and pray to Allah at like, 1:00pm every day in the corner of the classroom (or whatever room they were in). Nobody said anything or made them stop and when the issue was brought up, the admin replied "It is their constitutional right. We can't make them stop practicing their religion" WTF???? I am in no way bias, I like to see things from both sides of the fence. But I have noticed that Christians do often get the short end of the stick. In my grandmothers neighborhood, a group of Muslims made the local church take down their cross. Their was a cross on top of the building (Like most churches), and they were "Offended" bu the image. But now, Michigan State University is building mosks (spelling) to accommodate Muslim students. I am in no way a prophecy believer, but the Christian prophecy claims that countless religions will try to "destroy" the word of god. The only big Christian countries are the U.S.A and Israel. And we are BOTH on everyone "Hit list". I don't know guys, sometimes I wonder. I think that there are two things that are going on.

1). US citizens pity the Muslim's and try to accomidate their every need with bias. There have been multiple times that I have seen a Muslim (or Middle eastern) man/woman being given things that others don't. It is this pity that is going to weaken us as U.S citizens. I always stop to think, "If we were attacked right now what would I do?" The answer is tough because I don't want to have a genocide, but I don't want to stand and do nothing. it really is a hard question.

2). US citizens are scared of Middle eastern people. That is a fact. Before Sep-11th, we didn't have this problem. But since that tragedy there has been this fear lingering around peoples minds. You can smell the fear when a Middle eastern man walks into the room. It is sad, because we shouldn't generalize and show ignorant racism. But that is just the times we are living in. Some people say the world will end 2012. By the way it looks now, they could be right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite